Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-21-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
downthealley
Rookie

downthealley hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yes, tennis is way more of a mental and skill game then an athletic game. Most of the best guys on my high school team aren't physically talented. It doesn't matter how strong or fast you are if you can't choose the right shot to use. The problem with most beginners is that they use the overhead extensively, because its a natural reaction. My biggest problem in tennis is using the wrong shot.
downthealley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:50 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about Jo-Wilfried Tsonga beating Nadal in straight sets?! I guess Murray losing to him doesn't look so bad now.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:28 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
How about Jo-Wilfried Tsonga beating Nadal in straight sets?! I guess Murray losing to him doesn't look so bad now.
Tsonga has been pretty good so far. I've known about him since last years Australian Open but never really thought that he would be able to make the Final this early in his career.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Exactly, I thought he looked good when he retired Tim Henman, but it's a surprise to see him in the final as you say.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maria Sharapova is playing the best tennis of her career in this tournament. I hope she keeps rolling.

This Tsonga guy looks like a future top 5 player. He might acctually get there by season's end, if he keeps playing like this.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love watching tennis. People who can't appreciate tennis have probably never played competitive tennis before.

I'm somewhat disappointed Nadal lost. Credit to Tsonga, but I was really shooting for a Nadal vs. Federer/Djokavic Aussie final. Also, while Federer hasn't lost, he has definitely lost his edge. I've watched 3 of his matches so far against Tipsarevic, Berdych, and Blake, and he has really looked beatable. He's making a lot more unforced errors than usual.

In my opinion, it's only a matter of time before Djokavic takes over (yes, over Nadal).

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
holtfan92
Veteran

holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Maria Sharapova is playing the best tennis of her career in this tournament. I hope she keeps rolling.

This Tsonga guy looks like a future top 5 player. He might acctually get there by season's end, if he keeps playing like this.

Yea, I agree Sharapova has been dominating everyone. She hasn't lost a set in 6 straight matches. I hope she wins the open.

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI
holtfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
I love watching tennis. People who can't appreciate tennis have probably never played competitive tennis before.
I'm not so sure, i played pretty decent tennis till i was about 14 than got over it and quit (couldn't handle my coach, total ass). these days i don't even watch it, guess i'm just burnt out from it completely.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Federer loses in straight sets, wow who would have predicted a Tsonga - Djokovic final?

Old 01-25-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOW, just wow.

Federer doesn't lose in a non-French Open tournament.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In straight sets, really?

And television ratings are to hit an all-time low for the Aussie Finals...

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Federer loses in straight sets, wow who would have predicted a Tsonga - Djokovic final?
I did... Before the tournament had even begun.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Sharapova wins the Aussie Open in straight sets. She never lost a single set throughout the tournament.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Sharapova wins the Aussie Open in straight sets. She never lost a single set throughout the tournament.
Her constant grunting really annoys me so I turned it off before the first set was over.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations Djokavic. Anyone who can beat FEderer in a grandslam deserves to be the champion lol. I've been following most of the Aussie Open tho and I noticed Federer just wasn't playing very well (compared to his standards anyway). I'm curious... is it because of his illness and inability to warm up for the event, or is his age already catching up to him? He made a lot more unforced errors (especially with his usually invincible forehand).

I somewhat wish Tsonga didn't upset Nadal. A Nadal/Djokavic grandslam would've been more exciting imo. I expect Tsonga to be in the top 10 by year's end, but I don't ever see him being a top 5 player. HE has a lot of holes in his game. Djokavic's GS win tho really spices up the rivalry between the top 3, as he's considered the "classless" one of the bunch.

I'm interested to see how much Djokavic has gotten better, and if he'll be able to test Nadal on clay (probably not tho)

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Murray has beaten Nadal in the first set in the US Open semi, would be a huge win for Murray if he managed to defeat Nadal.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Murray goes up 2-0...

Old 09-06-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have also been "watching" murray work nadal via the US Open website.

It seems pretty amazing. I have developed into a Murray fan and i have never really liked nadal.

Federer and Murray in the finals would be great to watch & hard to chooseone to root for.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Murray goes up 2-0...
... but probably not hard for you to choose one to root for.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
... but probably not hard for you to choose one to root for.
Actually, a lot of english folk don't lik Murray because he is Scottish, and also he criticised the England soccer team, but yeah, I want Murray to win :)

Old 09-06-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

He seems to be more "firey" than your typical British tennis players.. Could that be the Scot in him?

Hennman had no emotion or life in his game. I think that may have hurt him, at least with the non-Brit fans.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
He seems to be more "firey" than your typical British tennis players.. Could that be the Scot in him?

Hennman had no emotion or life in his game. I think that may have hurt him, at least with the non-Brit fans.
Could be. Henman was a moron, couldn't stand the guy with his crappy fist pumps, lol.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

Are you watching it live?

They haven't updated the website recently... rain delay?
Old 09-06-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Yeah rain delay. Flicking between it and the OSU game.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

I think that its all about a players personality.

I can't stand Andy Roddick because he's such a baby and i always root against him.

Unfortunately Djokovic has come across as a dink during this US Open. I've liked him over the last couple of years, but my interest in him and willingness to root for him is fading for sure.

One of the reasons i dig Federer so much is his constant classiness and professionalism. I really hope that we aren't starting to see his decline. That would make me sad.