Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink

I think there wont be a huge demand for a starting QB in FA this season. Who ultimately gets Byron? And how much is it gonna cost?

Heres hopeing he signs with the browns......

Other teams needing a starting QB (not necessarily him)
Raiders (looking at Russell?)
Lions (might not get one this year)
Texans (will stick with Carr 1 more yr?)
Old 01-24-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

is he a FA? Miami might look at him.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think Leftwich in Cleveland would be good at all.

You guys need a franchise QB. you are very much rebuilding and you cant do that around a mediocre QB like Leftwich. I like the guy and think that he didnt really get a fair shot but no, I dont think its a good idea at all. You should just draft Brady Quinn imo.

I think a team like the Ravens, Cheifs or Bears would be a good fit for him. a stopgap for a few seasons while they still have a chance to make a run.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Doesn't he have 1 more year left on his contract?

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger
ya i dont think he is a FA

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink

i thought they were releasing him?

Someone clarify?
Old 01-24-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger
ya i dont think he is a FA
He isn't a FA and I just can't see Jacksonville getting rid of him with only Garrard and Gray left on the roster.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink

Im pretty sure I read that they are going to let Gerrard and gray battle it out?
Old 01-24-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsfan
Im pretty sure I read that they are going to let Gerrard and gray battle it out?
No, you've just heard rumors. Leftwich is in the last year of his contract. Scott thinks Leftwich is gone, I and other Jaguars fans think he will stay.

No matter what I think, don't count on having Leftwich available. It would involve a trade of some sort, anyways.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsfan
Gray????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

They are going to cast off Byron Leftwich for Quinn Gray??

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats going on with David Carr and Houston? anything? because on Cold Pizza they said Garcia might go to Houston and fight for the starting job. (I doubt it but if theres a chance hes available...)

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

First off, I don't view Leftwich as a "mediocre" QB - more so a guy that is in a bad situation and hasn't reached his prime.

Although I don't know how likely it is, I really like the idea of Leftwich going to Cleveland. He would have two potentially elite downfield threats in Braylon and KW2, and possibly an elite RB in AD. I like his chances of success in that situation, especially if they can improve the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know none of them wanna hear it cause they love Boller but why not the Ravens.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im defnitely hopin the Raiders pull a deal for him
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

get byron into a healthy situation and you've found your man...this was evident two seasons ago when he broke his ankle against arizona...he was 15 td's and 5 int's...on pace for 23 td's and 9 int's...I can only imagine what he could do when healthy and he's got all the tools around him now and will soon have probably a high priced WR via FA or through the draft...he's in the last year of his rookie contract and if he totally sucks then they'll let him walk but if he lights it up like he was doing back in 2005 then they'll resign him...he's not a bad qb just a qb with bad luck...had the Jaguars had him instead of David "Jerrard", they would've been in the playoffs...no doubt....
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is pointless as Byron is not a FA, please lock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
This thread is pointless as Byron is not a FA, please lock.
:?: :| :o
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think he would be a better upgrade than Derek Anderson and Charlie Frye.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm seriously begining to question if some of you Browns fans even watch the Browns.

Ok, you're going to replace a Quarterback who only managed to survive by running for his life on every play because the offensive line is terrible and you have no credible threat at runningback with a guy that is arguably the most immobile in the entire league? I mean seriously? Did you think about that for a second or did you just notice that Leftwich has a higher rating on Madden than Charlie and think "well there's an upgrade". I would say it makes no sense, but it actually makes less than no sense. Your idea makes negative sense, which isn't even possible. Congrats.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

They should give Kerry Collins a shot lol.

Thanks to jackalope
Old 01-25-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink

I think Derek Anderson can be the future there. He played well when he took over for Frye and was even said to be the next Tom Brady.<- (some stupid ESPN guy said that.) What they need is a franchise RB. feel bad for the jags. They were on th rise last year and now are slowly declining.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
I'm seriously begining to question if some of you Browns fans even watch the Browns.

Ok, you're going to replace a Quarterback who only managed to survive by running for his life on every play because the offensive line is terrible and you have no credible threat at runningback with a guy that is arguably the most immobile in the entire league? I mean seriously? Did you think about that for a second or did you just notice that Leftwich has a higher rating on Madden than Charlie and think "well there's an upgrade". I would say it makes no sense, but it actually makes less than no sense. Your idea makes negative sense, which isn't even possible. Congrats.
Leave it to Bearsfan to act like the angry dad scolding his dumb child.

But seriously, BF51 is right. You need oline in the worst way. Add dline to that too.

People always forget that battles are won and lost in the trenches. The Browns have a great LB core, underrated secondary, great skill position players, but continually go 5-11 every year. Why? Because they have a doodoo oline and dline. Thats why.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmmm

I'm a Raider fan and I want no part of Leftwich.

Garcia to the Texans? He's mobile which would help, but I highly doubt he wants to spend his last couple years as a professional football player running for his life.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

Anderson did to well against the cheifs and against a few other teams to. He's a backup he's not going to be anything specila he'll win a couple games here and loose a couple there.

Like Madden Player was saying they need a franchise back and Ruben Droughns isn't cutting the mustard.

Thanks to jackalope
Old 01-25-2007, 11:03 AM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51

Leave it to Bearsfan to act like the angry dad scolding his dumb child.

But seriously, BF51 is right. You need oline in the worst way. Add dline to that too.

People always forget that battles are won and lost in the trenches. The Browns have a great LB core, underrated secondary, great skill position players, but continually go 5-11 every year. Why? Because they have a doodoo oline and dline. Thats why.
I don't think any Browns fans are saying to acquire Leftwich instead of improving the offensive line - they would like to do both. Assuming that they improve the O-line through the draft and/or free agency, do you really think Leftwich would not be an improvement at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote