Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 08-30-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Final Cuts thread

Still trying to find it. I hope Bumpus makes the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BAM:
The Seattle Seahawks placed two players on injured reserve, terminated two veteran contracts and waived 16 others Saturday to reach the 53-player roster limit.
Placed on Injured Reserve: WR Ben Obomanu and DT Chris Cooper.

Terminated Veteran Contacts: WR Bryan Gilmore and DT Larry Tripplett.

Waived: DB Jamar Adams, QB Dalton Bell, DT Kevin Brown, WR Michael Bumpus, C Ben Claxton, DB Marquis Floyd, P Reggie Hodges, DB Kelin Johnson, C Nick Jones, FB David Kirtman, G Pat Murray, TE Joe Newton, LB Dallas Sartz, WR Trent Shelton, DE Nu’u Tafisi and T Kyle Williams.

Why'd we cut Bumpus?

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:14 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that they wanted to use Payne out of the slot, and they didn't think that Bumpus was ready or something. I think that they'll sign him to their practice squad, along with Jamar Adams.

The rest of the guys I'm not so sure on.

I'm confused why we kept two kickers? And who is going to take care of the field goals?

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Think they will bring back Ball for the practice squad at QB or look elsewhere.

Quote:

Old 09-01-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't know...I saw that Bumpus was signed to the practice squad. I really don't know what to expect out of Bell as he only got in for what? One quarter?

They will probably look somewhere else I think.

The only person I heard that got signed for sure was Bumpus...I'll look for the list of the people on the practice squad.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Found the list on the seahawks official site. They only signed 7 players at the moment, it says they will sign the 8th at a later date.

Heres the list:
S - Jamar Adams
DT - Kevin Brown
WR - Michael Bumpus
CB - Marquis Floyd
T - Samuel Gutekunst
G - Pat Murray
TE - Joe Newton
T - Kyle Williams

Gutekunst does not count against the limit because he is on the NFL Exchange program or something like that. So they'll be able to have nine players on their practice squad.

Last edited by summond822 : 09-01-2008 at 07:42 PM. Reason: side note
Old 09-03-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

see any making a future impact?

Quote:

Old 09-04-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Adams maybe...wasn't he projected to be an early second day pick by some boards?

Bumpus...maybe...we'll have to see next year how much he's improved.

Then Murray and Newton...I doubt they'll make an impact down the road, but you never know...

I heard that as soon as Babineux and Bernard come back from their suspensions they plan on cutting Coutu and signing him to the practice squad. Kinda makes me wonder whether he's going to be the solution at the kicking position down the road. I wanted him to win the competition, but if Mare has a stronger leg then so be it. He's (Mare) is going to be handling all of the kicking duties in the first game. I think that we've seen the end of the platoon at kicking.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:15 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

I like Coutu, but I have to agree. But maybe learning from Mare will be best for him.

Quote:

Old 09-06-2008, 11:11 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

You really can't teach leg strength though. Mare just has longer kickoffs. Some people can just kick it farther than others. Coutu (and Brown now that I think about it) don't kick it deep enough on kickoffs. They allow returners to bring it out of the endzone easily. This leads to them actually having to know how to tackle. Mare's kickoffs are deeper and they have to take the touchback. Much better field position 90% of the time.

I'm really disappointed that Coutu failed to win still. He may learn from Mare, but I don't think that it will do him much good. Unless Mare leaves I don't see Coutu unseating him based on the kickoff part of it.