Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-29-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Get the Al Davis created this league bullcrap out of this thread and tell it to people who believe that. Davis had a hand in the NFL, JUST LIKE OTHER OWNERS OF THE TIME.
To Ward: Was that response necessary? I think Al Davis is as bad as Jerry. You seemingly disagree. That is fine but I would leave it at that "Mr Moderator." PS, Moderator comes from the word "Moderate," try adhereing to it.

To Poet: Yes, I dislike him and I do think Al Davis is 10x the owner and contributor that Jerry is. Al Davis is a football man and Jerry is not. Al played a very important role in creating this league. Just like Joe Namath, Hunt and a few others from the AFL days.

Great news on MS. Thanks for the update guys. Have a great evening.
Perhaps at one point Al Davis was a credible football guy. I don't deny that. However, the fact that the Raiders are the worst team in the NFL by a large margin with no end in sight really errodes any credibility he has.

The Cowboys under Jerry Jones have been everything from Great to Good to Average to Below average. They haven't been the laughing stock of the NFL like the Raiders.

History has it's place, but you cannot discount the relevance of the more recent history over that of the distant history. The game has passed Al Davis by. His FA strategies, his offensive strategies and his coaching hires are pretty clear in that regard.
LSU, recent History has Al in the Super Bowl and winning playoff games. Not Jerry.

Going forward into 2007 -- yeah, Jerry has a better shot of figuring it out than Al. Al looks really really bad and just does not seem to have the energy to get it done. I would even bet he may have some mental health issues. He just looks horrible.

Hope Jerry gives Wade, Singletary and Garrett the wheels soon. This would be my dream team for 2007.
Keep dreaming...We don't get Singletary without Norv.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everything is going according to my master plan... :twisted: Mwuahahaha....
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Craigo
Rookie

Craigo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigo
If Turner goes to Dallas, I will despise all of you.
To reiterate this, based on this new information.

a) If you take Singletary, I will hate you all
b) If you take Turner, I will DESPISE you all
c) If you somehow take them both, I will personally kick Jerry Jones in the junk. Multiple times.

STAY AWAY FROM OUR COACHES!

Thanks jkpigskin!
Craigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:24 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99

Also, I think everyone is way overestimating how high Nelson is going to go on this board. I do not think he'll be in the top 25. Landry goes top 10 but the next safety off the board may not go till mid 20's.
Even if Nelson will be gone before we pick, I think that selecting Griffin at #22 is not a reach at all. Griffin is one of my favorite players in this draft and we can pick OL help in round 2 and 3..
I have no doubt that we'll solve our RG problem via free agency.. There are too many god guys not to sign one.. If we sign a guard, resign Gurode and Colombo we just need to draft for depth on offense..
On defense our only need is a FS. Yes, the pass rush was a huge problem this year, but we have a lot of talent on the d-line and linebackers position, we just need good coaching..
About Watkins, I see his potential, but I don't think that the new HC will have any trust in him.. Jerry Jones has already shown that he wants a new FS, and I really don't believe that a new HC, looking at this season could be a supporter of Watkins.. We need a replacement for Woody, I don't think Watkins is the answer.. I've said that many times, if he was playing good in coverage why he came out in the nickel package? Nate Jones and Roy Williams were playing safety in the nickel..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:02 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

c) If you somehow take them both, I will personally kick Jerry Jones in the junk. Multiple times.

either way, go ahead and kick jerry in the nuts. but getting both coaches would be amazing for the cowboys. Jerry should go for both
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Did I miss something? How the hell did you get all those people to even care about Mike Singletary coming to the cowboys?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Turner as HC. I just don't see that leadership ability in him. He was being called out as a uninspiring and repetitive by some of his former players, and had little respect from the Redskins and the Raiders. Now, he did have a-holes for owners at both stops, but I still have my doubts of him as a HC. I will say, Troy and some of the other Cowboys from the 90's seem to really respect him and believe in him to be a great HC, so maybe will fare better here. But I don't know, I'm just a little skeptical.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:52 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Am I the only one who doesn't like Turner as HC. I just don't see that leadership ability in him. He was being called out as a uninspiring and repetitive by some of his former players, and had little respect from the Redskins and the Raiders. Now, he did have a-holes for owners at both stops, but I still have my doubts of him as a HC. I will say, Troy and some of the other Cowboys from the 90's seem to really respect him and believe in him to be a great HC, so maybe will fare better here. But I don't know, I'm just a little skeptical.
No, I believe there are several of us that don't want him as HC. He already failed twice at that position, why make it a third? I'm all in favor of bringing in Singletary as HC though.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:32 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

:twisted: Mwuahahaha!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 08:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griffin is more of a SS, I think if you guys want a FS that badly (which I disagree with), you would probably go after Merriweather since he fits the FS bill better than Griffin.

I like Griffin alot, and I think he'll be a great player, but he doesn't fit in your scheme, he's a SS.

But seriously, I said a million times already, a FS will not fix the issues of covering the TE. I'll leave it at that because I don't want to drag this convo out again.

More importantly, Pat Watkins did a good job last year. He was a rookie guys, rookies get beat. He really came on at the end of the year, and I think he'll do a fine job if given a chance. You can't throw in the towel on somebody who is as physically gifted as Watkins so quickly, especially when they were raw coming out and learning quickly. He'll be fine. Heck, Watkins is gifted enough to play both safety positions I think. He has the speed and wingspan to be a good ballhawk, he also has the tenacity and aggressive nature needed for a SS. He can cover the TE because he matches up length and wingspan wise very well with them. He also has the speed to matchup with the TE.

Come to think of it, if you guys didn't have Roy, it would work very well. Id move Pat to SS and get a FS. Pat I feel can do a better job in coverage as a SS than Roy, and Pat is no slouch against the run either. Remember, when he was starting he led the team in tackles, so obviously he is a good run stuffer. Yeah, he doesn't "hammer" anybody, but who the hell cares. I think if Roy continues to struggle, he should be designated LB rover in the nickel package, and benched in favor of Watkins at SS in the 3-4, thats if you guys nab a FS.

BP always says to unbias yourself and look at the performance and judge players based on performance, and not who they are. If you look at it that way, it wouldn't be that farfetched to do what I just proposed.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

listening to Talkin' Cowboys on DallasCowboys.com. Bill Jones and Mickey Spagnola are just assuming Singletary is being interviewed to satisy the Fritz Pollard Alliance. Not making it sound like he will be hired whatsoever.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
listening to Talkin' Cowboys on DallasCowboys.com. Bill Jones and Mickey Spagnola are just assuming Singletary is being interviewed to satisy the Fritz Pollard Alliance. Not making it sound like he will be hired whatsoever.
I thought by interviewing Bowles that this was covered.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod
Quote:
Many around the league were critical of the Bowles "interview" as not meeting the spirit of the Rooney rule. That being said I still believe there is more to this than a token interview. Jerry just didn't all of the sudden pull Mike Singletary's name from nowhere. You have to believe Norv wants him as the DC. Barring a complete block by the 49ers, I believe he is selling the DC job to him as we speak, but I guess all will be revealed in the next 24 hours or so as all reports point to Jerry naming his new coach before leaving for the Super Bowl on thursday.
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:58 AM    (permalink
dickson1187

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Griffin is more of a SS, I think if you guys want a FS that badly (which I disagree with), you would probably go after Merriweather since he fits the FS bill better than Griffin.

I like Griffin alot, and I think he'll be a great player, but he doesn't fit in your scheme, he's a SS.

But seriously, I said a million times already, a FS will not fix the issues of covering the TE. I'll leave it at that because I don't want to drag this convo out again.

More importantly, Pat Watkins did a good job last year. He was a rookie guys, rookies get beat. He really came on at the end of the year, and I think he'll do a fine job if given a chance. You can't throw in the towel on somebody who is as physically gifted as Watkins so quickly, especially when they were raw coming out and learning quickly. He'll be fine. Heck, Watkins is gifted enough to play both safety positions I think. He has the speed and wingspan to be a good ballhawk, he also has the tenacity and aggressive nature needed for a SS. He can cover the TE because he matches up length and wingspan wise very well with them. He also has the speed to matchup with the TE.

Come to think of it, if you guys didn't have Roy, it would work very well. Id move Pat to SS and get a FS. Pat I feel can do a better job in coverage as a SS than Roy, and Pat is no slouch against the run either. Remember, when he was starting he led the team in tackles, so obviously he is a good run stuffer. Yeah, he doesn't "hammer" anybody, but who the hell cares. I think if Roy continues to struggle, he should be designated LB rover in the nickel package, and benched in favor of Watkins at SS in the 3-4, thats if you guys nab a FS.

BP always says to unbias yourself and look at the performance and judge players based on performance, and not who they are. If you look at it that way, it wouldn't be that farfetched to do what I just proposed.
Wasn't someone banned for repeating this thought?

Not sure I agree but it has its merits. SS need to cover TEs and Roy has his problems with this.

Good post if controversial. Meriweather and Watkins as safeties would improve our coverage skills drastically.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
dickson1187

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod
Quote:
Many around the league were critical of the Bowles "interview" as not meeting the spirit of the Rooney rule. That being said I still believe there is more to this than a token interview. Jerry just didn't all of the sudden pull Mike Singletary's name from nowhere. You have to believe Norv wants him as the DC. Barring a complete block by the 49ers, I believe he is selling the DC job to him as we speak, but I guess all will be revealed in the next 24 hours or so as all reports point to Jerry naming his new coach before leaving for the Super Bowl on thursday.
A little more on this ..... Jerry is getting hammered for Bowles and Singeltary because ...

a) He ignored the spirit of Rooney Rule in the Parcells hiring and in fact went ahead with interviewing Dennis Green even AFTER he met Parcells. Why he did it is obvious.

b) Bowles is an Asst that NO ONE thought seriously of for the HC job. He might as well have interviewed every Black QC coach in the league to "check off the box."

c) He picks a guy in Singletary to interview for HC with a brand name, buzz and inflated title in SFO but fact is he was only a "green" LB coach whose next logical progression is DC.

d) Jerry has no blacks of mention in the organization. But he does have three children with jobs.

Tricky Tricky Jerry trying to get around league policies again and subverting a key goal of the league to increase participation of African Americans in management and coaching.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...C1AC76AFB25155
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc
Quote:
Most of the things I've read in the local papers says the buzz out of Valley Ranch is that Todd Bowles is going to be the DC. Doesn't excite me.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc
Quote:
Most of the things I've read in the local papers says the buzz out of Valley Ranch is that Todd Bowles is going to be the DC. Doesn't excite me.
I don't want Todd Bowles at all. It looks like going to be Nor Turner, which I don't think going to be any good. IMO We need Wade Phillips as HC and Singletary as DC and Jason Garrett as OC.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Griffin? No thank you.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

My Dream off-season would be:

FA: Sign Kris Dielman, OG, San Diego- Would sure up our LG position, is a pro-bowl quality guard, and could put Kosier as a solid backup, were he should be.

Draft: Round 1: Levi Brown, OT, Penn State: I absolute olve this kid, and after his dominance in the Senior Bowl I think he is just as good as Joe Thomas, if not better. He is a Mauler, but is a great pass blocker as well. Also has solid quickness for his size. Would be our left tackle of the future, and could sit and learn behind Flo for a year or two.

Round 2: Brandon Meriweather, FS/CB, Miami (FL): The best cover safety in the draft, some think he can play corner, so that pretty much assures his coverage skills. Is alittle lite but he can still lay the lumber. He is a top 15 talent but cause of some off-field issues he will drop. He will be one of the biggest steals of all time, mark my words.

OR

DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler, DT, NC State: He is a big, strong, dominant DT, although he inconsistant at times, but I still like him. I think he can be a great 3-4 NT. Can also sit under Ferg for a year or 2 and spell him right away.

Round 3: Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech: He may go before this, but I think it is possible he will be avaliable here. But anyway, this kid is a serious Mauler. He has the school record for bench press at 550 pounds. He will need alittle time to get used to a normal system and putting his hand on the ground because he was in Texas Tech's crazy offense, but that won't be a problem, he was fine in the senior Bowl. Ramirez, Dielman, and Brown, plus Culombo and Gurode would make this offensive line dominant, plus with our skill players, JUST IMAGINE OUR OFFENSE!!!!!!

So basically I want a dominat O-Line, a future dominant NT wouldn't hurt, or a good cover FS. We have the skill players, on both sides of the ball, now all we need is better line play. I think we have the pieces on defense, exept a future NT, but we need o-lineman.

What do you guys think?

Of and by the way what is up BBD? haven't talked to you in forever. I hear you like my boy Newman.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
DancingMonkey
Rookie

DancingMonkey hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Singletary is Asst. Head Coach/Defense, and Linebackers Coach correct?

Wasn't Parcells the Linebackers coach for the NYG before getting promoted to Head Coach, or did he hit DC for a few seasons too?
DancingMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingMonkey
Singletary is Asst. Head Coach/Defense, and Linebackers Coach correct?

Wasn't Parcells the Linebackers coach for the NYG before getting promoted to Head Coach, or did he hit DC for a few seasons too?
I'm pretty sure the NFL employment rules were different in the 80s.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41
My Dream off-season would be:

FA: Sign Kris Dielman, OG, San Diego- Would sure up our LG position, is a pro-bowl quality guard, and could put Kosier as a solid backup, were he should be.

Draft: Round 1: Levi Brown, OT, Penn State: I absolute olve this kid, and after his dominance in the Senior Bowl I think he is just as good as Joe Thomas, if not better. He is a Mauler, but is a great pass blocker as well. Also has solid quickness for his size. Would be our left tackle of the future, and could sit and learn behind Flo for a year or two.

Round 2: Brandon Meriweather, FS/CB, Miami (FL): The best cover safety in the draft, some think he can play corner, so that pretty much assures his coverage skills. Is alittle lite but he can still lay the lumber. He is a top 15 talent but cause of some off-field issues he will drop. He will be one of the biggest steals of all time, mark my words.

OR

DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler, DT, NC State: He is a big, strong, dominant DT, although he inconsistant at times, but I still like him. I think he can be a great 3-4 NT. Can also sit under Ferg for a year or 2 and spell him right away.

Round 3: Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech: He may go before this, but I think it is possible he will be avaliable here. But anyway, this kid is a serious Mauler. He has the school record for bench press at 550 pounds. He will need alittle time to get used to a normal system and putting his hand on the ground because he was in Texas Tech's crazy offense, but that won't be a problem, he was fine in the senior Bowl. Ramirez, Dielman, and Brown, plus Culombo and Gurode would make this offensive line dominant, plus with our skill players, JUST IMAGINE OUR OFFENSE!!!!!!

So basically I want a dominat O-Line, a future dominant NT wouldn't hurt, or a good cover FS. We have the skill players, on both sides of the ball, now all we need is better line play. I think we have the pieces on defense, exept a future NT, but we need o-lineman.

What do you guys think?

Of and by the way what is up BBD? haven't talked to you in forever. I hear you like my boy Newman.
Whassup, long time. I missed your contributions, and always wanted to give you props for calling out how good TNew would be.

I really like that battle plan alot. Thats a very good battle plan. Me and you must think alike, because alot of guys Id love the Giants to nab, you pencilled in for the Cowboys too. I love Ramirez alot, I like Dielman alot, I like Merriweather alot, Im beginning to be intrigued by Brown, Tyler would work well at 3-4 NT, thats a great offseason if that happens for the Cowboys. Don't tell Jerry!

And yes, I do like Newman alot. I have seen the light. Top 3 CB in the league imo. You called it, mad props.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richie Anderson new Cardinals TE coach. Great guy.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01302007...cannizzaro.htm
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Richie Anderson new Cardinals TE coach. Great guy.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01302007...cannizzaro.htm
Not hard to see BP's influence rubbed of on Wisenhunt.