Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Our team hasn't been set at QB going on 7 years now. :roll:
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if Favre chooses to stay or go, i feel fine either way.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink

I dont know how many times ill say this but... Derek Anderson is the future there!!!! The only thing they need now is a franschise RB and Adrian Peterson is the smartest choice for them.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink

Why Ken Dorsey is still in the NFL is beyond me. He literally has the weakest arm ive ever seen.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<----- need I say more?
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:36 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Vince Young?

Yeah, I think we'll manage....
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:46 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My team is set-a-mundo. JCisAGod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yes.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quinn PLEASE.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsfan
Quote:
Stick with Frye/Anderson, don't let Peterson fall out of their grips, it will haunt them for a long time.

Remember Edwards and Winslow argueing with him durring the course of the season? It shows he doesnt have there respect. And he refuse to throw the ball to JJ. He was only good outside of the pocket, which isnt a good sign for a QB. Think Jake Plummer.
No offense but you are completely wrong about that... Winslow respects Charlie Frye 10x more than he should, it's all in the interviews and what not... He said its a team game and without protection Charlie can't do it, and that's not his fault... Same with Braylon, he tugged on Charlie's jersey a bit and yelled to the o-line KEEP THIS CLEAN... They respect Charlie, not the line.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 02-01-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are set a qb

Vince still has things to learn and needs to work on the throwing part of his game....but most importantly he wins football games and thats all that matters in the end

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink

Quote:
No offense but you are completely wrong about that... Winslow respects Charlie Frye 10x more than he should, it's all in the interviews and what not... He said its a team game and without protection Charlie can't do it, and that's not his fault... Same with Braylon, he tugged on Charlie's jersey a bit and yelled to the o-line KEEP THIS CLEAN... They respect Charlie, not the line.
you obviously didnt read the reports at the time it happened. But I assure you that Winslow and Edwards do not have that high of respect anymore. They said they did in the media at the beggining of the season, but when you put people on the field all secrets come out and it was clear.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
BDG

Adrian Peterson 1st round, Troy smith 2nd round? Troy Smith even said it himself that he would like to play for the Browns. Smith, Peterson, Winslow, Edwards = Hawt Combo. :p
Old 02-01-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej
I'd say we are with Jackson, but I don't think Childress will hesitate to go with Bollinger if Jackson struggles consistently.
ummm Jackson isn't our starter.
Bollinger and jackson will compete for the starting gig in training camp in 07.

So to answer the question, no. My team is NOT set at QB.
furhermore the talent level isn't very high at that position either.
If Quinn is available at 7, despite what childress has said, I'm not
sure we can afford to NOT draft Quinn (or Russell) at 7.

Cleveland ?? does anyone even bother with them anymore ?? ...lol
Cleveland is to QB's what Detroit is to WR's.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddenhero
Adrian Peterson 1st round, Troy smith 2nd round? Troy Smith even said it himself that he would like to play for the Browns. Smith, Peterson, Winslow, Edwards = Hawt Combo. :p
Not that I care...but Quinn said the same thing....
like a month earlier.

Still can't figure out why though...Cleveland ??? seriously...Cleveland ???
Unless you have family there I can't think of a single reason to WANT to play there.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to half of my fellow fans we are. (Although we're not)
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsfan
Quote:
you obviously didnt read the reports at the time it happened. But I assure you that Winslow and Edwards do not have that high of respect anymore. They said they did in the media at the beggining of the season, but when you put people on the field all secrets come out and it was clear.
Look im no Frye fan, but I am 100% sure Winslow respects Chralie Frye... It's right there, Winslow never did anything on the field to Frye to make me question that, he said the coaches didn't have him in on third down, not that Frye wasnt throwing him the ball... Winslow sure as hell respects Frye, just look at the #'s (89 Catches 875 yards)

Old 02-01-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Jango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

We are set at QB with Brady as the starter and Cassel as the second choice. Might need to pick up a decent vet in FA or draft a QB late in the draft for our third guy.
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Whats wrong with Vinny?
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
NYGIANTSFAN_UK

I think RB is a much more pressing need for the Browns than QB. Droughns is absolutely terrible.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id like to say we are, but... No.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenPlayer52
I dont know how many times ill say this but... Derek Anderson is the future there!!!! The only thing they need now is a franschise RB and Adrian Peterson is the smartest choice for them.
Disagree, Derek Anderson is a guy who can be a serviceable backup, but he is not a NFL starting quality QB.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope my team is not set at starting QB, I cant take another year of an old worn out QB who cant throw.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink

Kitna is the Lions starter but we have Martz, which makes up for his inabilities.

We're not set for the future or the present because Kitna can't lead a comeback late in the 4th and he is horrible in the red zone and threw way too many interceptions (mostly the receivers/protection problems according to Martz). However, he had pretty good numbers completion percentage and yardage wise. The only other Lions QB to throw for 4,000 yards was Scott Mitchell in 1995 with Tom Moore as our O-Coordinator. Now with Kitna/Martz we have the same type of combo. Great O-coordinator with a mediocre quarterback.

Marinelli/Martz love Kitna and have already declared him the starter next year, which is crazy after a 3-13 season and given Kitna's age. 2008 for Kitna depends on 2007 and Mike Martz staying/leaving. The Lions are not going to draft Quinn because they are only thinking short-term right now with Martz. As long as Martz is here, which won't be for more than 2 more years IMO, we won't draft a QB in Round 1 unless Kitna is horrible in 2007 and Martz leaves. Martz gave Kitna an A grade at the end of the year in an interview I read.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
PackerFan20

I voted Quinn, but Frye is a really close second.