Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default First One to 6?

Which team will get that 6th ring first?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:11 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

definetly Cowboys, no biased opinions here, :roll:
Old 01-26-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink

I went cowboys.

They have the most positions solved to do so.

Pittsburg is kinds startin different which might hurt or help, but alot of key players are older/FA soon.

San Fran has a long way to go still.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:21 AM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Niners, they are a team on the rise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have a lot of change going on, but the Cowboys do as well. They have more questions regarding players than the Steelers do. Also we're keeping the 3-4.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
JLIS24
Veteran

JLIS24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

New England
JLIS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:11 AM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Redskins.

I hate my team..
Old 01-26-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot to mention the Jags are preparing for a 6 year run of owning the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm gonna say 49ers they are the team of the future, I don't see Dallas going to the SB any time soon.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
NFLBOY
Rookie

NFLBOY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Steelers have more players in place than the other teams. It's just hard to get to the superbowl, let alone win it. Of course playing in the NFC there is a better chance of going because of how pathetic the teams are, just winning it would be very tough. I can't see the niners or the cowboys beating any of the top AFC teams.
NFLBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
IBleedNavyandOrange
Rookie

IBleedNavyandOrange hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Seeing this thread reminds me of how much I hate each of these teams.

And as much as it pains me, I gotta say the 49ers will get there first. Dallas is held together by spit and bailing wire, Pittsburgh has serious problems, and SF is actually re-building and winning games in the process.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both Dallas and Pittsburgh will have new HCs. Could take some time for them to create a superbowl calibur team.

I don't see San Fran in a superbowl anytime soon either. There just isn't enough talent on that team. Gore completely carried that team this year. They arn't ready for a run.

So my answer is that there won't be one any time soon.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers. They will win three more superbowls before Favre decides to return to the heavens.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
WeaselBird

Well, during the middle of the season I would've said dallas...but now they look like a mess.

Steelers could be, but it all depends on what kind of coach tomlin is. They have alot of pieces already, it depends on if they can get some consistency out of big ben. He seems to play his best football when they keep his passes under 30(1 touchdown, 7 interceptions when he goes over). If they go back to running the ball and relying on that great defense, I think they can get it.

I think the niners have the next best chance. We're well coached, and just need a #1 wide receiver and for smith to mature. That defense, despite it's talent flaws, had an amazing turn around in the second half of last season...if we can get some talent in the front 7, I think we can be dangerous. Nolan seems to have a very good scheme for our secondary, despite what everyone here thinks, its not that bad. Our corners are not that bad. We had our 3 game losing streak when shawntae spencer was injured and had to rely on sammy davis(ask chargers fans about how bad he is). Walt harris was probably one of the better corners in the league this year(11 turnovers created and I know if someone looked up the stats, he probably only gave up 1-2 touchdowns).After the chicago game(when nolan decided to take over the defense since billy davis wasn't getting it done), we gave up ZERO 300 yard passers, and only 2 100 yard receivers, with a pretty abysmal pass rush.

Well, theres alot of factors in there, but I think...as of RIGHT NOW...the steelers have the best chance, followed by the niners and then cowboys. That's as unbiased as I can get, but I still voted for the niners lol.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
WeaselBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal
Both Dallas and Pittsburgh will have new HCs. Could take some time for them to create a superbowl calibur team.

I don't see San Fran in a superbowl anytime soon either. There just isn't enough talent on that team. Gore completely carried that team this year. They arn't ready for a run.

So my answer is that there won't be one any time soon.
Defensively, yes...but offensively theres some talent growing here. If we keep norv turner, expect alex smith to have a break out year, vernon davis came on strong towards the end of the year...and our interior offensive line played incredibly well this year. Offensively, we're just missing a right tackle and a wide receiver, although vernon davis could make up. Defenses are easier to fix(especially when you have our cap), than offenses...so i'd say we're in pretty good shape.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
NFLBOY
Rookie

NFLBOY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedNavyandOrange
Seeing this thread reminds me of how much I hate each of these teams.

And as much as it pains me, I gotta say the 49ers will get there first. Dallas is held together by spit and bailing wire, Pittsburgh has serious problems, and SF is actually re-building and winning games in the process.
How do you figure the Steelers have serious problems? I'd really like to hear this one. The niners have 1 guy and that is Frank Gore. Cowboys are the team that has the most problems. T.O. That is the reason they will not go any time soon.
NFLBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the Packers have had 6 championships for 63 years, so you guys are a little late. The Bears for 61. So I think this question is moot.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few months short of a year ago, I said the 49ers on the Football's Future forums and was subsequently laughed at. Funny that.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers . . . they play in a weak division in the weaker conference. It's an easier road to the Super Bowl for them.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447
Well the Packers have had 6 championships for 63 years, so you guys are a little late. The Bears for 61. So I think this question is moot.
The Packers only have 3 SB championships, which is what this thread is referring to.

Quote:

Old 01-26-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears in 2087.

By the way, what's with all the 49'ers noise? Just because they weren't terrible last year doesn't make them a Superbowl contendor anytime soon. What do they really have in terms of building blocks other than Frank Gore and maaaaaaaaybe Alex Smith? When they played the elite teams they still got beat like a drum (see Bears-Chargers). I don't think any team can have realistic Superbowl expectations for the next 3-4 years.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
WeaselBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
The Bears in 2087.

By the way, what's with all the 49'ers noise? Just because they weren't terrible last year doesn't make them a Superbowl contendor anytime soon. What do they really have in terms of building blocks other than Frank Gore and maaaaaaaaybe Alex Smith? When they played the elite teams they still got beat like a drum (see Bears-Chargers). I don't think any team can have realistic Superbowl expectations for the next 3-4 years.
That was when billy davis was our defensive coordinator. The guy's schemes just didn't work and caused defensive players to be caught out of position. Nolan took over the defense after the bears game and we had a complete turn around. And building blocks? How about vernon davis, frank gore, alex smith, our whole offensive line minus kwame harris and a pretty good coaching staff. Like I said in my other post, offensively we're missing a right tackle and a true #1 wide receiver....although, we dont even need that. We could settle with a bunch of really good receivers rather than one great one since we have vernon davis.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

Quote:
The Bears in 2087.

Who would have said the Bears had realistic SB aspirations 3 or 4 years ago? All they had was Urlacher and a bunch of crap. A lot change in a span of 4 years.

Quote:

Old 01-26-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Quote:
The Bears in 2087.

Who would have said the Bears had realistic SB aspirations 3 or 4 years ago? All they had was Urlacher and a bunch of crap. A lot change in a span of 4 years.
Three years ago we had Urlacher, Mike Brown, Olin Kruetz who were all at the very top of their game. We also had emerging young players Lance Briggs, Nathan Vasher, Tommie Harris, and Charles Tillman.

Anybody that didn't see the Bears as a team on the rise in 2003-2004 wasn't paying attention. We would have been much better in 2004 had we not been devestated by injuries. Keep in mind the biggest reason we had losing seasons was Grossman continually going down and being stuck with Chad Hutchison, Kordell Stewart, and the 500 year old Chris Chandler at QB. The team as a whole was very solid, it was just a few positions that were so bad they were holding everyone else back.

I couldn't name one players on the Niners defense besides Walt Harris who we drafted in 1996 that did anything last year. Again, maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Quote:
The Bears in 2087.

Three years ago we had Urlacher, Mike Brown, Olin Kruetz who were all at the very top of their game. We also had emerging young players Lance Briggs, Nathan Vasher, Tommie Harris, and Charles Tillman.

Anybody that didn't see the Bears as a team on the rise in 2003-2004 wasn't paying attention. We would have been much better in 2004 had we not been devestated by injuries. Keep in mind the biggest reason we had losing seasons was Grossman continually going down and being stuck with Chad Hutchison, Kordell Stewart, and the 500 year old Chris Chandler at QB. The team as a whole was very solid, it was just a few positions that were so bad they were holding everyone else back.

I couldn't name one players on the Niners defense besides Walt Harris who we drafted in 1996 that did anything last year. Again, maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see it.
The players you named seem like obvious choices for emerging stars at the time, but I think you held them in higher regard than most because you're a Bears fan. The Niners have emerging young players too, you just don't know enough about them because your not a SF fan.

Spin it however you want, but no one outside of Chicago looked at that 4-12 Bears team in 02 and thought "wow, now THAT's a team on the rise!"

Quote: