Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-03-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
JC the Savior
Rookie

JC the Savior hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 661rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC the Savior
Will USC really bench Booty for his senior year in favor of Sanchez?
I'm not sure... but Pete Carroll did say that every position is open next year including the possibility of Sanchez starting next year. Why would he say that? maybe giving Booty a hint?

I think Booty should come out but I don't think he will. Caroll should tell Booty before the 15th if he intends to start Sanchez...
Old 01-03-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

661rep hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure... but Pete Carroll did say that every position is open next year including the possibility of Sanchez starting next year. Why would he say that? maybe giving Booty a hint?

I think Booty should come out but I don't think he will. Caroll should tell Booty before the 15th if he intends to start Sanchez...
Yeah he should, I just can't see Carroll holding a talent like Mark Sanchez back another year.
661rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
USC doesn't operate like other programs,it doesnt matter what a player did during the season,his spot is always up for competition all summer in camp.Thats a reason why we get so many highly touted recruits.Theres always a chance to play early if you work for it and prove your better than the guy above you.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

I really doubt Booty will be benched after the way he looked at the Rose Bowl....it would be a bad move to put Sanchez in next season even though I cant wait to see him start. He would have to learn a lot of the things Booty did this season

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:31 AM    (permalink
terman
Rookie

terman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Trojans are in quite a sticky wicket since the possibility of Booty starting again would probably mean that Sanchez would end up transferring(possibly remember) and benching Booty for his senior year would just be bittersweet for Booty, especially after his performance in the Rose Bowl.

It'll be an interesting season come August
terman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terman
The Trojans are in quite a sticky wicket since the possibility of Booty starting again would probably mean that Sanchez would end up transferring(possibly remember) and benching Booty for his senior year would just be bittersweet for Booty, especially after his performance in the Rose Bowl.

If Sanchez transferred he would have to sit out a year and not play until 2008 anyway, so why would he do that?
Old 01-04-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

661rep hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker
Quote:

If Sanchez transferred he would have to sit out a year and not play until 2008 anyway, so why would he do that?
Why would he have to sit out if he has been groomed 2 years by one of the best football programs in the nation?
661rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker
Quote:

Why would he have to sit out if he has been groomed 2 years by one of the best football programs in the nation?
that's the rule. you have to sit out a year if you transfer to another d-1 school.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:19 AM    (permalink
nyjetsguy27
Rookie

nyjetsguy27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

3rd

sig by JETS5128
nyjetsguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

schmiddog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Are you guys being serious? JDB will be USC's starting QB next year, and subsequently be a first round pick. Sanchez can and will wait. I'm not a fan of USC or their recruiting monopoly but get real.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

yeah, but Booty would have to have a meltdown in summer camp in order for Sanchez to start. i cant wait for sanchez but booty has paid his dues and after his performance in the Rose bowl, how could you not start him? he just needs to play every single game next season at that caliber. I heard he was injured prior to the Rose Bowl and is healthy now and thats why he had such a great performance.

As for the draft, i think booty will get drafted as the first QB and if he isnt he will be drafted 2nd after colt brennan.

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
PackerFan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
Next year he might not even start, it's open for competition and Sanchez might come down with it
What year is Sanchez, just wonderin?
He had two great recievers this year and he might struggle this year, regardless I think he'll go in the 2nd-3rd
Old 01-27-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
Next year he might not even start, it's open for competition and Sanchez might come down with it
What year is Sanchez, just wonderin?
He had two great recievers this year and he might struggle this year, regardless I think he'll go in the 2nd-3rd
Mark will be a RS sophmore next year.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

booty booty booty rocken everywhere
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

if Walter doesnt prove he can eb the QB of the future this year JDB will be the next Raider QB.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
if Walter doesnt prove he can eb the QB of the future this year JDB will be the next Raider QB.
hopefully

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.

As much of a Sanchez fan I am, you have to believe JDB will have is slightly entrenched in the QB spot after what he did in the Rose Bowl.

Sanchez won't transfer. If he did, he wouldn't play until 2008 anyway, so he might as well stay at USC. He does seem kind of unhappy always on the bench though.

Booty's a pretty good talent, but I see him as a 2nd rounder as of right now. He needs to work on his sidearm mechanics and learn how to put more air under deep balls. He basically lasers everything.
Jericho@SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone requested for this to be deleted? Please send me reasoning, as I have seen no rule violation.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that was me, but it's gone now. Someone deleted it.

It was a picture of "tubgirl" you don't want to know what that is.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

yea its gross
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
yea its gross
I literally threw up inside when I saw that. WTF is tub girl?
Old 01-29-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

who knows quite disgusting.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what?

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 01-29-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

If you say JDB is a first rounder you are saying Isaiah Stanback is a first rounder, because they had near identical stats.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby
If you say JDB is a first rounder you are saying Isaiah Stanback is a first rounder, because they had near identical stats.

Name G QBRat Att Comp Pct Yds Y/A Y/G TD Int Long

Isaiah Stanback 7 126.6 189 101 53.4 1325 7.0 189.3 10 3 56
John David Booty 13 144.0 436 269 61.7 3347 7.7 257.5 29 9 62

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707