Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 08-25-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Minnesota Vikings Discussion

This thread will be for discussion of the team in between regular season games and then for the offseason.

I will be stickying regular season Game Day threads once the season starts, please post in the Game Day threads during the game, not here.

Please do not make me close the this Discussion thread like we had to do last time.

Quote:
Ah, ah,
We come from the land of the ice and snow,
from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
The hammer of the gods
Will drive our ships to new lands,
To fight the horde, singing and crying:
Valhalla, I am coming!
On we sweep with threshing oar,
Our only goal will be the western shore.

Last edited by djp : 10-08-2008 at 10:44 PM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
This thread will be for discussion of the team in between regular season games and then for the offseason.

I will be stickying regular season Game Day threads once the season starts, please post in the Game Day threads during the game, not here.

Please do not make me close the this Discussion thread like we had to do last time.
I blame Severe Punishment.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I blame Severe Punishment.
Lmao I forgot that guy. He was a true Pain.

Well Anyways. The Vikings cut 4 guys today since Kendrick Allen is on the IR and doesnt count against the Roster.

The 4 were Derrick Pope LB, Sean Dumford OT, Brock Pasteur OT, and Daniel Davis WR. Nothing to big. Just have to see who makes the 53 man roster. Im rooting for Erin Henderson. He has looked good in the preseason so far.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Lmao I forgot that guy. He was a true Pain.

Well Anyways. The Vikings cut 4 guys today since Kendrick Allen is on the IR and doesnt count against the Roster.

The 4 were Derrick Pope LB, Sean Dumford OT, Brock Pasteur OT, and Daniel Davis WR. Nothing to big. Just have to see who makes the 53 man roster. Im rooting for Erin Henderson. He has looked good in the preseason so far.
Wasn't Derrick Pope an offseason signing? I think the chances of Erin Henderson making the roster are pretty good. I remember when I wanted the Vikings to draft him in the 2nd round way back.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wasn't Derrick Pope an offseason signing? I think the chances of Erin Henderson making the roster are pretty good. I remember when I wanted the Vikings to draft him in the 2nd round way back.
Yeah he was signed this offseason guess he wasnt cutting it. I never heard of the other guys. Yeah i remember draft day everytime Erin Henderson came up and we still had a pick i wanted the Vikings to take him then to find out we got him after the draft in FA Signing I was very happy. He is a FA in Madden who i pick up everytime i do a franchise with fantasy.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Yeah he was signed this offseason guess he wasnt cutting it. I never heard of the other guys. Yeah i remember draft day everytime Erin Henderson came up and we still had a pick i wanted the Vikings to take him then to find out we got him after the draft in FA Signing I was very happy. He is a FA in Madden who i pick up everytime i do a franchise with fantasy.
I did not know he was a FA in Madden. I must now pick him up. The thought of a Henderson/Henderson/Greenway LB corp makes me salivate. This may never happen but in a couple years if Erin starts playing at an EJ like level we would have a top group of LB's in the league and a great team to play with on Madden.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I did not know he was a FA in Madden. I must now pick him up. The thought of a Henderson/Henderson/Greenway LB corp makes me salivate. This may never happen but in a couple years if Erin starts playing at an EJ like level we would have a top group of LB's in the league and a great team to play with on Madden.
Yeah it would be great thing to see in a couple years. I was upset when i saw we signed Leber back when we did lol, but he has been very good for us since he came over from San Diego. Brooks Bollinger is also a free agent in Madden so If you want to pick him up lol.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Yeah it would be great thing to see in a couple years. I was upset when i saw we signed Leber back when we did lol, but he has been very good for us since he came over from San Diego. Brooks Bollinger is also a free agent in Madden so If you want to pick him up lol.
I am happy trading away Tarvaris Jackson and starting my mancrush JDB at QB.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:29 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We suck. Nobody's posting!

What's everyone expecting from tonight's game? I hope JDB can at least get some kind of rhythm going tonight. Also, I'd like to see Erin Henderson force a fumble on a hit stick.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really expecting much from tonight's game.

I also hope JDB gets his **** together so we can finally release Bollinger.

Let's go scrubs!!!!
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Not really expecting much from tonight's game.

I also hope JDB gets his **** together so we can finally release Bollinger.

Let's go scrubs!!!!
Well he's gone no matter what. You wouldn't keep 4 QBs. Would you?
Old 08-28-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Well he's gone no matter what. You wouldn't keep 4 QBs. Would you?
Na. I think what every happens tonight Bollinger is gone. I agree with everyone that JDB needs to get his stuff together and look good enough to be a 3rd stringer which shouldn't be hard. Yeah pretty much Im looking at the LB's and see how will make the team as back ups. Also Special Teams.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Na. I think what every happens tonight Bollinger is gone. I agree with everyone that JDB needs to get his stuff together and look good enough to be a 3rd stringer which shouldn't be hard. Yeah pretty much Im looking at the LB's and see how will make the team as back ups. Also Special Teams.
Barring a serious injury to JDB, I also think Bollinger is gone.
Vikings4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
Barring a serious injury to JDB, I also think Bollinger is gone.
True but lets not hope that.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's official, McKinnie suspended four games. On the StarTribune.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

This is the list of people who have been cut.

C Dan Mozes
WR Martin Nance
CB Brandon Sumrall
T Chase Johnson
TE Braden Jones
DE Chris Norwell

Im shocked about Nance not even Practice Squad. I thought he performed very well this preseason and i thought he deserved a shot. But With Berrian,Rice, Wade, Allison and Ferguson...I guess that leaves 1 person if that. So i guess Jaymar Johnson and Darius Reynaud one will be going and one will be saying. Reynaud has impressed me on his return ability.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Players have to clear waivers before they get added to the PS, so Nance may be headed there if another team doesn't pick him up.
Vikings4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
Players have to clear waivers before they get added to the PS, so Nance may be headed there if another team doesn't pick him up.
Ah alright well lets hope because he was really good in preseason.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:28 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope Nance catches on with someone's 53 man roster. I really liked him as a prospect coming out and imo he's done nothing but succeed when given opportunities with us.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:39 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
It's official, McKinnie suspended four games. On the StarTribune.
As if the first 4 games of the season weren't difficult enough....
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Well If i was childress, If Hicks start getting killed on the Left side I would put Kliensasser over there and just double team the DE. There is a Reason why we keep Kliensasser and thats because he is one hell of a blocker.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Rufus Alexander, Jaymar Johnson gone.

Reynaud makes the team. Erin Henderson also makes it.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rufus Alexander, Jaymar Johnson gone.

Reynaud makes the team. Erin Henderson also makes it.
Nope, cut.

Quote:
The team opted to stay with five wide receivers. Martin Nance, Jaymar Johnson and Darius Reynaud did some nice things, but they couldn’t stick.
:From StarTribune.com
Old 08-30-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Oh, the strib was saying earlier that it looked like Reynaud was gonna make it.

Allison for KR and PR then?
Old 08-30-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Oh, the strib was saying earlier that it looked like Reynaud was gonna make it.

Allison for KR and PR then?
Looks like it, with Hicks maybe spelling him from time to time.