Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which team has the best offence
Dallas Cowboys 27 42.19%
New Orleans Saints 10 15.63%
Philadelphia Eagles 8 12.50%
Denver Broncos 7 10.94%
Arizona Cardinals 2 3.13%
other 10 15.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2008, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Diego. They are loaded at every position and put up major points. LT, Gates, two good receivers, a QB who throws TDs and a top-5 OLine. Plus LT and Gates are JUST NOW getting healthy when that offense was already putting up huge points.

Hard to put Cowboys as the top offense when Romo implodes 2-8 times every game.

Arizona and Denver don't have legit running games (Denver.. no.. running.. game.. what?) nor does N.O. if Deuce isn't 100%. The Eagles have injuries and are inconsistent.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:15 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
How exactly is Marion Barber overrated? Depth at WR? Marques Colston is a very good WR, but he's not on T.O's level. And who else is their depth? David Patten? Devery Henderson? LOL.
I dont think barber should even be mentioned along the line or LT or Peterson and he isnt of the quality of the likes of Steven Jackson Brian Westbrook or a Frank Gore. In my book he is a third tier rb which is nice but not great, he has never carried an entire load, has only recently become a starter and hasnt got dazzling numbers either.
To come back to the depth at WR Robert Maecham Lance Moore, both have looked great thusfar this season. And I agree that Marques Colston is not on the level of TO (although not far of) skillwise but he is a far greater influence in the locker room.
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:10 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its so weird not seeing the Rams up there :(

I'd have to say Philadelphia though.

Considering they don't have a completed Pro Bowler like Terrell Owens, they do very well with what they got.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
When Mcnabb is on, with a healthy Westrbrook and and weapons like Desean Jackson, the Eagles are the scariest team on offense to me. McNabb can go deep to any of his wideouts, they run screens ridiculously good, and have the ability to run the ball.
The Eagles put up points in spurts. They'll have two huge games that make them look better then they are and then they'll fizzle out. The Giants have a better offense than them in my opinion. But overall it has to be the Cowboys.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

St. Louis Rams fo shizzle my nizzle dizzle.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giving the nod to Denver in the poll. 2nd best pass O in the league behind the Saints (who get my vote 2 weeks from now when McAllister is rolling again) and just ahead of the Cowboys. And a running game ranked just under Dallas w/121 ypg.

SD should definitely be in the poll, but until LT is back 100% they don't get my vote.

NYG should absolutely be in the poll. Maybe they got overlooked b/c they had a bye week, but this is the ONLY team in the top ten rushing & receiving. And maybe the only team I've really felt has the right to pull the "no respect" BS that teams like to throw around. In fact, now that I think about it, I wish I had voted "other" for the Giants.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:33 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denver. Shanny has players to work with now. He can pass and run whenever and on whoever.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants offense doesn't have as much of a quick strike aspect to it that a team like the Eagles have. Their O-line might be the best run blocking unit in the NFL. They are a constant prodding offense. Long drives that turn into points. Rarely ever any rushes that are under 2 yards. It isn't as "sexy" or have the big play aspect that some others do, but it is extremely efficient and it takes a huge toll on opposing offenses.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for me its the saints when they are healthy. brees imo is the best qb in the nfl right now. bush, pierre, and deuce when healthy is a lethal combo and with colsten at full health they have a ton of options at wr in addition to shockey now.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
J-Shock
Rookie

J-Shock hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Drew Brees could have over 5k yards and have not one WR over 1k.

Just throwing that out there.
J-Shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:55 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take the team with the QB who is bad ass enough to do this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Cutler is strong as ****. How many reps did he put up at the combine?
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
I don't know but Quinn did more I believe. If you want to talk about strong.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i believe it was 24 which at the time was a record for quarterbacks, however quinn tied it the year after
Old 10-01-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I don't know but Quinn did more I believe. If you want to talk about strong.
Yeah I know Quinn put up one more than Jay did, and I'm 99% sure Jay had 22, which is incredible for a QB, especially since Jay isn't "jacked" in a Brady Quinn sense. A lot stronger than he looks, I mean.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-01-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Steve Young thinks Quinn's hugeness affects his ability to put touch on the ball and whatnot.
I wouldn't doubt it, Quinn didn't throw the prettiest ball in college.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quinn doesnt even look like a QB. He's got a Linebacker body, a good 230+ w/ barely any body fat. Never seen anything like it.

As for the poll...gotta be Dallas. Garrett does tend to hold them back from time to time but, when he has his head on straight and stays balanced...they have the feel of a team that can score on any drive, at any moment.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Joe Thomas only beat out Brady Quinn at the Combine by like three or four reps?
Old 10-01-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Demorrio Williams flopped hoping to get a flag thrown. He admitted it after the game.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Demorrio Williams flopped hoping to get a flag thrown. He admitted it after the game.
What's your point? He is still strong as ****.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Giving the nod to Denver in the poll. 2nd best pass O in the league behind the Saints (who get my vote 2 weeks from now when McAllister is rolling again) and just ahead of the Cowboys. And a running game ranked just under Dallas w/121 ypg.

SD should definitely be in the poll, but until LT is back 100% they don't get my vote.

NYG should absolutely be in the poll. Maybe they got overlooked b/c they had a bye week, but this is the ONLY team in the top ten rushing & receiving. And maybe the only team I've really felt has the right to pull the "no respect" BS that teams like to throw around. In fact, now that I think about it, I wish I had voted "other" for the Giants.
We'd have a claim if our OC wasn't still trying to make the passing game predominantly vertical. Once Killdrive goes we'll have a legit claim to being a top offense.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Not saying he's 100% a liar, but saying you flopped to get a penalty sounds better than admitting a diabetic QB made you look like a ragdoll.

Quote:
Quote: