Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-06-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it is so much Fed's decline as it is Nadal's emergence. I'd still back Federer against anyone barring Rafa.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know UK.

Andreev nearly took Fed out, outplaying him for much of the game. Andreev is a good, ranked player, but he's certainly not elite.

A couple of years ago, Rog wouldn't even break a sweat in matches like that.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe the rest of the tennis world is just catching him, IDK, to me he still looks quality, still plays all the good shots etc. Maybe his coaching split messed him up a bit too.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.

Yay a tennis thread.

It's both Nadal's emergence and Fed's decline. Roger took a big hit mentally when he was defeated by Nadal at wimbledon.

Looks like Nadal ran out of fuel, still he had a fantastic run, MC, Hamburg, FO, Queens, Wimbledon, Toronto, Beijing, reached semis in USO.

Djokovic does fake injuries, takes too much time during serves, and use dirty little tricks, so I'm glad he lost. Murray's on court behavior isn't exactly gentleman like either. I am actually rooting for Federer this time.

As for young guys, if Gasquet can stop being a mental midget, then I would root for him every match.

And there looks to be no young American players capable of going into the top ten, Blake is pretty much done, and Roddick probably blew his last shot at a slam.
Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
It's called Auto Fellatio!
Gatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

What happened to the young US guy, Young was it?

Old 09-06-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.

He took Blake to five but ended up losing to him.
He doesn't have the game to go into the top ten though. Neither does Isner and I don't think Fish can be consistently good.
(maybe Querrey has a shot)

Anyways, I am still going with Federer against Murray, despite his decline. Biggest change in his game is his forehand, which is not as fast and not as consistent. Really depends on whether Federer is patient.
He lost to Simon because he was impatient of long rallies, Karlovic because of his serve, but Murray doesn't have a huge serve and I don't think Federer would have any trouble being patient, that being the slam final and not the 1st round of a MS match.

Federer really had an easy draw so far but I don't think Murray is ready to win a slam yet. You don't know which Murray will show up.

Sometimes he can get too defensive and he lets his emotions affect him too much. Llodra had a good chance of taking him out had he played smarter and taken him to five.

This is all assuming Nadal doesn't pull of an amazing comeback though.
Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
Quote:
Old 09-06-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that Federer's decline is actually more mental than physical. He's still all over the court and can run almost any shot down. He's just not making the same shots that he used to. What was once a routine forehand winner is now going wide or long.

I hope that he slows this decline down. He truly is a great tennis champion on and off the court.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

What would do a lot for Federer, mentally, is if somehow Nadal reaches the finals and Federer defeats him. As long as he wins the slam he would get a confidence boost, but if he does it against Nadal, it would be sweeter. Although I don't doubt that Federer would rather face Murray at this point.

They called the match so Nadal-Murray will be played (finished) tomorrow, and finals on Monday at 5 pm. This gives Federer a huge edge, especially if Nadal somehow makes the match go to five sets. Either guy would be exhausted while Federer would be rested.
Quote:
Old 09-07-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Murray beats Nadal, wow!

Old 09-07-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woah I'm still getting over the fact that Murray pulled through. I m not his greatest fan by any means but that was a class win and I hope he can pull out another performance like that in the final.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Federer is on the way down IMO. A year or two ago, that matchup with Nadal at Wimbledon he would've pulled through, uncharacteristically made so many unforced errors in the final set. He's not playing with the same swagger and doesn't have that same persona and aura he had a year ago. It's like he lost that special something. He'll still be good, but not as dominant as he was over the past 5-6 years. Very hard to keep up what he did only like Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods have been able to dominate a sport like he did and a few more i might have missed. Watching him during those years was so spectacular.

O and Tim Henman too bad he played during the Sampras and Agassi years, he was good but never would've topped either of them in a slam final.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Henman would've won one or two wimbledons had they not slowed the grass down after 2001.
Quote:
Old 09-07-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Murray beats Nadal, wow!
Hooray!!!

I don't hate Nadal by any means, but he is really one of my least favorite tennis players.

I think that it is the crazy size difference between his left and right arms. That drives me nuts. And the constant groaning. And him always pulling his underwear out of his buttcrack.

Maybe i am focusing on the non-athletic piece of it....

Anyway, i think that it is going to be a great match tomorrow. At least i hope so... I'm just glad that it is early enough that i can watch most of it before the Vikings - Packers game. DVR Rules!!
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So happy Federer won, he's still a force to be reckoned with and probably win 2 majors a year for the next 3 or 4 years. Too bad we didn't see him beat that little squirmy punk Nadal, but a title is a title. I mean people talk about such a bad an off year, he got to the semi's in the Australian, was runner up at the French and Wimbledon, and won the US Open, doesn't sound like that bad of a year to me.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
So happy Federer won, he's still a force to be reckoned with and probably win 2 majors a year for the next 3 or 4 years. Too bad we didn't see him beat that little squirmy punk Nadal, but a title is a title. I mean people talk about such a bad an off year, he got to the semi's in the Australian, was runner up at the French and Wimbledon, and won the US Open, doesn't sound like that bad of a year to me.
Good to see another Nadal hater.

Federer needs to take an extended absence or something. He is still physically fine (well he supposedly had mono) but something isn't clicking.

He should have beaten Nadal at Wimbledon.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post

Well clearly an off year for Federer is completely different than an off year for any other player.

Imagine if Tiger only won one major next year, it would be huge news.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Yes, but tennis players have a much shorter span to win slams. I can see Federer winning a couple more slams, but I can't see him dominating again like he did in past 4 years. He should be able to get two more though, to break Pete's record.
Quote:
Old 01-28-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time to bring this bad boy back

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:24 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone watching the Nadal/Federer match?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:30 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Nadal.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:17 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hate Nadal.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:55 AM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Another epic final.

Gotta hand it to Nadal though, after playing in an incredible five-setter the other day against Verdasco he goes and does it all over again against Fed.

Incredible.
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:57 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I hate Nadal.
QFT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I really hate Nadal.
QFT

Oh well Wimbeldon will be epic this year. Unfortunately French Open they might as well already give the trophy to Nadal.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really like Nadal either, but it's more because I like watching Roger Federer a lot more. But man, Nadal had some amazing points last night.

It's pretty funny though, I really think that Federer (while I think he's slowly on the decline) is the only formidable opponent for Nadal. Andy Murray can challenge both guys, but I'm not sure if he'll ever reach their level. Roddick? Yeah, right. Del Potro should be interesting to watch come US Open, I think. I'm not feeling Djokovic either though he can sneak into a final anytime.

I feel for Federer though. He's still an elite player, just trying to close in on a record he's been annointed with the past few years. Now it's looking more difficult each Slam that he can do it.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
I'm not so sure, i played pretty decent tennis till i was about 14 than got over it and quit (couldn't handle my coach, total ass). these days i don't even watch it, guess i'm just burnt out from it completely.
That's my deal, I loved watching Agassi play as a kid and played a lot of racket related sports through high school, tennis, badminton and racquetball, but then I got enough of tennis and don't play anymore, the fact that my second serve percentage was worse than my first serve percentage took a lot of the joy out of playing and I quit before I fixed that problem although I did develop my backhand into a weapon before quitting.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote