Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 10-06-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
VandyTitans

What do yall think we need to work on as we look to distance ourselves from the rest of the AFC South? Man, Indy could be 0-4 right now, how awesome would that be?

Make a list of things you want to see us improve upon, continue doing, or stop doing as we try to improve to 6-0 (and better hopefully).

- Continue to find success inside the twenty, keep scoring TDs.

- Put ourselves in third and short situations. Our offense is not particularly geared towards having tons of success in 3rd and 10 situations.

- Get healthy/stay healthy along the DL. We've been allowing some yards on the ground that we really shouldn't be giving up. Slaton looked really good vs us and the Ravens were converting first downs on the ground that could've led to our demise if we hadn't ended up making some big plays to bail ourselves out.

- Avoid injuries along the OL (I'll elaborate below because I love our line)

Stewart has had some trouble this year against the Vikings and Ravens but he's a great tackle. He and Roos are going to be with us for many moons (their contracts assure us of this). We've got two bookend tackles, if Mawae can stay healthy we should be able to run on just about anyone...we won't face a better run defense than we did this past Sunday the rest of the year. Scott and Amano have been awesome in my opinion, filling in for Benji and Jacob wasn't going to be easy and they've proven to be more than capable of being great players for our line. Mike Munchak is one of the best OL coaches in the game, the way he identifies and develops talent is incredible. Roos was a 2nd round pick in 05 and Stewart was a 4th round pick in 05....I'd say those picks make up for the Pacman blunder haha.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Enjoy the good times while they last, the universe will eventually right itself. :D
Old 10-06-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- Continue to win.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:40 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
Enjoy the good times while they last, the universe will eventually right itself. :D
You anticipating the WK 17 game as much as I am? Something tells me it'll be a little more interesting than last year's... :D

...ya'll can still put in Sorgi after halftime though. Or not. Y'know...whatever's good for ya...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:27 AM    (permalink
VandyTitans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post

I assume you're a Colts fan? Ahhh, yeah I don't think yall will be down for long. Indy could very well be 0-4 right now but being Indy they've managed to pull victory from the jaws of defeat twice. I respect that organization a lot, I know Jeff Fisher has a ton of respect for Dungy and Peyton.

Tom Santi graduated from my HS the year ahead of me and was on the football team with me, great kid and a hard worker. Glad to see him doing well. Pretty sure he's one of the smartest players in the NFL, could've gotten into Vandy/UVA/Duke without football or baseball.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The MNF game at Tennessee in three weeks (I believe) is going to be killer. If the Colts can win the next few games and that game too, that would be stellar. I fear teh Chris Johnson.

Isn't it funny how all those lame-o's who bashed the Titans for taking Johnson over a WR aren't saying anything now? Hahaha. Taking the BPA is key, especially when Johnson is a better RB than White and Henry combined. LenWhale is signed through '09, he can walk (slowly) as a free agent afterwards imo. Let Henry be the change-of-pace and short yardage guy, hopefully he can at least do that.

And the Titans could get a real good receiver early in the '09 Draft, if they wanted to.

Has Jason Jones played much thus far? If so, how does he look?
Old 10-08-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post

Has Jason Jones played much thus far? If so, how does he look?
He's our third tackle right now. He hasn't made a ton of plays, but unlike Randy Starks last year, teams don't just line-up and run right at him and get away with it. He's been solid so far I'd say. I'd just like to see him make a few more plays behind the line of scrimmage. I guess it's hard to do that though when you have to beat Fat Al and KVB back there to do it.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
VandyTitans

Jones wreaked havoc on Vandy last year for EMU, he put a ton of pressure on us. I think we threw four INTs thanks in large part to the pressure their DL put on us.

He seems like a player that our DL coach (Jim Washburn) really likes, he is capable of playing inside and outside which gives him even more value. He has a bright future.

I agree with the statement that you take the best player available, I am not a fan of drafting based on need. What our offense needed was a guy who could make plays, not specifically a receiver. CJ is certainly capable of making plays.

...And yeah that MNF game in Nashville with the Colts is going to be sick. I really want to come home for the game but I go to school in Bloomington and getting to rub a Titans win in all my friends' faces would tons of fun.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup Jason Jones has been solid and gets a good amount of PT. He seems like the type that will benefit alot from a full NFL offseason.

Still waiting on Lavelle Hawkins to get some game action. Can't be worse than McCareins
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Yup Jason Jones has been solid and gets a good amount of PT. He seems like the type that will benefit alot from a full NFL offseason.

Still waiting on Lavelle Hawkins to get some game action. Can't be worse than McCareins
Definitely. He was very impressive in the preseason. And I liked the fire he showed as well. I hate to say (because it's a big comparison) it but he kind of reminded me of Derrick Mason.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
VandyTitans

Here's an article that gives Jones praise right off the bat...

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....810090349/1027