Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
So, will Lane still get his money since he was fired?
That was the entire point of the letter. It shows that he's Al warned him that if he didn't straighten up he'd be fired and not get the full salary.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear Lane,

I'm taking credit for the good personnel decisions. You will take the blame for the poor personnel decisions.

Sincerely,

Al

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
Dear Lane,

I'm taking credit for the good personnel decisions. You will take the blame for the poor personnel decisions.

Sincerely,

Al
PS Does this mean I will never be able to hire a coach with any amount of reputation or scruples ever again? Well...

That means this hypothetical letter is over then! Because that thought obviously never crossed Al's mind.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the raiders need to bring in the wanstache to take over, but he'd probably stay in pittsburgh
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's obvious most of what was in the letter is false. The fact that several key players have spoken on Kiffin's behalf just strengthens that feeling. The letter is something Al hopes will help him in court, bit it's also an attempt by Al to calm the fan base and try to get them back on his side (Like IamCanadian pointed out). The sad part is, it has actually worked. Another sports site I post at (the same site that started KeepKiffin.com) has actually split in two; those who side with Kiff, and those who side with Al. It is unbelievable to me that so many could be fooled by such a snake.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
I found it funny that Al says Kiffin wanted Walker and Hall.Which I highly doubt Kiffin ever wanted either of those players.
I also doubt that Kiffin would even have the authority to acquire those players. Al wouldn't even let him choose a D-coordinator, but he's gonna let him trade away a 2nd round pick for Hall, then sign him and Walker for a bazillion dollars? I don't think so Al.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Came across something funny here, I guess it was shown on ESPN. It's before Al is introducing Cable as the HC and I guess he didn't realize his mic was on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tk3L5l-EyU
Old 10-03-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Came across something funny here, I guess it was shown on ESPN. It's before Al is introducing Cable as the HC and I guess he didn't realize his mic was on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tk3L5l-EyU
I'm not so sure that one is real .
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty funny that DeAngelo's already a bust in his eyes. We'll take him back in a second Al.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

It's funny 'cause it's true

http://www.q95.com/pages/Features/Raiders-Coach/
Old 10-05-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
I heard Kiffin said on siruis radio he wants to go back to college football. It would be cool if he went back to SC but he will probably get a head coaching job somewhere.
aka Iowa...please.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:30 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Pretty funny that DeAngelo's already a bust in his eyes. We'll take him back in a second Al.
If he took a 4th rounder for Randy, i'm sure you can get Meangelo back for a 5th or so.

/sarcasm.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I fear that dislike of Al Davis has somehow convinced everyone that Lane Kiffen is a good head coach, which is pretty speculative at best.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its pretty sad how he says that Walker was signed because Kiffen said he was a must when it was well understood that Kiffen didn't want him. Bringing up Russell is also very silly as Kiffen wanted to take CJ and than Edwards in the second.

What a nut, not only does this hurt current players it also makes the job even less appealing. Only less qualified and more unkown coaches will take the job in the future. Atleast before coachs knew that they'd get their full contract for 1/2 the years work.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I fear that dislike of Al Davis has somehow convinced everyone that Lane Kiffen is a good head coach, which is pretty speculative at best.
I kinda agree with you in a way. I do think Lane is a good coach but people seem to be comparing him to Shanahan just because he got canned under similar circumstances. It's not really a fair comparison.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What defines good here? Was he on his way to becoming an a great coach? Probably not (not in Oakland, anyway). Was he standing up for himself and injecting more life into the Raiders than any coach since Jon Gruden? Yes.

Changes were happening, even with the extreme resistence from the management. That's really all Raiders fans could have asked for. And hatred for Al Davis doesn't quite sum it up. That press conference single handedly made me less of a Raider fan.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
What defines good here? Was he on his way to becoming an a great coach? Probably not (not in Oakland, anyway). Was he standing up for himself and injecting more life into the Raiders than any coach since Jon Gruden? Yes.

Changes were happening, even with the extreme resistence from the management. That's really all Raiders fans could have asked for. And hatred for Al Davis doesn't quite sum it up. That press conference single handedly made me less of a Raider fan.
I'm speaking more in terms of everyone and their mom wanting Lane Kiffen to be their next head coach. It makes no sense.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm speaking more in terms of everyone and their mom wanting Lane Kiffen to be their next head coach. It makes no sense.
Oh, then I agree. I blame his last name more than Al Davis hatred, although I certainly think there's some perception that getting fired by Al Davis means you're awesome or something.

I think Kiffin could well be a fine coach in the NFL, but I think it's a shame he had to start it like he did.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Kiffin did fine and seemed to be ready for the job even at such a young age, plus I like what he's been trying to do there on offense and the giants have a horribly frustrating OC right now.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiffin has to be considered as a solid HC option at the collegiate level. His work at USC and w/the Raiders show a good young coach with the potential to be a great college coach, and maybe even in the NFL.

I wouldn't say he's great, but if I were a fan of a losing team looking for a new coach I would much rather a guy like Kiffin come in than a retread guy like the NFL franchises seem to favor.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote