Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-03-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woohoo, UCONN in the lead now. Hopefully they can hold on. Lorenzen is playing quite well.

Of course I probably just jinxed us, oh well.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Woohoo, UCONN in the lead now. Hopefully they can hold on. Lorenzen is playing quite well.

Of course I probably just jinxed us, oh well.
GO AWAY!! I dont like you :D

also, i heart Kenny Britt
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uconn! Huskies!

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

speaking of Rutgers.... go Jack Egbert!

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woohoo! Donald Brown is a beast! Donald Brown > Ray Rice

Lol, just kidding, but Brown has put on a heck of a show in the second half. I'm just glad as it looks like we'll come away with the victory. Proving the critics wrong once again!
Old 12-11-2007, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow D.C. re-comitted to us. Very weird especially since Miles didn't leave.
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, signing day is approaching guys!

Keith Stroud was recently bumped up to 4* on Rivals so that's still a solid signing. Malcolm Johnson also recruited (WR) so Schiano is still getting the valuable FL prospects.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Man, signing day is approaching guys!

Keith Stroud was recently bumped up to 4* on Rivals so that's still a solid signing. Malcolm Johnson also recruited (WR) so Schiano is still getting the valuable FL prospects.
we got a couple very good FL WR's the other day. I'm pumped with DC and now Malcolm. got some nice D guys as well.
I'm stoked to see Greene and Lefeged at the safety spots. My lord will they hit!!!
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, this class is lacking the "big-time" players like a Britt, Young, Davis, etc. but it's building just fine. I think DC Jefferson will be a great QB for RU and I really like Forst, Wayne Warren and Vallone should all make impacts relatively soon.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's try and actually use this thread this year.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Let's try and actually use this thread this year.
haha yes we should.

and where the bloody hell have you been!?!?!! haven't seen ya around lately
Quote:
Old 08-24-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
haha yes we should.

and where the bloody hell have you been!?!?!! haven't seen ya around lately
I've had a rough summer but I'm looking forward to the start of the season. I realy thought a big problem of ours last year was our run defense and that should be so much better this year with Abreu(Big Star) and D'Imperio playing this year. It was a shame Ryan was hurt the the first half last year as he would have been a big plus. I'm a little worried about the line just because they are going to need some time to come together. Fresno is a great test for the opening game.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I've had a rough summer but I'm looking forward to the start of the season. I realy thought a big problem of ours last year was our run defense and that should be so much better this year with Abreu(Big Star) and D'Imperio playing this year. It was a shame Ryan was hurt the the first half last year as he would have been a big plus. I'm a little worried about the line just because they are going to need some time to come together. Fresno is a great test for the opening game.
yea the line needs to come together. Our camp struggles running are most likely the line. Davis, Haslam and R-Blaz are fine, I'm comfortable with them, but we need to mesh and Rauch needs to provehimself tough on the inside.

I think Abreu-D'Imperio-Malast could be very nasty. Abreu supposedly put on 15 lbs of muscle, and still runs his nasty speed(like 4.50ish if I recall)
Quote:
Old 08-24-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
yea the line needs to come together. Our camp struggles running are most likely the line. Davis, Haslam and R-Blaz are fine, I'm comfortable with them, but we need to mesh and Rauch needs to provehimself tough on the inside.

I think Abreu-D'Imperio-Malast could be very nasty. Abreu supposedly put on 15 lbs of muscle, and still runs his nasty speed(like 4.50ish if I recall)
Yeah he's going to be amazing. I saw a picture of him and he looks jacked and as you said he's still crazy fast. I haven't been this positive about a player since Britt his freshmen year.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Only 4 more hours!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I speak for all of us when i say that I blame Scotty for our epic failure against Fresno St.

:(
Old 09-02-2008, 09:25 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched the game yesterday to keep an eye on Britt and Greene. I took play-by-play notes of the game and went a little more in-depth with notes on both of them. If anybody is interested in seeing what I came up with just say so. I will be posting in-depth write-ups on both Britt and Greene's games in the Eagles forum tomorrow night if anyone wants to check that out. That is a tough loss, but Piscataway has a lot to look forward to. Britt and Underwood are a very good receiving duo. Brock looks to be a solid TE, and the running game looks promising, especially Young. He was inches away from breaking a few runs wide open, and still had a good game. Don't worry Rutgers Fans, hope isn't lost. And I'm sure Scotty was doing his voodoo against Fresno as best he could, it isn't his fault, :D.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I watched the game yesterday to keep an eye on Britt and Greene. I took play-by-play notes of the game and went a little more in-depth with notes on both of them. If anybody is interested in seeing what I came up with just say so. I will be posting in-depth write-ups on both Britt and Greene's games in the Eagles forum tomorrow night if anyone wants to check that out. That is a tough loss, but Piscataway has a lot to look forward to. Britt and Underwood are a very good receiving duo. Brock looks to be a solid TE, and the running game looks promising, especially Young. He was inches away from breaking a few runs wide open, and still had a good game. Don't worry Rutgers Fans, hope isn't lost. And I'm sure Scotty was doing his voodoo against Fresno as best he could, it isn't his fault, :D.
lol yeah, poor Scotty :p

Underwood is gonna be a very good WR. Kind of reminds me of Santonio Holmes. Id love to hear your breakdown of Greene. I didn't get to catch the game, I just saw the highlights.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:35 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll give you a little tidbit of Greene, I posted it in the Draft stock thread if your interested. It doesn't go into much detail, but it gives major stats and other things. I will do the complete evaluation when I have the write-up tomorrow. I am at work now and don't have it with me. I will say this though, it is hard to completely evaluate WRs and secondary members off of a live game. There are camera angles that are designed to monitor what goes on downfield that I don't have access to.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:37 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I watched the Rutgers, Fresno State game yesterday, and took particular close attention to Kenny Britt and Courney Greene, and both looked pretty good. I did write-ups on them that I will be posting in the Eagles section tomorrow night if anybody is interested. I'll do a brief overview now.

WR Kenny Britt caught 6 passes for 89 yards, 4 of those passes were caught for first downs, and had a his biggest reception on a WR screen, where he picked up 41 yards. Had a few crucial drops though, one that would have led to a TD and one more that would have resulted in a first down, but since he dropped it, the Scarlet Knights had to punt. He also not only showed willingness to block, but good blocking technique.

SS Courtney Greene had 7 takcles, 6 solo, 1 TFL, but missed one tackle (I may be remembering that incorrectly, my write-up isn't in front of me) He was covering at least two passes that were incomplete.

I will do evaluations when I do my full write-ups on them, those are just some stats and other things.

^^^That is what I wrote in the thread.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I'll give you a little tidbit of Greene, I posted it in the Draft stock thread if your interested. It doesn't go into much detail, but it gives major stats and other things. I will do the complete evaluation when I have the write-up tomorrow. I am at work now and don't have it with me. I will say this though, it is hard to completely evaluate WRs and secondary members off of a live game. There are camera angles that are designed to monitor what goes on downfield that I don't have access to.
i definitely agree. its very hard without the endzone angle. is he getting dirty in the run game? thats one thing you can evaluate well from the tv angle.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:38 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

good stuff, but I kinda disagree on the drop for a TD by Britt. If he caught it, it would've been a fingertips lunging grab. He had 5 yards on the defender, Teel just played like total poop
Quote:
Old 09-02-2008, 09:39 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Most of the plays he made were in the running game or after short passes, but like I said, I want to see him more in coverage. If I remember correctly, he did let a WR past him on one play, but I don't have much to go for with coverage.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:40 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

oh, and Joe Lefeged WILL kill someone. He just flies everywhere and DRILLS people. I LOVE him. He's just everywhere and anhilates people. He rules
Quote:
Old 09-02-2008, 09:41 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
good stuff, but I kinda disagree on the drop for a TD by Britt. If he caught it, it would've been a fingertips lunging grab. He had 5 yards on the defender, Teel just played like total poop
That was a very difficult catch I agree, but he had both hands on the ball. It defintiley isn't all on him. Teel could have made a better throw, but its like the old saying goes, if you can get your hands on it, you should catch it. I had a points system I was working with, I chalked that up as a neutral play for him because it wasn't all on him.