Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-27-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I'm too damn poor to waste money on something I prob won't like. Not mention ( I don't mean to insult the motherland) I'm really not a big fan of Leinenkugel. They have a few good brews, but there are much more beers I'd buy first.
it's funny. i'm not a huge fan of Leinenkugel's either. but, i somehow feel obligated to care everytime they come out with something new just because they are, as you said, the motherland for micro brews in wisconsin.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya leinies kinda sucks.

Anyways I'm surprised i haven't been hearing more about Oktoberfest brews in here. I've been drinking the hell out of them lately. Had Bell's oktoberfest tonight, Schells the night before, both were average.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:20 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ya leinies kinda sucks.

Anyways I'm surprised i haven't been hearing more about Oktoberfest brews in here. I've been drinking the hell out of them lately. Had Bell's oktoberfest tonight, Schells the night before, both were average.
yeah, i thought bell's was pretty average too. i dunno. haven't had much oktoberfest this year. i'm just a bigger fan of other fall styles. my favorites from this year are...

1-Goose Island Harvest Ale
2-Red Hook Late Harvest
3-Capital Autumnal Fire
4-Lakefront Pumpkin
5-Lakefront Oktoberfest
6-Bell's Oktoberfest
7-Leinenkugel's Oktoberfest--damn, when i was in college, this was my all time favorite beer. i remember being overjoyed when i would see it for the first time every year. ah well..i've grown.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1-Goose Island Harvest Ale

win!

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of that Leinenkugel stuff, all I could find where I'm at is:

-LEINENKUGEL'S BERRY WEISS
-LEINENKUGEL'S HONEY WEISS
-LEINENKUGEL'S SUNSET WHEAT

Suggestions?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

none. really. berry weiss is like, so not worth it.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

Suggestions?
skip it. Sunset Wheat is ok. and honey and berry are good when ya mix 'em together. but, overall, not a good representation of Wisconsin beer.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
skip it. Sunset Wheat is ok. and honey and berry are good when ya mix 'em together. but, overall, not a good representation of Wisconsin beer.
unlike sprechers!

Old 10-28-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
unlike sprechers!
i like Sprecher. but, i am always turned off them only coming in 4 packs. when i buy beer, i want a 6 pack. but, since i finally toured the brewery, i've been getting it a little more.

also, their normal stuff isn't the best for me. but, their limited release stuff is always excellent. Piper's Scotch Ale is NOT to be missed.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
i like Sprecher. but, i am always turned off them only coming in 4 packs. when i buy beer, i want a 6 pack. but, since i finally toured the brewery, i've been getting it a little more.

also, their normal stuff isn't the best for me. but, their limited release stuff is always excellent. Piper's Scotch Ale is NOT to be missed.
i dunno. i like 4 packs... mostly because if it comes in a 4 pack. i normally can only drink 1/2 of it... meaning it's probably a beast in the gravity column.

most breweries limited releases and 'special' beers are normally better.

hence why i tell everyone to GO to goose island. not just drink some 312

Old 10-28-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Suggestions?
Ya, spend your money on something else. The Honey Weiss is the only one I can drink more than one of.

P.S. Please stop talking about Brewery tours. I recently was in Boston and Sam Adam decided to randomly close the Brewery down the day I went. Not a happy camper. Oh wait, they gave me a free key chain so it's all good... Bastards.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Ya, spend your money on something else. The Honey Weiss is the only one I can drink more than one of.

P.S. Please stop talking about Brewery tours. I recently was in Boston and Sam Adam decided to randomly close the Brewery down the day I went. Not a happy camper. Oh wait, they gave me a free key chain so it's all good... Bastards.
kinda on topic...i love the sam adams commercials where they talk about how their beer is brewed. not sure why, but i like 'em.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
kinda on topic...i love the sam adams commercials where they talk about how their beer is brewed. not sure why, but i like 'em.
I like... " he dives in the hops"

they get smoked.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
i like the fact that they actually use hops. and not synthetic hopping agents.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i like the fact that they actually use hops. and not synthetic hopping agents.
Synthetic hops eh? Who uses that, the major macro beers?

they get smoked.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I went on the Sam Adams tour last year. Me and my girlfriend were only 20 at the time so we weren't supposed to taste the beer, but luckily for us there was an old couple who didn't drink.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I went on the Sam Adams tour last year. Me and my girlfriend were only 20 at the time so we weren't supposed to taste the beer, but luckily for us there was an old couple who didn't drink.
Was it something I should be very upset about missing?

they get smoked.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't dig most the Sam Adams. Also, I never see a sampler pack when I am at Spec's. If I did, I would certainly purchase it so I could try all the various types.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Was it something I should be very upset about missing?
Not really to be honest. They sampled three kinds: Boston Lager and the two new ones: Dunkelweizen and Irish Red. The Dunkelweizen was the best of the three, and sadly it never made it into stores. I haven't had too many dark beers, but this was one of the better ones. It lost to the Irish Red in the Beer Lover's Choice 2007. Boston Lager is their standard beer and it's pretty good, but nothing special. The Irish Red was just your average red beer. I've had better, I've had worse.

Quote:
I don't dig most the Sam Adams. Also, I never see a sampler pack when I am at Spec's. If I did, I would certainly purchase it so I could try all the various types.
We have this where I work. I've been wanting to try it for some time now, but I always end up buying something else.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Synthetic hops eh? Who uses that, the major macro beers?
Yep.

Synthetic Hops are polymerized from dog and cow urine.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AQ have you ever been on the 312 tour? or anyone that's been to Chicago for that matter...my friends and I have always wanted to go, so I was looking to see what it's like

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Not really to be honest. They sampled three kinds: Boston Lager and the two new ones: Dunkelweizen and Irish Red. The Dunkelweizen was the best of the three, and sadly it never made it into stores. I haven't had too many dark beers, but this was one of the better ones. It lost to the Irish Red in the Beer Lover's Choice 2007. Boston Lager is their standard beer and it's pretty good, but nothing special. The Irish Red was just your average red beer. I've had better, I've had worse.
That's all you got two do sample a couple beers? They gave us three beers outside the place.

Quote:
Yep.

Synthetic Hops are polymerized from dog and cow urine.
Fo realz? w/ Pee?

they get smoked.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's all you got two do sample a couple beers? They gave us three beers outside the place.
On the Guinness tour you only get a single Guinness. The rest you have to pay for. Although they brew different styles. But you can get it Extra Cold.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
We have this where I work. I've been wanting to try it for some time now, but I always end up buying something else.
Which one is it? I read somewhere you can get like a 12 or 24 pack or something that has all their varieties of beer and I figured that would be worth the purchase because I dont like drinking the same beer all night.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
On the Guinness tour you only get a single Guinness. The rest you have to pay for. Although they brew different styles. But you can get it Extra Cold.
I was just on the Guinness tour in Dublin last semester. I got absolutely smashed. Remember in the " tasting room" you're only supposed to take on sampler? Me and my buddies lurked in there for half an hour drinking before being asked to leave. Next, you get that stupid key chain that is good for one beer( which wasn't free because you have to pay for the tour) in the sky bar or wherever. We went up there and kept snaking free beers for quite some time. Normally, I wouldn't like "stealing" beer, but who the hell do they think they are charging 10 euro a beer at their freaking factory? I'm just glad it didn't go down that way at the Jamison tour or I would have beat up another Irishman on O'Conell street.

they get smoked.