Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-17-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
dead man's ale has a glow in the dark bottle.

now that's cool.
Are there any others actually worth purchasing? I'm heading over to the store later to stock up for the weekend and am looking for suggestions when it comes to Rogue.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm gonna have a good beer weekend. going out ot eat at an irish inn in town tonight. they have fuller's on tap.

titletown brew pub for a friend's b-day on saturday. more excellence.

going to the packer game on sunday. gonna go to the liquor store and mix and match a six pack for the tailgating.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to the Packer game on Sunday as well. It also happens to be my 21st birthday, so I'm sure I'll be able to enjoy a quality $8 beer or two at the game...
Old 10-17-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
I'm going to the Packer game on Sunday as well. It also happens to be my 21st birthday, so I'm sure I'll be able to enjoy a quality $8 beer or two at the game...
yikes. under normal circumstances, i'd tell ya to just smuggle beer in. but, i'm sure ya don't want to drink illegally on your first day of being legal.

also, happy b-day!
Old 10-17-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Are there any others actually worth purchasing? I'm heading over to the store later to stock up for the weekend and am looking for suggestions when it comes to Rogue.
Independence Hop, Dad's Malt Liquor (yeah, when you well make malt liquor, it tastes like delish), and Captain Sig's Deadliest Ale..

I think why i like these the most is that they're not so supremely dependent on the floralness of cascade hops.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:33 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I was looking abck at the first page... leinenkugal berry weiss AQ? Icky, I think if I drank more than one I'd have gut rot for a week.
I know, it was meant to be a 'sad moment' in history.

I'll drink it if its the only beer in the place over say... bud or miller or corona... but. more than one or two? ugh, my mouth tastes like a pansy.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
the thing that i don't like about drinking beer at games is that you drink them so fast and you have to wait in the long lines. When i got games I buy like 2 or 3 at a time. Cuz if you buy one as soon as you buy it you might as well walk to the back of the line and by the time your done with your beer you'll be at the front. :)
Old 10-17-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
the thing that i don't like about drinking beer at games is that you drink them so fast and you have to wait in the long lines. When i got games I buy like 2 or 3 at a time. Cuz if you buy one as soon as you buy it you might as well walk to the back of the line and by the time your done with your beer you'll be at the front. :)
I always buy like two beers at a time if the bar is swamped with patrons.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
hotapplepie

Let me just put this right here:
Old 10-17-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.iondesign.net/drinkometer/

This thing is pretty fun, even though it may not be too realistic. Apparently I've drank over 7,800 drinks in my life and spent 20k on booze.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the hell is with the new account people just randomly posting pictures?
Old 10-18-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's Moses, Drew.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:

This thing is pretty fun, even though it may not be too realistic. Apparently I've drank over 7,800 drinks in my life and spent 20k on booze.
25k doesnt sound right 'cause I buy cheap ****.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I've had over 10,000 drinks and have spent 48K on booze according to this. That could be right but it says I've been legal to drink for 8 years and I'm only 25. This is based out of Europe so the age limit is different. I've been drinking for 8 years but probably haven't spent 48K on booze because not all my drinking was done out at a bar.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drowe, ( I think it was Drowe). I had that Bells Two hearted ale tonight...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:51 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i dont remember exactly what i had, but i am drunk and kinda mad i missed the superkev candidacy thread. I know at one point of the night i had some delirium, probably explains why i'm plastered....
Old 10-20-2008, 10:55 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
and it was awesome. also went to a cool bar in GB that had many beers in bottles. kinda embarrassed that i didn't know such a bar existed. i had Fuller's ESB. it had been too long. then, a hoposaurus at Titletown.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
and it was awesome. also went to a cool bar in GB that had many beers in bottles. kinda embarrassed that i didn't know such a bar existed. i had Fuller's ESB. it had been too long. then, a hoposaurus at Titletown.
Which reminds me. I'm going to be in Green Bay for the Bears game. Got any suggestions for bars for me to hit up?

Also, last time I was there I got hooked up with a parking spot about on the stadium. Where the heck shoudl I park?

they get smoked.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Which reminds me. I'm going to be in Green Bay for the Bears game. Got any suggestions for bars for me to hit up?

Also, last time I was there I got hooked up with a parking spot about on the stadium. Where the heck shoudl I park?
you have to go to Titletown. let me know if you need directions or anything. it's a brew pub...ya might've noticed i mentioned it 5 or 6 times in this thread. food is slightly above average.

St. Brendan's is good too. Irish bar with some good English/Irish stuff on tap. good irish menu too...and they have some rockin Irish bands most weekends.

if ya wanna spend a lot of money, go to Hinterland. expensive fancy restaurant, but they brew some awesome beer and the food is worth the price. it's very Wisconsiny.

if ya go to **** & Bull on friday night, ya might just see the offensive linemen there. it's been known to happen...and they have an absolutely rockin' beer selection.

(all of the above mentioned are downtown).

Sadly, the only area i'd tell ya to avoid is the area right by the stadium. bad beer, bad food. they do have some nice tailgate parties though.

as far as parking, yeah, just trial and error there. if ya want to tailgate, there are places that allow that..but the stadium is now for pass holders only. just drive around, you'll find a place.

if ya end up in De Pere, eat at Pasquale's. good chicago italian food, and best ribs in town (weird combo, but it works), and a very unique beer selection. the place is a dive though. kind of a dump right on the St. Norbert Campus.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
you have to go to Titletown. let me know if you need directions or anything. it's a brew pub...ya might've noticed i mentioned it 5 or 6 times in this thread. food is slightly above average.

St. Brendan's is good too. Irish bar with some good English/Irish stuff on tap. good irish menu too...and they have some rockin Irish bands most weekends.

if ya wanna spend a lot of money, go to Hinterland. expensive fancy restaurant, but they brew some awesome beer and the food is worth the price. it's very Wisconsiny.

if ya go to **** & Bull on friday night, ya might just see the offensive linemen there. it's been known to happen...and they have an absolutely rockin' beer selection.

(all of the above mentioned are downtown).

Sadly, the only area i'd tell ya to avoid is the area right by the stadium. bad beer, bad food. they do have some nice tailgate parties though.

as far as parking, yeah, just trial and error there. if ya want to tailgate, there are places that allow that..but the stadium is now for pass holders only. just drive around, you'll find a place.

if ya end up in De Pere, eat at Pasquale's. good chicago italian food, and best ribs in town (weird combo, but it works), and a very unique beer selection. the place is a dive though. kind of a dump right on the St. Norbert Campus.
Excellent. Keep an eye on the local news. I have a feeling I may make headlines.

BTW is Bell's Cherry ale any good? I almost pulled the trigger the other night, but fruit leaves me apprehensive. with beer.

they get smoked.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:04 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

so, i knew Leinenkugel's had a new seasonal beer coming out...i also knew it was a nut brown ale. i've never had a nut brown beer that i liked. but, i saw the 12 pack on friday and it looked all cool with pictures of a fireplace, and it was called Fireside Nut Brown. so, i got it...and damn. it was very very good. by far the best brown beer i've ever had..and it tastes exactly like the bottle looks, which is a very good thing.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:29 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
so, i knew Leinenkugel's had a new seasonal beer coming out...i also knew it was a nut brown ale. i've never had a nut brown beer that i liked. but, i saw the 12 pack on friday and it looked all cool with pictures of a fireplace, and it was called Fireside Nut Brown. so, i got it...and damn. it was very very good. by far the best brown beer i've ever had..and it tastes exactly like the bottle looks, which is a very good thing.
who knew your fav nut brown would come from: leinie... does that make you a chick now?

Old 10-27-2008, 10:13 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

A brown nut ale good? I'm calling BS on that. How many shots of firewater did you have prior to sampling it?

they get smoked.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

just had a couple beers. it was after a long day of work which almost always makes beer taste better, but, i'm tellin' ya. it's good stuff. give it a try.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

I'm too damn poor to waste money on something I prob won't like. Not mention ( I don't mean to insult the motherland) I'm really not a big fan of Leinenkugel. They have a few good brews, but there are much more beers I'd buy first.

they get smoked.