Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-01-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Your lancer in online play is gold, you get some art books or something along those lines, a special DVD with creation footage, the steel case and a picture related to gameplay.

It's only a few extra bucks and I have a new job so I thought I'd splurge.
If it was a real gun, then I'd be all over it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
If it was a real gun, then I'd be all over it.
Well then you should have gotten your hands on this,

http://www.amazon.com/Gears-Amazon-c...5590792&sr=8-2

when it came with the game.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or actually, you can still get it by going to this link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=B0014CFO4K

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
iBoldin
Veteran

iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, I just bought NCAA '09, and I want to get the real names and such, and I go to where I need to go or whatever, but then I get this message saying I don't have the capabilities to do it? Is that because I'm using a trial version of Gold? If so, that is ridiculously stupid.
iBoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoldin View Post
Hey guys, I just bought NCAA '09, and I want to get the real names and such, and I go to where I need to go or whatever, but then I get this message saying I don't have the capabilities to do it? Is that because I'm using a trial version of Gold? If so, that is ridiculously stupid.
You have to access pasta padre's EA Locker.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
see if you can get rosters from romancaesar. His are the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:05 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thikn u can get them off a site put it on a flash drive and save onto the game, but not 100% sure.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I thikn u can get them off a site put it on a flash drive and save onto the game, but not 100% sure.
That only works for PS3

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
MJK

Quote:
That only works for PS3
Yepp. 360 = closed system = occasional sadness.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK View Post
The gameplay, however, compared to what we have now is nothing special. Vehicle driving in Half-Life is straight out bad. The weapon selection is nothing special, other than the grav gun.

Also, it had a lot of repetitive environments, which it seems to get away with.

The storyline is good, however, it does sometimes get a little boring, and doesn't bring anything new in. There were occasions where I could just stop playing the game, and not be itching to find out what happens 20 minutes later.

I mean, Halo has better FPS elements and MUCH better driving, along with arguably better environments, however the story for HL2 is better. The weapons in a lot of games blow out HL2, because it doesn't really have a weapon that's super fun to use, other than the grav gun/saw blade combo (The line gun from Dead Space is probably one of my most satisfying guns to use at the moment, in case anyone is interested). A game like STALKER has better gameplay elements, as well as free roaming and the ability to buy and sell stuff. I could go on, but you catch my drift.

It does do a great job bringing almost everything together. But I still think that people over hype the game.
Man, I just don't have it in me.

I do think it's the greatest or second greatest (HL1) FPS ever, if you could inflate a game's greatness over time a la OPS+.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
iBoldin
Veteran

iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Nah you can't do that. It just gives me a message when I go to "download rosters" that I have a limitation on my Live, which I shouldn't. It's ********.
iBoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nah you can't do that. It just gives me a message when I go to "download rosters" that I have a limitation on my Live, which I shouldn't. It's ********.
you should be able to I have sliver and can dowload roster from the EA Locker. Do a connection test to see if your NAT is open.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

NAT shouldn't matter there.

You can try to get them from me, TheP1414.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-02-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Looks pretty good. Is this the E3 thing that was delayed?
I'm pretty sure it is. I think its supposed to be the last game in the Halo franchise which is kind of saddening but it looks cool.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man Gears 2 better be effing amazing like the first, this is the first game since Madden 05 that I have preordered.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Man Gears 2 better be effing amazing like the first, this is the first game since Madden 05 that I have preordered.
Its gotten great reviews so far, 9.5s and A's from all the reviews ive read thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Its gotten great reviews so far, 9.5s and A's from all the reviews ive read thus far.
Good. Honestly I can't see the game getting much better but that wouldn't bother. Better graphics and new storyline is all I need. I played the first one to death. Gears is really the first game aside from Madden and the NBA 2k series that I have played a great deal of. Most of my other games even the highest rated ones I give it a play and it ends up at the bottom of my TV cabinet.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well they added in a lot of cool new moves and tricks, such as using downed players as human shields, turrets, vehicles, deployable cover, chain saw wars etc.... but yeah their saying its living up to the expectations of a good sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I still think Gears has been my favorite online game, and I play EVERYTHING online religiously.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still think Gears has been my favorite online game, and I play EVERYTHING online religiously.
Hellz yeah. GOW 1 was amazing online. I'm feeling a lot of NFLDC filled games.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Hellz yeah. GOW 1 was amazing online. I'm feeling a lot of NFLDC filled games.
Caddy was the first guy from NFLDC I played XBL with!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am going to chainsaw the hell out of all you mother ******* when I get money for Gears 2 this christmas.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will melt your face w/ the flamethrower before you can even rev that crap up.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You were my first too Jbond. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I am going to chainsaw the hell out of all you mother ******* when I get money for Gears 2 this christmas.
I look forward to sniping your head off Gonzo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I will melt your face w/ the flamethrower before you can even rev that crap up.
Flamethrower = Awesome.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I just pwn with the Shotgun. That is all.

Follow Me on Twitter!