Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 10-11-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.
Default San Francisco 49ers Discussion

this is just my take and opinions on this season so far and I 'd like to see happen in the draft:

-trade down and pick up a 2nd and 4th rd pick in the 1st

1. wr -julian iglesias: would pair up nicely w/josh morgan since the depth is not very good and johnson is a fa after this season
2.ot -alex boone: along w/joe staley he is a massive body and can help protect whoever will be playing qb next season since sf has already given up 19 sacks
2. og - kraig urbik: ditto
3. cb - brandon underwood: walt harris is 35 and a fa, s.spencer tore his acl and sf secondary gets burnt up more than a foreman grill. cb would be great here.
4. olb - clay matthews: spikes,ulbrich are getting the ages and matthews can play in and out
4. de - eric moncur: sf needs to place more pressure @ the line of scrimmage. this gives them a fresh body they can rotate in and out.
5. qb - john parker wilson: smith is gone after this yr, hill couldent beat him out, and jto is playing like garbage. very low key qb to groom. its a very weak qb class.
6. wr - mike thomas: in the shaun mcdonald mold. good pick for martz.
7. c - alex fletcher: sf o-line is weak and beatup. the qb needs better protection otherwise sf will end up going thru quite a bit @ this rate.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Way to soon for me to predicting anything past the 2nd round with any accuracy but, here are the top 4 positions in order I think we should go after.

1 WR or OL
2 OL or WR
3 DE
4 DB

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not even halfway through the season. I don't think it's even reasonable to think about this. Discussing positions of need aren't even relevant at this point because we don't know who is coming back or who will get cut.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, this is a draft site ...
Old 10-12-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
Well, this is a draft site ...
True but I think at this point it's more about rating prospects and not about who a team should take.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:49 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I know we are all used to our season being over at this point, but lets hold off on this right now. Knock on wood
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Niners or Cardinals will win the NFC West. We have a chance to take over 1st Place today. Let's hold off Draft talk and projections for a couple more weeks. Go Niners!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

u guys are right...let's hold off on wins like the one sf blew today as well right?
Old 10-12-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's the 3rd Win they gave away/couldn't hold onto this year. What a joke.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 10-13-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
That's the 3rd Win they gave away/couldn't hold onto this year. What a joke.
no kidding
Old 10-13-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

yea after today i think we can talk about draft stuff any time we want. i'd like to see us draft the monster NT cody from alabama. OT should also be priority, and then wr and qb. of course, you gotta draft by talent instead of by need. i still cant believe no desean jackson this year. yay balmer you look great out there
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Though Balmer was a surprise, I'm not totally against the pick, nor am I regretful we didn't take Jackson in the 1st. It's always easier to fall in love with the skill position players as they are the ones that make the highlights, not the guys in the trenches who often determine which team wins and which team loses.

We've lost our games in the trenches this year, either not blocking well enough, or allowing the other team to continue to jam the run down our throats, running out the clock.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Though Balmer was a surprise, I'm not totally against the pick, nor am I regretful we didn't take Jackson in the 1st. It's always easier to fall in love with the skill position players as they are the ones that make the highlights, not the guys in the trenches who often determine which team wins and which team loses.

We've lost our games in the trenches this year, either not blocking well enough, or allowing the other team to continue to jam the run down our throats, running out the clock.
100% agree. WRs aren't our problem. We have serious O-line and D-line problems. Philly's massive O-line was moving our D-line 3-4 yards off the ball in the first half. I thought they were going to score 7 every possession. They owned us in the 4th quarter too. We have to get bigger and stronger players on both sides of the line to be a legitimate playoff team.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
100% agree. WRs aren't our problem. We have serious O-line and D-line problems. Philly's massive O-line was moving our D-line 3-4 yards off the ball in the first half. I thought they were going to score 7 every possession. They owned us in the 4th quarter too. We have to get bigger and stronger players on both sides of the line to be a legitimate playoff team.
Totally agree
Old 10-13-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG4prez View Post
yea after today i think we can talk about draft stuff any time we want. i'd like to see us draft the monster NT cody from alabama. OT should also be priority, and then wr and qb. of course, you gotta draft by talent instead of by need. i still cant believe no desean jackson this year. yay balmer you look great out there
how about a qb in the later rounds and re-sign jto for another season until sf can decide what its going to do?
wr should still be looked @ along w/ot and guards
Old 10-13-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Chase Patton!

Old 10-13-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If i had to categorize offensive and defensive needs

Offense
-QB (we wont go anywhere with Sully or Hill)
-OT
-OG
-Backup RB

Defense (4-3)
-DT
-DE (Pass Rusher)
-OLB
-CB

Didnt say FS because i think Reggie Smith is our FS of the future. CB would have been higher but i am sold on Tarrell Brown. He's played well whenever ive seen him with the exception of one Desean Jackson reception.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

if are going to speculate on offensive positions:

QB - obviously we need a franchise guy, hopefully it wont be someone taken high and thrown into the fire

RB - a back up would be good but I don't think it's critical

RT - Gebus do we need a better RT

I would love to see us take Bomar but I am just a homer since I used to go to SHSU.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Put me on the Matt Stafford bandwagon. Yes it would require a high pick and a lot of money but York has to pay for putting us through another year of Nolan.

I don't think o-line is really that big of an issue. I think the protection issues are more of Martz's scheme then the players itself....expect for Barry Sims, he doesn't get a free pass.

I agree with everyone else the d-line must be addressed. They are getting blown off the line and it would benefit Pattywagon a lot more then drafting a TED.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

If they take a QB in round one, his ass better ride pine for at least a year. I hate when teams throw rookies into the fire. Unless they have the mental strength of Matt Ryan (that guy's unreal), I feel they should ride the bench.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

RT is the biggest need right now. Next I would say a top notch D-lineman unless Balmer works out too early to tell though. Right now RT whould be what I would go with.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Put me on the Matt Stafford bandwagon. Yes it would require a high pick and a lot of money but York has to pay for putting us through another year of Nolan.
Hilarious! :) Pay up York!

Old 10-14-2008, 10:55 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After the Philly game, my order is now:
O-Line
DE
WR
DB
QB - I think given the tools Sullivan can do the job

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Yes I still have all the confidence that JT is the guy. It seemed like all the scouting reports on him early in his career were he eventually could turn into a very good NFL QB.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

After this past game, I don't believe he's going to be the guy. He seems prone to throwing into coverage.