Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-03-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched about the first 5 minutes of that Wrestling Society X before I turned to Aries Spears on Comedy Central. WSX was absolutely horrible. They didn't even show the whole match I saw, they edited it down just to show the spots, which is boring to me. Big BOO in my book.

The ending of Smackdown was fun though. I love when they make those type of tag matches, putting potential opponents together, they should do that more often.

I haven't seen Smackdown in so long, who the hell are those 50's kids, Deuce and Domino?
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:22 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not a fan of wsx, no real psychology.. just a spotfest with explosions.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior
I watched about the first 5 minutes of that Wrestling Society X before I turned to Aries Spears on Comedy Central. WSX was absolutely horrible. They didn't even show the whole match I saw, they edited it down just to show the spots, which is boring to me. Big BOO in my book.

The ending of Smackdown was fun though. I love when they make those type of tag matches, putting potential opponents together, they should do that more often.

I haven't seen Smackdown in so long, who the hell are those 50's kids, Deuce and Domino?
The untouchables from either OVW or DSW i think.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:24 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
So that's how you ruin a Finlay/Benoit match.
The Boogeyman is an upgrade over everything. He's even an upgrade over The Boogeyman.

I hope he ends up eating the little munchkin. As if his character couldn't get any better....

Question: Will the WWE allow the World Championship to change hands in Omaha on a generally meaningless Smackdown two months before Wrestlemania?

Answer: No.
We can hope that the World Championship change hands. I can't take anymore Botchtista as the champ, he's just so insanely awful.
Youre giving him too much credit.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:26 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
The Boogeyman is an upgrade over everything. He's even an upgrade over The Boogeyman.

I hope he ends up eating the little munchkin. As if his character couldn't get any better....

Question: Will the WWE allow the World Championship to change hands in Omaha on a generally meaningless Smackdown two months before Wrestlemania?

I think you might like the boogeyman a bit too much. He is enjoyable at times, but bad spot to pick interrupting a benoit/finlay match

Old 02-03-2007, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watch WSX for sheer hilarity to see what extent they'll drag themselves down to. I mean Vampiro tombstoning X-Pac onto an exploding casket is quite hilarious just because it rules.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:57 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deuce & Domino are AWESOME!!! I love their music.. and the Greaser gimmick is golden.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:27 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD
Deuce & Domino are AWESOME!!! I love their music.. and the Greaser gimmick is golden.
I actually agree... Im usually not high on gimmicks like this, but I love those 2... and cherry...

Old 02-03-2007, 08:28 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I watch WSX for sheer hilarity to see what extent they'll drag themselves down to. I mean Vampiro tombstoning X-Pac onto an exploding casket is quite hilarious just because it rules.
Oh ill watch it, cant beat random new jack.. but still...

Old 02-03-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan
Quote:
Quote:

I think you might like the boogeyman a bit too much. He is enjoyable at times, but bad spot to pick interrupting a benoit/finlay match
I would give The Boogeyman his own two hour sitcom. And I agree good matches like that should not be interrupted, but it sets up a fued/storyline with Finlay, so at least it has some utility.

And yeah, I haven't seen Smackdown in a long while but I enjoyed the Duece-Domino gimmick. Their intro with the music is grand too and for a new team they were generating some real heat (assuming it wasn't added later). Umaga would kill for that heat.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bump for raw
Old 02-05-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan
Quote:
Quote:

I would give The Boogeyman his own two hour sitcom. And I agree good matches like that should not be interrupted, but it sets up a fued/storyline with Finlay, so at least it has some utility.

And yeah, I haven't seen Smackdown in a long while but I enjoyed the Duece-Domino gimmick. Their intro with the music is grand too and for a new team they were generating some real heat (assuming it wasn't added later). Umaga would kill for that heat.
Boogeyman/Finlay feud would be a waste, imo. Boogeyman is nothing more than a novelty and will never be a wrestler, and Finlay is a guy who puts guys over and makes them look good (I know that doesnt make since cause Finlay could try and make him look credible, but I dont buy it.). I enjoy boogeymans entrance though.

Well, Smackdown has a reputation on the internet for piping in sounds, so I wouldnt doubt that they did, but still, gotta like Deuce & Domino.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
bigrick0016

I say hooray to the Super Crazy push
Old 02-05-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Road toWrestlemania is heading in a good direction
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am definately ordering this years Wrestlemania..

Cena/Michaels, Batista/Taker, Orton/Edge (?), probably a Money in the Bank Match.. I also heard a rumor from my internet wrestling website writer-buddy that

So, should be an interesting show.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Cena/Michaels, Batista/Taker, Orton/Edge (?), probably a Money in the Bank Match.. I also heard a rumor from my internet wrestling website writer-buddy that

I have also seen these rumors around.... any news on is Stone Cold will be around for this years Mania
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:36 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3
Quote:

I have also seen these rumors around.... any news on is Stone Cold will be around for this years Mania
should be, theyll want to promote his movie, and there is no bigger stage.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good Raw. I like what they are doing, although the Undertaker choice was obvious to a five year old. They should at least try to tease out the two teams as partners up till No Way Out though.

That Ric Flair confrontation with Carlito was fantastic. Mostly because, as I said just a few days ago, it was dead on. Carlito has been so lame and stale and Flair (even though he was acting) tore him apart in about 10 seconds. As much as I don't want Flair wrestling on my television anymore, he can cut a promo better than anyone.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:44 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Good Raw. I like what they are doing, although the Undertaker choice was obvious to a five year old. They should at least try to tease out the two teams as partners up till No Way Out though.

That Ric Flair confrontation with Carlito was fantastic. Mostly because, as I said just a few days ago, it was dead on. Carlito has been so lame and stale and Flair (even though he was acting) tore him apart in about 10 seconds. As much as I don't want Flair wrestling on my television anymore, he can cut a promo better than anyone.
Oh god, that was an awesome promo. And youre dead on, still one of, if not THE best promo guy in the business.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:53 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

TNA ppv this sunday......

Now, im just guessing here (no spoilers) but theyll probably add an AJ Styles vs Rhino Match, something to do with Shelley, Senshi, Starr, and those guys, and something to do with Chris Daniels.

Btw, that chris daniels vigniette was great last week imo, heres a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX8s6w2yUSc&eurl=

Hopefully this means an NWA title push, and if so, Id love to see him go back to his "gods gift to wrestling" gimmick.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:02 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Oh wow, this sounds intriguing.

[spoiler]There are plans to form a new heel stable soon in TNA Wrestling. The current plan is to put Christian Cage, AJ Styles, Scott Steiner and Tyson Tomko together.
With AJ Styles' recent heel turn and Scott Steiner returning to TNA next month as Christian Cage's enforcer for his match against Kurt Angle, the steps are already being taken to align the foursome.

Christian Cage will fill the "Ric Flair" role as the star, AJ Styles as the pure athelete, Tyson Tomko as the powerful bigman and Scott Steiner serving as the veteran and another enforcer.

Babyfaces like Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle and Christopher Daniels will have their hands full with this faction, whose top priority will be keeping the NWA Title on Christian Cage/
[spoiler]

I think I might realllllllly enjoy this if done right.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrick0016
Hes super, and hes crazy, and he is extremely annoying

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:58 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good Raw. I missed Ric Flair ripping into Carlito. Dammit. At this point I'm really hoping Cena and Batista turn heel, cause I hate face v face matches.

Also, Mickie James = hot.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Hoping to see a POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNCEEEEEEEEEEE-UH tonight. PERIOD.

And some CM Punk.

Im also interested to see where theyre going with the originals vs new blood angle.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
bigrick0016

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrick0016
Hes super, and hes crazy, and he is extremely annoying
If you don't realize the greatness of Super Crazy you don't deserve to watch wrestling. (Or maybe I'm just stuck in the old days)