Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default All Conference NFL Teams

yup. bored at work again. so, i decided it would be fun to make an all college conference team of current NFL players. I did the Big 10.

things to note
-went with 3 WR instead of a FB, because nobody gives a crap about FBs.
-thought about a 3-4 D with Castillo at DE..this would make Woodley and Matt Roth OLBs and move Hawk and Peterson inside..but, decided against it.
-didn't get specific with what type of safeties i needed.

so, here is the All Big 10 NFL team. I really think this would be tough to beat with the other conferences, but i'd love to see people try with the other ones.

QB-Drew Brees-Purdue
RB-Marion Barber-Minnesota
LT-Joe Thomas-Wisconsin
LG-Steve Hutchinson-Michigan
C-Nick Hardwick-Purdue
RG-Eric Steinbach-Iowa
RT-Mark Tauscher-Wisconsin
WR-Braylon Edwards-Michigan
WR-Lee Evans-Wisconsin
WR-Chris Chambers-Wisconsin
TE-Dallas Clark-Iowa

DE-Aaron Kampman-Iowa
DT-Ryan Pickett-Ohio State
DT-Luis Castillo-Northwestern
DE-Tamba Hali-Penn State
OLB-AJ Hawk-Ohio State
ILB-Paul Posluszni-Penn State
OLB-Julian Peterson-Michigan State
CB-Charles Woodson-Michigan
CB-Antoine Winfield-Ohio State
S-Bob Sanders-Iowa
S-Donte Whitner-Ohio State

Last edited by drowe : 10-30-2008 at 01:34 PM.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Woodley in a 4-3?..........
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this for this season's performance because if not, Tom Brady should probably be starting at QB.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hawk>Woodley
Old 10-30-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Is this for this season's performance because if not, Tom Brady should probably be starting at QB.
Lol, yeah. And I'd put Santonio over Chambers.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
oh yeah, i went with this season's performance.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:33 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Lol, yeah. And I'd put Santonio over Chambers.
yeah, thought about it...but it was close enough that i felt ok giving the nod to the WI guy. :)
Old 10-30-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Woodley in a 4-3?..........
yeah, i thought about that too...i'll change it. i just really wanted Woodley included.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:36 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might make one for the SEC later today.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what about kicker and punter? I nominate Nate Kaeding because I don't know if any Big 10 kickers are doing well this year
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
what about kicker and punter? I nominate Nate Kaeding because I don't know if any Big 10 kickers are doing well this year
yeah, i didn't do Kickers and punters because i don't care enough..but, yes, good call with Kaeding.

BJ Sander would have to be the punter. he was drafted in the 3rd round...he HAS TO BE GOOD!!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
BJ Sander would have to be the punter. he was drafted in the 3rd round...he HAS TO BE GOOD!!!!
What's next, 4th and 26? Please just let me forget.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PAC 10(Will finsh later, after school.)

QB: Aaron Rodgers- Cal
RB: Marshawn Lynch- Cal
WR: Chad Johnson- Oregon State
WR: TJ Housh- Oregon State
WR: Drew Bennett- UCLA
LT:
LG:
OC: Olin Kreutz- Wash
RG:
RT:
Old 10-30-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
yeah, i didn't do Kickers and punters because i don't care enough..but, yes, good call with Kaeding.

Yeah, sadly BJ Sander was the first Big 10 punter to come to my mind also.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PAC-10 based on this Season

QB: Aaron Rodgers - Cal
RB: Steven Jackson - Oregon State
WR: T.J. Houshmandzadeh - Oregon State
WR: Desean Jackson - Cal
WR: Steve Smith (Giants) - USC
TE: Tony Gonzalez - Cal

That's what I got so far...

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-30-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ACC(I guess you can't count U players since they weren't in the ACC yet like CP, Ray Lew, Ed reed, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne etc., because if you could that would be the best team):

(Very rough, going off memory)
This would be an explosive offense with Rivers slinging it around to Boldin and CJ.

QB:Phillip Rivers-NC State//Matt Schaub-UVA/Matt Ryan-BC
RB:Frank Gore-Miami(Played Senior year in ACC already)/Willie Parker-UNC/Thomas Jones-UVA
FB:Greg Jones-FSU/ Ovie Mughelli-Wake
WR:Anquan Boldin-FSU/Lavareneus Coles/FSU
WR2:Calvin Johnson-Georgia Tech/Torry Holt-NC State
TE: Heath Miller-UVA/Greg Olsen-Miami/Vernon Davis-Maryland
LT:Walter Jones- FSU/Jared Gaither-Maryland
LG:Jason Brown-UNC
C: Jeff Saturday-UNC
RG:Brad Butler-UVA
RT:Stephon Heyer- Maryland/Jeremy Trueblood-BC

Defense:
DE:Mario Williams- NC State/Trevor Pryce-Clemson/Gaines Adams-Clemson
DT: Darnell Dockett- FSU/Fred Robbins-Wake Forest
DT:Kris Jenkins- Maryland/Broderick Bunkley-FSU
DE:Julius Peppers-North Carolina/ Chris Canty-UVA/Kiwi-BC
OLB: Shawne Merriman- Maryland/Ernie Sims- FSU/Kameron Wimbley-FSU
ILB: Eric Barton-Maryland/ EJ Henderson-Maryland/ D'qwell Jackson-Maryland
OLB:Jon Beason- Miami/Rocky McIntosh-Miami
CB:Antonio Cromartie-FSU/Bryant Mcfadden-FSU/Dre Bly-North Carolina
CB: Deangelo Hall(Was Tech already in the ACC? Maybe not, if not put McFadden here)-Vatech/Ronde Barber-UVA/Tye Hill-Clemson
S: Brian Dawkins- Clemson/ Vincent Fuller-VAtech
S: Chris Hope-FSU/Dawan Landry-GaTech

K: Shayne Graham- Vatech ah scratch this he was still in the Big East. I don't know someone give me a kicker.
P:Adam Podlesh- Maryland
LS: Ethan Albright- North Carolina
KR:Eddie Royal-VA Tech
PR: Devin Hester- UMiami

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 10-30-2008 at 02:41 PM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

I never realized the LB factory that Maryland is...

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-30-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SEC

QB - Jay Cutler (Vandy), Eli Manning (Ole Miss), Peyton Manning (UT)
RB - Ronnie Brown (Auburn), Joseph Addai (LSU)
FB - Ernest Graham (UF)
WR - Hines Ward (UGA), Dwayne Bowe (LSU), Devery Henderson (LSU)
OT - David Stewart (Miss. St.)
OG - Alan Faneca (LSU)
C - Kevin Mawae (LSU, Todd McClure (LSU)
OG - Justin Smiley (Alabama)
OT - Chris Samuels (Alabama)
TE - Jason Witten (Tenn.)

Finish later

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 10-30-2008 at 03:54 PM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SEC has Bowe=epic victory
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
SEC has Bowe=epic victory
PAC-10 has Steve Smith. Steve Smith > Dwayne Bowe :: PAC-10 > SEC :: Turtlepower > BOE.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-30-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
PAC-10 has Steve Smith. Steve Smith > Dwayne Bowe :: PAC-10 > SEC :: Turtlepower > BOE.
You are wrong TP!

WRONG I SAY!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
ACC(I guess you can't count U players since they weren't in the ACC yet like CP, Ray Lew, Ed reed, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne etc., because if you could that would be the best team):

This would be an explosive offense with Rivers slinging it around to Boldin and CJ.

RB:Frank Gore-Miami(Played Senior year in ACC already)/Willie Parker-UNC/Thomas Jones-UVA

Defense:
CB: Deangelo Hall(Was Tech already in the ACC? Maybe not, if not put McFadden here)-Vatech/Ronde Barber-UVA/Tye Hill-Clemson

K: Shayne Graham- Vatech ah scratch this he was still in the Big East. I don't know someone give me a kicker.
I believe Steelers Jeff Reed was from UNC.. one of the more accurate kickers in the NFL

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post

Defense:

very nicely done. i would've cheated and used guys from the U. :)
but, impressive looking team. i'd still give an edge to the big 10 team because the o-line and secondary are better there. anything else could go either way.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never realized the LB factory that Maryland is...
Wujciak is next in line. Navarre is a guy that I really think could excel in the olb spot in a 3-4 defense. The guy I really can't wait for though is Adrian Moten. As a freshman last year he was a beast but hes had a couple small injuries this year that has limited his playing time. With Wuj and Philistin gone after this year Moten will slide in and should put up HUGE numbers his junior and senior year.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think the acc and its defensive line would take the big 10's o line easily, that d line is sick.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote