Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 10-03-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be great to see LenDale use his belly like a cartoon super-villian and bounce off Ray Ray and deflect him 20-yards down field...

*imagines that in his mind*

Totally...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans 20, Ravens 13. That's my prediction.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big comeback win for us today. It didn't seem like anyone played particularly well for us, but we found a way to get the win and that's all that is important. I'd like to find out more about what happened with Bulluck and Finnegan. I missed the first little bit of the second half.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I saw Bulluck shuv Finnegan after the play he got called for unnecessary roughness.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I love Finny's fight, but perhaps he was getting too carried away today. That was more than a scuffle between him and Mason. Bulluck probably told him to get his act together, or he'd do it for him - frustration will lead to that kind of friendliness. ;)

But as VooDoo said, the important thing is that the DEF made enough plays to keep the score close, and the offense made their best drive of the day when it truly counted. Baltimore's a much better team than their record indicates, and play especially well at home. I wanted to blow them out, but realistically, 13-10 with a late TD to seal it was a good scenario.

Oh, and we're 5-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we were lucky to get away with the W today. Got outplayed for most of the game in my opinion.

Ravens are a tough ass team and I knew they were gonna give us fits. There was also some questionable calls that went against them. Really there was a few that went against both teams. The Chris Hope penalty near the beginning I though should have been a no call, the Finny late hit out of bounds before the little scrap was kind of ticky tack also. The Suggs roughing the passer call on Collins was pretty weak too. It is the rule, but it was a bit of a lucky break for us.

A win is a win though. And I don't think we'll play another team as tough and physical as the Ravens for a while either.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woo hoo happy train 5-0! Going into the bye with all the moment in the world, the Titans just have to stay focused on the goal and keep doing what they have been doing, a time of possession game revolving around ball control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

So. I quarterbacked a game winning last minute drive tonight in my flag football intermurals that would've made Kerry Collins blush. We were down 19-12, scored a TD with 15 seconds to go, and since there is no overtime decided to go for two. Yeah, we converted. Joe Montana who?
Old 10-07-2008, 01:36 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

VooDooMonkey just wins games! ;)

I just wanna give a shout out to ma' boy Chris Hope. He's currently leading the team with 32 total tackles, and made more than a few tackles behind the line recently from the SS position. The other DB's have been receiving more acclaim recently, though it is very deserved, Chris Hope looks to have returned to his '06 form when he was a fuggin' badass (121 tot's, 5 INT's, 15 PD's). The emergence of Finny and Griff have allowed Hope to play closer to the line, and the dude's been playing great. I'm stoked that his neck injury hasn't deterred his play and attitude.

If he keeps this up, I'ma hafta put up my Chris Hope sig that Pit Bull made for me! :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

In my english comp. class, we had to write a paper. It could be about anything at all - as long as it was 5 paragraphs long. I had no clue what to write about. I have an ego when it comes to intellect, and though I have my lapses, I wanted to write about something...insightful. So naturally, I wrote 4 pages analyzing the Titans' secondary. :D

My professor has made a few football analogies in class, so I hope he'll enjoy it more than the girl who sits next to me's "MySpace vs FaceBook" paper...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
In my english comp. class, we had to write a paper. It could be about anything at all - as long as it was 5 paragraphs long. I had no clue what to write about. I have an ego when it comes to intellect, and though I have my lapses, I wanted to write about something...insightful. So naturally, I wrote 4 pages analyzing the Titans' secondary. :D

My professor has made a few football analogies in class, so I hope he'll enjoy it more than the girl who sits next to me's "MySpace vs FaceBook" paper...
Cool dude. My freshman year of college for one of my English classes, we had to write a 5 page paper every couple of weeks. I wrote two of my papers on sports subjects. I wrote one on steroids and it's prevelance in sports. I also wrote one about the effect that underclassmen leaving for professional sports early has on the players and the schools themselves. My teacher really liked both of my papers.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

See, you had insightful topics.

I think I'm in the Dee-De-Dee class. This first essay was obviously to gauge how well we understood grammar. After turning in our rough drafts, we immediately started going over basic comma usage. Even had to type out a list of comma rules in class and print them out for later use. We're now going over the difference between run-on sentences, sentence fragments, and comma splices, and why said things are no- no's!

This is a friggin' collegiate level english class, and we're going over elementary grammar that's been taught to us every year since the 5th grade...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So i have a close matchup in my Fantasy league this week and i havent had a chance to catch any titans games this year, but with a few byes to my players this week im asking should i start Chris Johnson or Lendale White (attain from free agency) this week. I own Johnson and from a stats perspective has done well i just havent seen him. Suggestions would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:12 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
So i have a close matchup in my Fantasy league this week and i havent had a chance to catch any titans games this year, but with a few byes to my players this week im asking should i start Chris Johnson or Lendale White (attain from free agency) this week. I own Johnson and from a stats perspective has done well i just havent seen him. Suggestions would be great.
Tough one, Chris Johnson will get you the yards in the catching and running game, but LenDale will probably get the touches down near the goal line. I say go with Chris Johnsons, just because he will probably be able to get to the second level and into the Chiefs secondary and tear them apart for large gains with a touchdown in either the running or receiving game

Quote:
Old 10-14-2008, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the help, Ill go with Johnson. I + you haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I agree. Chris Johnson it is. If Lendale doesn't get any goal line touches for some reason, he could probably have a stat line that looks like 8 carries for 17 yards.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 yards a carry is really good if the league did 1st and 5 not 1st and 10
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I dunno about you guys, but having to send Dallas a 5th RD pick when PacMan got suspended for an altercation with an individual placed around him by Jerry Jones doesn't sit well with me.

I figured PacMan would get into trouble, so I was preparing for this. But trouble through PacMan at a club is one thing, and trouble through one of Jerruh's hired thugs is another.

I hope MR fights this due to the unprecedented situation, and negotiate a 6th RD pick instead.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Yeah it hurts a bit, given that draft picks are valuable and you can turn any pick into gold, but it wasn't like I didn't see it coming. It was addition by subtraction, getting rid of a cancer on a team of high morale players. I'm not that hurt by it, given that I think Lavelle Hawkins will turn out to be a nice WR

Quote:
Old 10-16-2008, 10:10 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I gotta be honest. If I was the Titans GM, I might've just initially given a team a 5th rounder to take Pacman off of our hands...
Old 10-16-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Vince Young talked with the media today and while talking with reporters, he seemed a bit peeved about the whole situation he was in spiraling out of control. He also says he doesn't know when the Titans will be his team again.

Quote:
"You've got to ask Coach Fish that," Young said of Titans coach Jeff Fisher, who announced Sept. 15 that Collins would be his starter until the Titans, now the NFL's only unbeaten team at 5-0, lose or struggle. "I'm just sitting back, playing my part in my position where he has me right now."
He also never referred to Kerry Collins by his name only as "5", which seems like he really doesn't like sitting the bench. He commented on this later and said its been hard to handle because he has always been a competitor.

Quote:
"And all I can do is be supportive of 5 and ask questions and pay attention to what he's going through as the veteran quarterback that he is, some of the decisions that he makes out on the football field and just pay attention."
Im disliking the fact that he is trying to blame the reporters for creating a fire storm around something he says wasn't what it appeared to be. I also don't like that he is calling Collins "5". It kinda shows that he is holding some bitterness. Good thing though is that early in the week he got the majority of the snaps with the first team offense, so the best I can hope for is that he keeps getting acclimated to the offense and minimizes the mistakes

Quote:
Old 10-18-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

VY calls people by their numbers frequently. He's called himself #10 before, so I wouldn't think much of it. Plus, I don't think it's in Vince's nature to be facetious. If he had a real problem with riding the pine, then I'd expect him to come out and say it bluntly.

I understand why Vince is mad at the media, but he should know that it's what's expected nowadays. You have a young, star athlete who's as polarizing as VY, and when you combine that with "OMG! He run awayz and is gunna commit teh suicide!!!," and you have ratings. He's mad cause the media guided the viewer to think the worst and didn't report anything to contradict that. That's fine for a young player to think that. Hopefully he can use it as ammunition for success.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Good game today. I wish the offense could've kept the shutout. Lendale broke out today, and Chris Johnson was beastly the whole game. We need a healthy Justin Gage bad.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC worst run defense in history...lendale 80 yards....omgz
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
KC worst run defense in history...lendale 80 yards....omgz
Yeah. I think I could've ran that one in. They almost caught him at the end too. I think Lendale slowed down when he realized there wasn't a cheeseburger waiting for him in the endzone.