Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 08-30-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Im not confident in Laurent Robinson as well, he can run his routes and is very athletic but his hands looked pretty bad lately and i dont see any confidence in him. If a no. 2 WR doesnt step up for Matt Ryan i would love to see up draft Brian Robiskie, the son of our WR coach. He is ranked no. 2 by Scott Wright at that position for a senior.
When i played football, ironically the dad of our star WR was also his WR coach. His dad played at UGA and i know how hard he pushed him and is now getting great college offers, it would be nice to have Robiskie's son on the team.
I don't know man, we were all saying the same thing about Roddy White last season. In his first year we all thought he showed some progress, then in his 2nd year he showed the ability to get open but tended to drop the ball. I can see Laurent steping it up the way Roddy did in his 3rd year, and am not willing to give up on him yet.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm distraught by the cutting of Daren Stone
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finish well enough (7-9) and we can draft William Moore. That would be excellent.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok here's a situation, falcons suck ass and get the #1 pick overall. You cant trade down, who do you pick?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Number 1 offensive tackle. Eugene Monroe, Andre Smith, Michael Oher...whoever. Sorry Sam Baker. I dont see anyone else to pick at number 1 overall. MAYBE a freak DE.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 09-01-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's too early to see if he would warrant a number 1 pick but terrence cody looked very good against clemson.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Number 1 offensive tackle. Eugene Monroe, Andre Smith, Michael Oher...whoever. Sorry Sam Baker. I dont see anyone else to pick at number 1 overall. MAYBE a freak DE.
Well the reason i asked is because in the forum mock, i had the falcons pick and they had the #1 overall. I took a freak DE, (Michael Johnson). I dont see Jaamal Anderson doing anything any time soon and DE is a very important position.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-01-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Well the reason i asked is because in the forum mock, i had the falcons pick and they had the #1 overall. I took a freak DE, (Michael Johnson). I dont see Jaamal Anderson doing anything any time soon and DE is a very important position.
Yeah its a fine pick. You can never have too many good defensive ends.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Yeah its a fine pick. You can never have too many good defensive ends.
Yea true, just ask the giants. IDK if i see anything in jaamal and hopefully MJ produces this year so he can be a #1 pick because he has the tools.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-01-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Yeah. He looks like a legit pass rusher and even if he is weak against the run, it would be nice to see a guy bring the heat on the opposing QB.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we're selecting #1 overall...gah that sucks...no one merits #1 right now, except there are a couple of guys I'd target just to trade after we picked them. There's no way Tebow and Stafford aren't tradeable. If we HAVE to pick a guy to keep here, I don't know wtf I'd want. I want a DT because you guys all hate Anderson, but you'll all be cooking some crow up by week 6 of the season when Anderson is ripping people. His hand violence is WAY up...from non existent (even with a sack in the first preseason game) to pretty impressive in week 4 against Baltimore. He's going to get sacks, and plenty of pressure. Him being 'slow' is BS, watch him line up at DT against the Ravens and get locked up, then run around his partner at DE, around the tackle, guard, and get the QB on the move.

Watch Jam beat the double team and force the throw that lead to an INT by Decoud. So, I'm not going DE, even though I really love Michael Johnson as a prospect, he's a friggin stud and I think he'd be great to come in behind Abe and give us an insane rotation. (I like Bierman too though)

I guess I'd have to look at a LT prospect, but Baker is just fine, and actually going to be an excellent LT (short arms and all) but I'd end up playing Oher or someone at RT. Baker is our LT.

WR playmakers make me want to go that way, but I like our WR corps. We'll likely need one because I doubt we get to resign everyone. So we could be looking there.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:31 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Getting the #1 pick would be a nightmare.

If it were me, I'd trade down, for minimal compensation if necessary, with whoever wanted to take Matt Stafford...

I am desperately hoping that we can push ourselves at least outside the top 5 picks. #10 would be fine. A win against the Lions would be a great start.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:34 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's just about impossible to move from one to ten. One to five is hard to do.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:13 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to see us go after Brandon Pettigrew if he was to drop till the 2nd round. He seems to be the best combo of blocker and receiver from what I've seen.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I dont believe we will have a top 5 pick. I think we will get a pick that we can select our DT and it wont be a reach, well that's what i hope. There is really no other position thats even close of a need other than DL, especially DT.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 09-03-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:26 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know he is only a sophmore, but we need to get Terrence Cody (Alabama nose tackle) when he comes out. He is Grady v. 2.0. He was like 420 (yes, 420) in junior college but is down to like 350 I believe. He wrecked Clemson's running game and has demanded double teams in his first two collegiate games. Of course, he isn't on the field as much as possible due to his size, and he is not an amazing pass rusher. But he is a Grady clone as far as his size, power, and runstuffing abilitys are concerned.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:14 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

An absolutely sensational draft, in my view, would be:

1. William Moore FS (Coleman to SS, we'll have a fantastic S pairing. Maybe Milloy will stick around as a coach...)
2. Alex Boone RT (also great depth for the first year while he learns)
3. B.J. Raji NT (great rotation with Grady until he takes over full time)
4. Eric Wood C (someone to groom behind McClure)
Old 09-12-2008, 09:22 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I'd really like to get (at this point) assuming picking 20th overall

1.) Phil Loadholt
2.) Victor Harris
3.) Rashad Johnson
Old 09-12-2008, 09:31 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I know he is only a sophmore, but we need to get Terrence Cody (Alabama nose tackle) when he comes out. He is Grady v. 2.0. He was like 420 (yes, 420) in junior college but is down to like 350 I believe. He wrecked Clemson's running game and has demanded double teams in his first two collegiate games. Of course, he isn't on the field as much as possible due to his size, and he is not an amazing pass rusher. But he is a Grady clone as far as his size, power, and runstuffing abilitys are concerned.
420lbs, my God! That would be so cool. Imagine like a 6"8 420lb NT. Kinda like you kept Gradys Proportions but made him 6inches taller.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I'd really like to get (at this point) assuming picking 20th overall

1.) Phil Loadholt
2.) Victor Harris
3.) Rashad Johnson
20th? That's pretty optimistic, but hey, anything's possible.

Not interested in Loadholt. Character questions, which is a major turnoff. He'd be a fantastic mauling RT, sure, but someone that massive with motivational issues is a bit of a red flag.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assuming we pick say 10th, After game one id like to see...

1) Malcom Jenkins- big 6'1 202, would be great in cover two and a solid M2M guy.

2)This one is tough simply b/c its so early so I will list several options..

a)Vince Oghobaase- 6'6 310, great player, very smart high character guy

b) Chase Coffman- One helleva Tight End, more of the receiving type but has a large enough frame to be coached into a blocker. Ryan need a go to TE

c) Brian Robiskie- Nice big target, not crazy speed or Calvin like size but a solid player

d) Nic Harris- 6'3 225, anchors the OU defense, great tackler, will start day 1

3)
Max Unger- Do it all lineman, prolly take him as a center but could play some guard as well.
dunagan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
420lbs, my God! That would be so cool. Imagine like a 6"8 420lb NT. Kinda like you kept Gradys Proportions but made him 6inches taller.
He is 6'5" 360. Pretty damn big. Grady is 6'2" 345 for comparisons sake.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

If Grady is 345 then I am 300 lbs (i am not.)

Anyway. I hope to pick around 8-10, and I think that is plausible. At that spot we can take a whichever defensive tackle rises to that spot, Malcolm Jenkins if he drops, and William Moore. All picks would be great for our defense.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey was sup guys....I havent been on here for so long I doubt if anybody remembers me but I still think we need to upgrade our O-Line just like everybody else I have been very suprise by the play of Sam Baker but I still think our O-Line can be better...So if it came down to picking a franchise O-Lineman or a franchise D-Lineman I would have to choose the O-Lineman because you have to have guys back there who can protect your franchise QB.
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I like Duke Robinson for our OL, put him over in the RG spot unless Dahl just balls out. But my top spot is Safety. I've wanted one for a long time and I think this is the year to get one. I'm betting Mays is going to end up with a top 10 value at the end of the combine, so here's hoping that we're picking high enough to get him. If not, I really like Chancellor as well. Either one of those guys would be great at our FS spot and I think it would change our entire defense. Coleman moves over to Strong, unless Decoud starts ballin out, but I want an ELITE Safety out there.

Everyone sees what a difference a Troy Polamalu / Ed Reed / Bob Sanders makes to a defense. I know there aren't many of those guys out there, but I feel like this year there are 2 or 3 players that could be that caliber in not much time. Plus I want an OLB to replace Brooking if we're not sold on Nicholas (who I really like) DT obviously is a concern, but there are a couple of good guys coming out this year that could be impact players for us.

But I wanna see where we end up picking...we could very likely be 2-1 at the end of this week, and 3-5 after the rough part of our schedule, but I still think we'll finish 8-8 which is going to be picking 14-18 range, but if we sneak in a 9th win it could bump us all the way to 20...