Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 09-01-2008, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Patriots sign two-time pro bowler Deltha O'Neal

Quote:
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots signed two-time Pro Bowl cornerback Deltha O'Neal on Monday, two days after they released exhibition-season starter Fernando Bryant.

O'Neal spent the last four seasons with Cincinnati after playing his first four with Denver. He had 31 interceptions for three touchdowns in 116 games, including 75 starts. He also scored one touchdown on a kickoff return and two on punt returns.

The Bengals released him on Saturday when teams had to reduce their rosters to the regular-season limit of 53 players. Bryant's release had left the Patriots with two rookies among their top four cornerbacks.

They also claimed two players off waivers - tight end Jason Pociask from the New York Jets and offensive tackle Mark LeVoir from the St. Louis Rams. They released tight end Stephen Spach and signed offensive lineman Jacob Bender and tight end Tyson DeVree to the practice squad.

I am excited about this signing as he is definitly better and a big upgrade over Fernando Bryant. This leave us with two rookies in our top 4 CBs.

#MoncriefArmy

Last edited by Wootylicous : 09-01-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes I like this move, hopefully this proves to a bigger signing than the stopgap CB signings of late like Bryant and Tory James who did nothing.

Chad Jackson was also cut. Words cannot express my dissappoinment.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Chad Jackson was also cut. Words cannot express my dissappoinment.
I am in the same position, I can't believe they cut him after only two seasons, one of which he was injured. BJGE and vince redd were signed to the practice squad
Bigburt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigburt63 View Post
I am in the same position, I can't believe they cut him after only two seasons, one of which he was injured. BJGE and vince redd were signed to the practice squad
I am THRILLED we got BJGE and Redd on the PS. You know I am a big Green-Ellis fan and Redd has tons of ability so I am pumped about that. Losing Jackson sucks because he is so gifted and it looked like this could have been his year with Stallworth gone, but he did nothing in preseason games and probably wound up in Belichick's doghouse again. To lose a guy we invested so much in who is so young and so talented sucks, but he just never seemed to get it.

Feed Moncrief
Old 09-03-2008, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

I'm real interested in seeing what you guys can do with Deltha. If you can get by with what others call "marginal talent" than I have no doubt you can turn this guy into a turnover machine.

Also, Would you consider Chad Jackson the biggest draft bust of Belichick's era?
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Also, Would you consider Chad Jackson the biggest draft bust of Belichick's era?
Without question. Marquise Hill and Bethel Johnson were huge second round disappointments, but Jackson had the highest expectations out of any of those guys mainly because we traded up so far to get him. Jackson had great workouts leading up to the draft and fell farther than most thought he would on draft day. It was a possibility that we would've taken him in the first round, but he fell to the second and we traded up about 15-20 spots to get him. Everyone was thrilled to get him and he showed some flashes his rookie year but other that that he did nothing last year or this preseason.

Feed Moncrief
Old 09-04-2008, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well keep in my mind he's had some pretty unfortunate injuries his first two years. But its just unfortunate that were so stacked at wr that there really isnt any room for him i guess. Oh and just to add, Lynch is gonna return second week......hoefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote