Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 09-07-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Here's what I learned about the team after week one.

-Chad Henne needs to be as good as advertised. Chad Pennington is nothing more then another Culpepper, Trent Green, Gus Frerotte or Joey Harrington. He's another team's garbage. He's lucky to make it thru the year and is likely gone after the season. Henne needs to grow up in a hurry and be our anwser at QB. We can't keep recycling another teams garbage and hoping we suddenly strike gold. Pennington is a halfway decent spotgap. I'm convinced he was signed to teach Henne the ropes more then he was for his ability on the field.

-Our WRs suck. Bess is a keeper as a KR and slot guy. That's it. Camarillo is garbage, Hagan is garbage, and Wilford couldn't even be them out for PT.

-Ted Ginn is infuriating. When we drafted him, Bow touted him for his ability to be a decoy, his versatility on reverses, his kick return ability and things of that nature. I don't think I've ever seen Ginn gain yards on a reserve, he gets dropped instantly. His biggest contribution on reverses was getting Trent Green another concussion. He isn't a decoy of any type. Teams cover him with ease. And more importantly, If he lets another damn punt bounce before he catches it, I will kill him. He never, ever fields punts and tries to run it back. He had at least 2-3 punts today that he let bounce literally 5 yards in front of his face.

-Our OL needs work. Jake Long got beat more then often althought it's not entirely fair to put it all on him. Ricky did nothing on the ground and after halftime the Jets were blitzing 3 guys at Long regularly because they knew it was gonna be a pass. Jake will be a good NFL player but he's gonna struggle this season if he doesn't get some help from the rest of the offensive.

-Anthony Fasano is the steal of the year. He's worth way more then the 4th rounder we gave up for him.

-Ricky looks slow and weak. No explosion, no moves, and runs into contact. He looked horrible.

-Even with the injury, Ronnie is still our best offensive player. He didn't get the ball much but he looked great when he did get it. As he gets healthier and get the ball more, he will faze out Ricky and get all the carries. What a stud this guy is gonna be when he gets right.

-Will Allen is our only DB that's worth a damn. Yeremiah Bell can't cover, Chris Crocker can't tackle and Andre Goodman can't do either. We need to spend some high picks on this area next draft.

-Our rush defense was horrible. Ayodele was always a step to slow to make the tackle and as much as I hate to say it, I'm not sure Crowder is a great fit for this 3-4 defense. He makes plenty of tackles but they are usually run and chase type tackles, he doesn't come up in the middle the meet the RB head on the way a 3-4 MLB should. Ferguson was holding his own but our DE's and Roth were having to come make the tackle because Crowder and Ayodele couldn't. Way too much yardage on the ground.

-Our DL is gonna be real good in a hurry. Merling and Langford are flat out studs. Give them a year to learn, they are the future. Soliai actually looked halfway decent. Maybe he becomes and serviceable backup after all? Randy Starks needs to wrap up better but he was overwhelming the RT pretty regularly thru out the game.

-Matt Roth is the truth at OLB. He was hanging with TEs, he was getting to the QB and he was generally in the thick of the action.

-Our defense looked good outside two really bad passes they gave up (both the TD passes) We need help at CB, Safety, MLB and a pure pass rushing OLB if we want to be elite but we are certainly above average on D now and have the potential to be pretty good.

-Chad Pennington is supposed to be smart, throw the damn ball away before taking yet another sack. He was getting hit alot but there was at least 2 sacks he could have avoided if he would have thrown the ball away if he would have throw the ball instead of holding it for an hour.

-Our St coverage units are much improved. We even got a piece of a punt. Our Punter is maddeningly inconsistent. One punt is a boomer that looks outstanding. The next is a line drive that doesn't let our coverage get down field, the next is a 9 yard shank. Then he repeats the cycle. He needs to get his act together.

-Same problem with our kicker. One kick be booms into the back of the endzone, the next he floats a short one to the 15 yard line and the next is a nasty one out of bounds. Both our kickers have big legs but cant put it together consistently. Hopefully they work out those kinks with as they get more experience.

-Outside of the 1 sack, I didn't notice Joey Porter at all and Vonnie Holliday was no where to be found. They are supposed to be our leaders. I get a feeling they are the next guys not hand picked by the Trifecta to get cut next offseason. I'm sure they, along with Ricky will get dealt for drafts picks.

-Finally, why on earth are we throwing jump balls in the back of the endzone with 5 seconds left to our smallest WR (Ginn) who is being covered by their best CB (Revis)? Throw jump balls to the damn 6'4 TE morons, not the 5'11 WR.

Last edited by Joeyjr09 : 09-07-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:11 AM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

BigBlueCrew56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Here's what I learned about the team after week one.

-Chad Henne needs to be as good as advertised. Chad Pennington is nothing more then another Culpepper, Trent Green, Gus Frerotte or Joey Harrington. He's another team's garbage. He's lucky to make it thru the year and is likely gone after the season. Henne needs to grow up in a hurry and be our anwser at QB. We can't keep recycling another teams garbage and hoping we suddenly strike gold. Pennington is a halfway decent spotgap. I'm convinced he was signed to teach Henne the ropes more then he was for his ability on the field.

-Our WRs suck. Bess is a keeper as a KR and slot guy. That's it. Camarillo is garbage, Hagan is garbage, and Wilford couldn't even be them out for PT.

-Ted Ginn is infuriating. When we drafted him, Bow touted him for his ability to be a decoy, his versatility on reverses, his kick return ability and things of that nature. I don't think I've ever seen Ginn gain yards on a reserve, he gets dropped instantly. His biggest contribution on reverses was getting Trent Green another concussion. He isn't a decoy of any type. Teams cover him with ease. And more importantly, If he lets another damn punt bounce before he catches it, I will kill him. He never, ever fields punts and tries to run it back. He had at least 2-3 punts today that he let bounce literally 5 yards in front of his face.

-Our OL needs work. Jake Long got beat more then often althought it's not entirely fair to put it all on him. Ricky did nothing on the ground and after halftime the Jets were blitzing 3 guys at Long regularly because they knew it was gonna be a pass. Jake will be a good NFL player but he's gonna struggle this season if he doesn't get some help from the rest of the offensive.

-Anthony Fasano is the steal of the year. He's worth way more then the 4th rounder we gave up for him.

-Ricky looks slow and weak. No explosion, no moves, and runs into contact. He looked horrible.

-Even with the injury, Ronnie is still our best offensive player. He didn't get the ball much but he looked great when he did get it. As he gets healthier and get the ball more, he will faze out Ricky and get all the carries. What a stud this guy is gonna be when he gets right.

-Will Allen is our only DB that's worth a damn. Yeremiah Bell can't cover, Chris Crocker can't tackle and Andre Goodman can't do either. We need to spend some high picks on this area next draft.

-Our rush defense was horrible. Ayodele was always a step to slow to make the tackle and as much as I hate to say it, I'm not sure Crowder is a great fit for this 3-4 defense. He makes plenty of tackles but they are usually run and chase type tackles, he doesn't come up in the middle the meet the RB head on the way a 3-4 MLB should. Ferguson was holding his own but our DE's and Roth were having to come make the tackle because Crowder and Ayodele couldn't. Way too much yardage on the ground.

-Our DL is gonna be real good in a hurry. Merling and Langford are flat out studs. Give them a year to learn, they are the future. Soliai actually looked halfway decent. Maybe he becomes and serviceable backup after all? Randy Starks needs to wrap up better but he was overwhelming the RT pretty regularly thru out the game.

-Matt Roth is the truth at OLB. He was hanging with TEs, he was getting to the QB and he was generally in the thick of the action.

-Our defense looked good outside two really bad passes they gave up (both the TD passes) We need help at CB, Safety, MLB and a pure pass rushing OLB if we want to be elite but we are certainly above average on D now and have the potential to be pretty good.

-Chad Pennington is supposed to be smart, throw the damn ball away before taking yet another sack. He was getting hit alot but there was at least 2 sacks he could have avoided if he would have thrown the ball away if he would have throw the ball instead of holding it for an hour.

-Our St coverage units are much improved. We even got a piece of a punt. Our Punter is maddeningly inconsistent. One punt is a boomer that looks outstanding. The next is a line drive that doesn't let our coverage get down field, the next is a 9 yard shank. Then he repeats the cycle. He needs to get his act together.

-Same problem with our kicker. One kick be booms into the back of the endzone, the next he floats a short one to the 15 yard line and the next is a nasty one out of bounds. Both our kickers have big legs but cant put it together consistently. Hopefully they work out those kinks with as they get more experience.

-Outside of the 1 sack, I didn't notice Joey Porter at all and Vonnie Holliday was no where to be found. They are supposed to be our leaders. I get a feeling they are the next guys not hand picked by the Trifecta to get cut next offseason. I'm sure they, along with Ricky will get dealt for drafts picks.

-Finally, why on earth are we throwing jump balls in the back of the endzone with 5 seconds left to our smallest WR (Ginn) who is being covered by their best CB (Revis)? Throw jump balls to the damn 6'4 TE morons, not the 5'11 WR.

Where's my apology HAHAHAHAHA jus playin
BigBlueCrew56 is offline   Reply With Quote