Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 10-22-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

now with nolan gone, can we talk draft?
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
i think we will cuz manusky will still be there as the D-coordinator, regardless of the fact that nolan is now gone
Yeah I am not expecting a lot of changes.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:00 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
If tall these SC guys are such studs then why isn't Chilo playing yet then?
Rachal came out a year early for a noble cause (I love his 'intagibles') but it did mean that he's a little raw. There's absolutely nothing wrong with resting a rookie for a year to let them adjust and learn. Even if he's got bags more potential than our starters they have an advantage in experience. We're not going to get instant success out of him, that's fine, but if we rest him for a year then he could still be a starter for years to come. The same is true of Balmer and Smith.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I believe Chilo is going to be a very good FB player. He will get his chance.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
now with nolan gone, can we talk draft?
Haha, I think that everyone's started doing so.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey 49ers fan I have a quick question, how has Joe Staley been playing so far this year? Thanks.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he has been doing pretty well, he is a pretty solid left tackle but gives up sacks because of the 7 step drops that martz uses in his offense

on another note, did my thread get deleted?
Old 10-22-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
on another note, did my thread get deleted?
I combined the "2009 Draft Discussion" with the "2009 Off-Season Discussion" thread. We ended up talking about the same thing in both and I hate when that happens.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just imagine if we drafted Maualuga! Him and Willis would be unstoppable!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

If we are running a 4-3 and we draft Maualuga what would he be? OLB?

Old 10-22-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need OL/DL. It's awesome to think about a stud MLB to team with PWillie, but it would harm us overall by not addressing our biggest needs.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott has us taking OT Michael Oher with our first rounder. I have no problem with that. How about you guys?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Scott has us taking OT Michael Oher with our first rounder. I have no problem with that. How about you guys?
Love it. Would be a great addition. Him or Orakpo.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would rather get orakpo or a receiver or something than an offensive lineman because then that is two first rounders we have spent on offensive lineman, and while it is a big need, there are still other needs on the team and good lineman can still be found in the second/later rounds
Old 10-22-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i would rather get orakpo or a receiver or something than an offensive lineman because then that is two first rounders we have spent on offensive lineman, and while it is a big need, there are still other needs on the team and good lineman can still be found in the second/later rounds
Not necessarily good tackles can be found in the later rounds. There are some guys here and there that do well, but they aren't as much of a sure thing as a lot of the 1st Rounders have been the last few years. However, I would prioritize an elite Pass Rusher in the first round over an OT.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

i am all for retaining alex smith another year. i'm not bailing on o'sullivan just yet, but i would like to have smith around--as other people have said--due to the lack of options on the market and (in my opinion) a lack of good oness in the draft. draft colt mccoy next year if the osullivan smith tandem doesnt work out.
theres two directions id like to see the offseason/draft go. if we sign gross (god i would love that) then we can go maualuga or orakpo in the first. terrance cody in the second (or one of those nt's talked about above. the taylor kid from michigan looks decent, not sold yet though. cody is the man).
otherwise, gotta go oher and then cody.
or we could offer the browns our next 3 1st rders for quinn haha
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

I want either Orakpo, or Oher, or Smith with the top pick.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I want either Orakpo, or Oher, or Smith with the top pick.
My thoughts exactly, although I think I'd put Monroe in that group as well.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
cgrsly57
Rookie

cgrsly57 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Doesnt Oher have a learning disability? That seems like a major red flag to me. I dont think its worth the risk with Monroe on the board.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:57 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrsly57 View Post
Doesnt Oher have a learning disability? That seems like a major red flag to me. I dont think its worth the risk with Monroe on the board.
Oher and Frank Gore can learn together! :D

Long read on Oher from two years ago that goes into detail about how he just barely made it into Ole Miss:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/24/ma...pagewanted=all

Just like Gore he has worked his tail off in the classroom and I haven't heard of him having any academic issues at Ole Miss. I have my draft board as:
Stafford
Crabtree
Oher
But if we drafted Oher over those guys I would have no complaints. He is an awesome talent and we wouldn't have to worry about our tackle situation for the next 10 years.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Vernon can learn with them too.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Vernon needs to learn how to catch first.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We definitely need a legitimate pass rushing DE which is why I would go all-out for DE Terrell Suggs in March if he doesnt stay in BAL. If they dont make he playoffs, he may want to bolt. From what I read, he cant be franchised again which is good for us.

Sign Suggs, go back to the 4-3 and start him opposite Smith with Balmer and Sopo in the middle. Lawson and Willis are set and I would go after OLB Karlos Dansby to complete the LB corps. Backup plan would be to sign Spikes for another year since he's been playing better than expected.

Secondary wise, if Oher is gone, I draft the best cover corner available to start opposite Clements with M.Lewis at SS and Goldson/Smith at FS.

Like I have said for the last two years, I know that the offense needs more work than the defense but if you cant get the offense where you want it to be, dont be stupid - complete the defense if you have the chance to do so, which we do.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

I think if the defense gets out of the conservative gap control approach, there is a chance the pass rush will be much better.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
We definitely need a legitimate pass rushing DE which is why I would go all-out for DE Terrell Suggs in March if he doesnt stay in BAL. If they dont make he playoffs, he may want to bolt. From what I read, he cant be franchised again which is good for us.

Sign Suggs, go back to the 4-3 and start him opposite Smith with Balmer and Sopo in the middle. Lawson and Willis are set and I would go after OLB Karlos Dansby to complete the LB corps. Backup plan would be to sign Spikes for another year since he's been playing better than expected.

Secondary wise, if Oher is gone, I draft the best cover corner available to start opposite Clements with M.Lewis at SS and Goldson/Smith at FS.

Like I have said for the last two years, I know that the offense needs more work than the defense but if you cant get the offense where you want it to be, dont be stupid - complete the defense if you have the chance to do so, which we do.
why are you so convinced that we should only sign suggs if we go back to the 4-3? he did great in the 3-4 when thats what they played in baltimore, and i am still not so convinced that we will swtich back with the 3-4 being the defense that manusky runs, and now that he has control over the defense i think we will stick with it, or this hybrid that we have now in which suggs can play both