Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC North Division Forum

AFC North Division Forum Discuss the AFC North

Old 10-04-2008, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco isn't that much younger than Palmer. You're going to put an unproven QB as your back up for an extra 3-4 years of play (assuming a former 1st round pick would even ride the bench for big ben's entire career)?

Thats my only real complaints with your team. Though I still think the NFC east or the AFC South would just dominate all other teams if this actually happened.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Flacco isn't that much younger than Palmer. You're going to put an unproven QB as your back up for an extra 3-4 years of play (assuming a former 1st round pick would even ride the bench for big ben's entire career)?

Thats my only real complaints with your team. Though I still think the NFC east or the AFC South would just dominate all other teams if this actually happened.
I actually think an all NFC North team would dominate like nothing else.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An NFC North team would be unstopable. They could field an amazing defense and they really could piece together a great offense. Imagine an offense with Adrian Peterson and a legit QB.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
An NFC North team would be unstopable. They could field an amazing defense and they really could piece together a great offense. Imagine an offense with Adrian Peterson and a legit QB.
I dunno.

AFCN: #1, #2, #15, #19 Defenses. 9.25 Avg (Damn you Cleve/cincy)
NFCN: #8, #9, #26, #32 Defenses. 18.75 Avg
AFCS: #5, #18, #21, #24 Defenses. 17 Avg.

Offensively:

AFCN: #25, #27, #31, #32 28.7 AVG
NFCN: #11, #12, #18, #28 17.25 Avg
AFCS: #13, #16, #25, #26 20 Avg.

I think they'd be amazing games, I can't see AFCN Getting Rocked like some think.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An all NFC North team would be amazing. They dont have the best teams, but they all have some great pieces that would really make a dominant team.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Adrian Peterson
WR1: Donald Driver
WR2: Calvin Johnson
WR3: Greg Jennings
TE: Desmond Clark
LT: Chad Clifton
LG Steve Hutchinson
C: Olin Kruetz
RG: Jason Spitz
RT: Jon Tait

NFC North has some defensive studs. They have some good pash rushers at DE and they would have the linebackers to run a perfect cover 2 defense. They have a good group of guys in the secondary as well.

DE: Aaron Kampman
DT: Kevin Williams
DT: Tommie Harris
DE: Jared Allen
OLB: Lance Briggs
MLB: Brian Urlacher
OLB: Ernie Sims
CB: Charles Woodson
FS:Mike Brown
SS:Atari Bigby
CB: Al Harris

That would be a completely dominant defense in my mind. Ridiculous speed at linebacker, great pass rushing DL, and a great secondary.

Offense is unstoppable with a dominant OL, Adrian Peterson, and a great passing attack.

AFC North might have more talent overall, but you can field a better team with the NFC North players.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
An all NFC North team would be amazing. They dont have the best teams, but they all have some great pieces that would really make a dominant team.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Adrian Peterson
WR1: Donald Driver
WR2: Calvin Johnson
WR3: Greg Jennings
TE: Desmond Clark
LT: Chad Clifton
LG Steve Hutchinson
C: Olin Kruetz
RG: Jason Spitz
RT: Jon Tait

NFC North has some defensive studs. They have some good pash rushers at DE and they would have the linebackers to run a perfect cover 2 defense. They have a good group of guys in the secondary as well.

DE: Aaron Kampman
DT: Kevin Williams
DT: Tommie Harris
DE: Jared Allen
OLB: Lance Briggs
MLB: Brian Urlacher
OLB: Ernie Sims
CB: Charles Woodson
FS:Mike Brown
SS:Atari Bigby
CB: Al Harris

That would be a completely dominant defense in my mind. Ridiculous speed at linebacker, great pass rushing DL, and a great secondary.

Offense is unstoppable with a dominant OL, Adrian Peterson, and a great passing attack.

AFC North might have more talent overall, but you can field a better team with the NFC North players.
I don't know, would be a hell of a match.

I think you're selling the AFCN short a bit.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

AFCN wouldnt have a dominant line like that team. An all AFCN team would be good for sure, but that is simply a ridiculously stacked team. Can you imagine trying to stop Adrian Peterson behind that line with a good passing game?

Not to mention they get Hester on special teams. Who is better than Cribbs no matter what anyone says.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
AFCN wouldnt have a dominant line like that team. An all AFCN team would be good for sure, but that is simply a ridiculously stacked team. Can you imagine trying to stop Adrian Peterson behind that line with a good passing game?

Not to mention they get Hester on special teams. Who is better than Cribbs no matter what anyone says.
Agreed, but at the same time..

You have Woodley, Lewis, Farrior, Harrison, Suggs, Geathers, Foote and Timmons.

Not only that.. that is quite possibly the BEST 3-4 DL in any division. Good OL or not..

How easy is it going to be to run into:

Aaron Smith ~ Casey Hampton ~ Haloti Ngata
LaMarr Woodley ~ James Farrior ~ Ray Lewis ~ James Harrison

I don't doubt it's a great OL with a Great RB. but really.. you take the best Cogs from the best 2 defenses in the league who are both averaging 2.8 YPC... and Combine them? I can't see AP breaking 40+ yards.

As for Aaron Rodgers, his play has severely declined (Yes injured Shoulder) but even after that. Just like DA last year, once teams got some tape, they knew how to counteract him.

Hester is > Cribbs. But the fact is, they're both top notch. Comes down to coverage. Who knows.

Again, I'm not doubting the NFCN would be a tough competitor, but to act like the AFCN Team has 0 Chance? Thats severely underrating them.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Anytime you get an all division team it is going to look stacked. Our defense would definately be amazing. With that front 7 and I'd take Troy, Reed, McCalister, and Jonathon Joseph behind it, it would be hard for any team to score.

I wouldn't have the same confidence in our offense. We really cant form a line as good as most divisions. We have alot of talented recievers, TEs and RBs.

Our defense would be damn good, as would almost every all division team. The NFCN has the perfect players to run a cover 2. We have a great 3-4 defense set up. On offense, I think most divisions would have a little more than us simply because of the lack of quality lineman.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Anytime you get an all division team it is going to look stacked. Our defense would definately be amazing. With that front 7 and I'd take Troy, Reed, McCalister, and Jonathon Joseph behind it, it would be hard for any team to score.

I wouldn't have the same confidence in our offense. We really cant form a line as good as most divisions. We have alot of talented recievers, TEs and RBs.

Our defense would be damn good, as would almost every all division team. The NFCN has the perfect players to run a cover 2. We have a great 3-4 defense set up. On offense, I think most divisions would have a little more than us simply because of the lack of quality lineman.

Possibly but their biggest advantage would be Adrian Peterson in the run game as we have Palmer/Roethlisberger to .... Rogers (Who's been so so) and ... Orton?.. Frerotte? Kitna?

So even thought their WR's look good.. who's going to get them the ball.. and if they can't run on our front.. thats what it comes down to.

Add the fact we have some top notch WR's, and QB's, and we have sufficient protection to get some plays moving...

I don't see it as such a sure thing for the NFCN..