Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC West Division Forum

AFC West Division Forum Discuss the AFC West

Old 10-05-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Travis Henry testing positive surely doesnt help the Donks feeble attempts to sweep Oakland.And btw,when was the last time Oakland has gotten swept by an AFC West team.Im pretty sure that has never happened.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
what?

i hope you're not serious. all 3 afc west teams swept you last season.
dont worry I wasnt being serious.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i was going to suggest either more or less medication... whew.
heh... He's like Tommy from the superfans, even if the Raiders aren't in the SB we have to tell him they are in fear of another heart attack. All those losses on film are computer animated and it's clear when we do lose it's because Al Davis has other intentions, he's got to keep the league fair. Next week I predict the Da Raiduhs 175, the Chargers 3, but the Chargers will hold the rushing game to under 800 yards, maybe 799...
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Wyndham
Rookie

Wyndham hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
woooow the chargers might not stay within 20 of the cheifs???? thats just being a dopey fan.
Swap 20 for 14 and put it a week ago as I type this, and you'd have said the same thing.

Quote:
the word that saves you is 'might' because it broadens the scope of the argument.. but if you were to switch that word to say.. definitely.. it just might be the dumbest comment of the year.
There's nothing to save. I didn't say definitely and you have no argument.

The Chiefs might beat the Chargers by 20. They just beat them by 14 on the road, which, historically, is a major downfall for KC.

The Chargers might beat the Chiefs by 20. Although that's a lot less likely to happen.
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Wyndham
Rookie

Wyndham hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
I'll take that sig bet....if anyone is interested.
No one's going to give you action on any sig bet. It was a speculative comment on the back of a 14-point road victory, emphasing how awful San Diego's coaching and defense is.

Quote:
We've done nothing right this year, but wow within 20? New England beat us by 24, in New England, by scoring as the clock was winding down. You can't transfer a game like that and assume it will be the same, but wow.
You're making out as if I said, "Book it - the Chiefs will win by 20+, no doubt about it. Guaranteed. Lock it up and throw away the key."

Quote:
We aren't that bad we lose by 20 to the Chiefs. Though we did come close.
Hence my comment. Arrowhead and showing up in the first half could be worth six points.

Needless to say, though, it appears my comment hasn't been taken in the manner in which it was intended (not that it's as far-fetched as some seem to want to think).
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

I'd respond to a single post, but i just wouldnt know where to start.. so pretty much to sum up what everyone was saying... "no way the chargers drum the chiefs at arrowhead"....

GOOD CALL

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

LT looked impressive yesterday. I'm surprised that there are already reports of the Chargers committing to Turner for another year. I'd thought they would wait a bit.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
LT looked impressive yesterday. I'm surprised that there are already reports of the Chargers committing to Turner for another year. I'd thought they would wait a bit.
I was hoping they wouldn't come at all...

EDIT: Back on topic, I believe all SD has to do to win the AFC West is beat Denver at home...any one think the Chargers will be able to reach ten wins? They have one loss of breathing room.

Last edited by JK17 : 12-03-2007 at 05:00 PM.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
Are you even watching the games? You made a comment earlier that makes me think that you've never even watched an AFC West game period. I guess we can allow teams to ride on their records from last year. The Chargers have easily played the worse of any team, and yet it seems you keep them near the top because everyone is waiting for them to "get it going." I hate to break it to you, but it's probably not coming. The play calling in SD is a joke, and the defense isn't playing anywhere near it's potential. You also put Denver above Oakland, which is reasonable, but with a simple timeout negated were talking about a 1-3 Denver and a 3-1 Oakland. If Oakland can get even a medicore effort out of thier pass game they'll be able to compete and win games in the division. The Chiefs are still a mystery to me, I can't tell if the wins are for real, as in did they win or did the other team lose. I have to admit, their defense is outplaying my expectations, and if they can clique offensively they have as good of a chance as anyone. I call the west even at this point for obvious reasons, but to label KC and OAK as the bottom 2 is ridiculous.
I hate to break it to you, but it looks like you were completely wrong, and i was completely right.

I said earlier i wasnt gonna respond to just one, seeing as how the consensus perspective was understandable, but i took exception for this one..

sig by bosanac01
Old 12-03-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate to break it to you, but it looks like you were completely wrong, and i was completely right.

I said earlier i wasnt gonna respond to just one, seeing as how the consensus perspective was understandable, but i took exception for this one..
nice responding so early with the Chargers playing marginally better but still with 4 games left in the season. KC is a team that beat the Chargers this year and Oakland has 2 division victories, so I'd say the west is pretty even. No team is mathematically out of it at this point and to try and so I was so right and you were wrong is just ignorant before the conclusion of the season. For all we know SD loses out Oakland wins out and takes the division on a coin flip.

Last edited by SubNoize : 12-03-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
nice responding so early with the Chargers playing marginally better but still with 4 games left in the season. KC is a team that beat the Chargers this year and Oakland has 2 division victories, so I'd say the west is pretty even. No team is mathematically out of it at this point and to try and so I was so right and you were wrong is just ignorant before the conclusion of the season. For all we know SD loses out Oakland wins out and takes the division on a coin flip.
yeah i guess i was early.. thats correct. If you think the chargers wont win it, we can make it a bet.. or is that your thing, false hypothetical situations..

sig by bosanac01
Old 08-25-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Obviously this is quite an old topic, but would any of you say that the same idea applies equally well this year? The way I see it, one of Wade Phillips or Norv Turner will take their Super Bowl-calibur team and go roughly 8-8. Normally I'd be inclined to go for Dallas given their division, but I could see if the pieces fall right I could see Oakland winning the division at 9-7, with Denver and San Diego both close behind at about 8-8. Thoughts?
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:18 AM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
Obviously this is quite an old topic, but would any of you say that the same idea applies equally well this year? The way I see it, one of Wade Phillips or Norv Turner will take their Super Bowl-calibur team and go roughly 8-8. Normally I'd be inclined to go for Dallas given their division, but I could see if the pieces fall right I could see Oakland winning the division at 9-7, with Denver and San Diego both close behind at about 8-8. Thoughts?
SD will probably win at least 10 games, and the rest will be in that 5-8 win category, i dont see any team in the west besides SD even challening for a playoff berth.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:59 AM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
you honestly see KC with 5 wins?
it's possible, they could pull out a couple wins in the west maybe split with oakland and denver and then they have a shot at miami, atlanta and cincy.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, it didn't even take 9-7. Fear the wild wild west.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:00 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This year Denver will be 16-0 and everyone will know the fury of our drunken pirate QB: Neckbeard. Yarrrrr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote