Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 8 Breakdown

Late and short this week, sorry about that tired and stretched a little thin between projects.

Though I endeavour to include all top performances and as many great plays and players each and every week, time and space means that there will be a few I miss. This is no reflection on the team or me as a fan or writer, in some cases it’s just unlucky they're not included. Enjoy.

Break out Performer
Kansas City isn’t exactly what you’d call a powerhouse at quarterback. Brodie Croyle seems inherently injured and Huard certainly cannot be considered the future of the franchise despite his ability to play well at times. Tyler Thigpen is somewhat of an unknown in NFL circles. The 24 year old Sophomore played his college ball at Coastal Carolina a small school responsible for every now and then turning out a very good NFL player. Thigpen was efficient and accurate in his team’s loss to the Jets this week throwing 25 of 36 (71%), for 280 yards, 2 touchdowns and no interceptions. This is a pretty decent Jets defence that he faced, as they managed to make Kurt Warner look confused and turn over prone in their huge victory a few weeks ago. While it’s not exactly the teeth of the Tennessee titans he faced, or the pass rush of the New York Giants Thigpen showed a lot of poise and a lot of promise and did everything he could to keep Kansas City competitive. Forget Croyle and forget Culpepper, Thigpen might just be the future for the Chiefs.

Coaching Comments
Mike Signletary is being given “mad props” for his tirade after the game against Seattle and for benching Vernon Davis when he gave away a stupid penalty. Furthermore he’s being given respect for dumping JT O’Sullivan and elevating Shaun Hill to the starting line up but is Singletary really deserving of such worthy praise? While it could be argued he’s in a bad situation and the Seahawks are a good team that formerly played really badly, Singletary’s team left a lot on the field on Sunday.

While it is agreeable that for a team to succeed they have to buy into the coach’s mantra it’s not necessarily true that a head coach needs to punish those who take a little longer to do so than others. Bill Belichick and Bill Parcells are two operators who’ve had great success getting teams to buy into a coach’s team first, anything for the team, philosophy, but they’ve had success with players who don’t. Sure there’s going to be trouble makers, but players have to trust their coach, they’ve got to have a love for the game and the program, otherwise they’ll never give their full performance on the field. While the 49ers have had their moments of competitiveness this season, they haven’t played with the fire a poor team needs. See: Miami, Atlanta.

Singletary is on the right track, with wanting team first, passionate players, but trashing them publically in the media and attacking them six days into the job isn’t really the best way to go about it.

QB Watch
A few days ago I made the comment that the Tennessee titans were winning games more in spite of Kerry Collins’ play than because of it. But, after seeing his performance against the colts I’m prepared the retract that statement. The Colts stacked the box against the titans in an effort to slow down what I believe to be the best offensive line and running game in the NFL today. Collins was therefore called upon to make some difficult throws to what can only be considered less than elite receivers. He stepped up on third downs and made plays when the team needed them. The Colts held an early lead and it appeared that their swarming defence was going to be just enough to win the defensive battle. Collins poise, leadership and smart play lead to several scoring drives and helped to keep his defence off the field and thus, fresh to face Peyton Manning. Lendale White deserves some credit for tough running that the statistics won’t show as does Albert Haynesworth who is the league MVP, though he’ll never win the title.

This team reminds me very much of the Baltimore Ravens that won the biggest game of them all, but I believe more than ever that they have a lot more talent at QB than Trent Dilfer, the only question remains is there a team in the AFC that can knock them off?

Homer Corner
For the first time this season the Carolina Panthers pass defence faltered on its own merit and it showed in the score line. Warner did everything he could to win the game and was near perfect completing all by nine of his passes and targeted his elite duo to brilliant effect. Enter, something not seen since 2003 for the Panthers. Heart. The idea of having a team band together to fight hard uphill against the most difficult opponent is one that coaches often try to sell but seldom realise. John Fox has long been considered a master motivator and we saw it this week.

The Panthers rebounded with toughness, grit and ability to take the game away from the Cardinals and more than the opponent, the statistics or the players the style in which the victory came says more than the victory itself. With upcoming games against the Oakland Raiders and the Detroit Lions and then Atlanta the Panthers could very easily be nine and two.

Props needs to go to the Panthers kicking game however as Rhys Lloyd now has 16 touch backs on the season, more than the last 4 years combined and the ageless wonder John Kasay who is the only kicker in the NFL to have netted 100% of his kicks in over ten attempts.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post

Break out Performer
Kansas City isn’t exactly what you’d call a powerhouse at quarterback. Brodie Croyle seems inherently injured and Huard certainly cannot be considered the future of the franchise despite his ability to play well at times. Tyler Thigpen is somewhat of an unknown in NFL circles. The 24 year old Sophomore played his college ball at Coastal Carolina a small school responsible for every now and then turning out a very good NFL player. Thigpen was efficient and accurate in his team’s loss to the Jets this week throwing 25 of 36 (71%), for 280 yards, 2 touchdowns and no interceptions. This is a pretty decent Jets defence that he faced, as they managed to make Kurt Warner look confused and turn over prone in their huge victory a few weeks ago. While it’s not exactly the teeth of the Tennessee titans he faced, or the pass rush of the New York Giants Thigpen showed a lot of poise and a lot of promise and did everything he could to keep Kansas City competitive. Forget Croyle and forget Culpepper, Thigpen might just be the future for the Chiefs..

I agree completly with this.If Thigpen can play consistently the rest of the year who knows.he'll struggle this week vs TB though
Old 10-29-2008, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was semi expecting Thigpen to have a solid year. It seemed like he was everyones choice to be this years Derek Anderson.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was pretty much off my radar but he didn't seem to do too bad yesterday (I got the KC game out here) and I really liked what he showed.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HE looked good but was getting more and more innaccurate as the game wore on. I want to see him this week against a tampa 2 team. If he puts up similar number next week, I will then say "I want to see that next week". Once he has 4-6 more games along those lines, then I'll annoint Tyler.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a Kerry Collins who has Super Bowl experience having been QB of two teams that made it to the Super Bowl (NY Giants & Oakland Raiders). He's a game manager and I feel is more savvy at the position than Trent Dilfer. As long as the Titans can continue playing great D, which they should, and continue having a great run game then they should make it all the way. And they will be doing all of this with Dave McGinnis as a coach.

Bill Simmons said some things that really struck a chord with me. Here's what they were:

"The 2002 champs (the Bucs) resemble the 2008 Titans: Great defense, excellent coach, decent offense, veteran QB who bounced around ... and at no point did anyone ever think, "Yes, that's the team to beat!" The Bucs even lost one of those "COMING UP, IT'S AN NFC SHOWDOWN ON FOX!" games to Philly in Week 7, mustering just 207 total yards of offense in a discouraging 20-10 defeat. I'm telling you this because the Titans will undoubtedly look horrendous at some point from Week 8 to Week 11 -- Indy at home (Monday night), Green Bay at home, at Chicago, at Jacksonville -- and when it happens, let's just shrug it off and forget it happened. Unless it happens twice."

"The 2002 Buccaneers won the Super Bowl because their "thing" (defense and ball control) was better than Oakland's "thing" (offense), and because the Eagles didn't really have an elite "thing." During a similarly goofy 2000 season -- which featured a whopping 12 teams with at least 10 wins and nine teams that scored 80-plus points more than they gave up (compared to just four in 2002) -- the Ravens prevailed because their "thing" (defense) was better than anyone else's "thing." Those were the two silliest seasons of the salary-cap era, and since we are clearly headed for Goofy Season III, and since Tennessee's "thing" (defense) is better than anyone else's "thing," the Titans have to be considered the 2008 favorites. You know, as long as they keep doing their thing."

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
This is a Kerry Collins who has Super Bowl experience having been QB of two teams that made it to the Super Bowl (NY Giants & Oakland Raiders). He's a game manager and I feel is more savvy at the position than Trent Dilfer. As long as the Titans can continue playing great D, which they should, and continue having a great run game then they should make it all the way. And they will be doing all of this with Dave McGinnis as a coach.

Bill Simmons said some things that really struck a chord with me. Here's what they were:

"The 2002 champs (the Bucs) resemble the 2008 Titans: Great defense, excellent coach, decent offense, veteran QB who bounced around ... and at no point did anyone ever think, "Yes, that's the team to beat!" The Bucs even lost one of those "COMING UP, IT'S AN NFC SHOWDOWN ON FOX!" games to Philly in Week 7, mustering just 207 total yards of offense in a discouraging 20-10 defeat. I'm telling you this because the Titans will undoubtedly look horrendous at some point from Week 8 to Week 11 -- Indy at home (Monday night), Green Bay at home, at Chicago, at Jacksonville -- and when it happens, let's just shrug it off and forget it happened. Unless it happens twice."

"The 2002 Buccaneers won the Super Bowl because their "thing" (defense and ball control) was better than Oakland's "thing" (offense), and because the Eagles didn't really have an elite "thing." During a similarly goofy 2000 season -- which featured a whopping 12 teams with at least 10 wins and nine teams that scored 80-plus points more than they gave up (compared to just four in 2002) -- the Ravens prevailed because their "thing" (defense) was better than anyone else's "thing." Those were the two silliest seasons of the salary-cap era, and since we are clearly headed for Goofy Season III, and since Tennessee's "thing" (defense) is better than anyone else's "thing," the Titans have to be considered the 2008 favorites. You know, as long as they keep doing their thing."
That's a great point. There's always those years when a dominant offense doesn't run the NFL. Of course, that kinda happened last year when the Giants beat the Pats, but the Pats were the focus of the season and were the clear favorites.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:03 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

I think it varies year to year whether it will be a defensive powerhouse or offensive who's the favorite, rule changes but more, injuries have a lot to do with it.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:24 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it will be a lot more difficult for a defensive team like the Titans though than an offensive team. Both the Giants and Steelers can score quick points which is a necessity if you go against a team who can get a lead. True the Titans were down against the Colts but do you think Kerry Collins could have done Eli's game winning drive against the Patriots last year? An offensive team whose defense can step it up at the right time ala the Colts two years ago have a much better chance at going deep in the playoffs than a defensive/pound the ball team
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:23 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

1. The 2008 Titans resemble the 2002 Buccaneers. Not the other way around.
2. Jon Gruden is not an excellent coach nor is Jeff Fisher.
3. The main reason our "thing" beat Oakland's "thing" was because Gruden built Oakland's "thing" and knew how to take that "thing" apart.
4. 2002 Bull > 2008 Collins
5. At many points people DID think that the Bucs would be the team to beat.
6. Bill Simmons sucks at his job. Honestly, who the **** lets him spew this garbage?

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 10-30-2008 at 04:27 AM.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:32 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
HE looked good but was getting more and more innaccurate as the game wore on. I want to see him this week against a tampa 2 team. If he puts up similar number next week, I will then say "I want to see that next week". Once he has 4-6 more games along those lines, then I'll annoint Tyler.
He just needs to get the ball in the vicinity of Bowe! That guy is a beast and I always called it! I was always like "dude, why are people sleeping on Bowe in the draft? Am I missing something? What does this guy NOT do well-to-great?"

And he's on my fantasy team this year. GO BOWE!

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:41 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bowe is the greatest WR ever, already.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Bowe is the greatest WR ever, already.
got that right.The Show for the Pro Bowl!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I think it will be a lot more difficult for a defensive team like the Titans though than an offensive team. Both the Giants and Steelers can score quick points which is a necessity if you go against a team who can get a lead. True the Titans were down against the Colts but do you think Kerry Collins could have done Eli's game winning drive against the Patriots last year? An offensive team whose defense can step it up at the right time ala the Colts two years ago have a much better chance at going deep in the playoffs than a defensive/pound the ball team
The same way you can argue Collin's wouldn't have made that drive, I can argue because of his defense he wouldn't need to.

I still think the Titans have weaknesses I think the playoffs will force them out early, there's always a team that's a powerhouse in the regular season and then dies early in the playoffs.

Cincinnati a few years ago, Jacksonville, Seattle, Dallas, San Diego.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
3. The main reason our "thing" beat Oakland's "thing" was because Gruden built Oakland's "thing" and knew how to take that "thing" apart.
6. Bill Simmons sucks at his job. Honestly, who the **** lets him spew this garbage?
1. You corrected an error. Congrats.
2. How is Jeff Fisher not a great coach? Because he hasn't won a Super Bowl? He's taken a team to one and has taken a team to two AFC Championship games. On the other hand, I think most people now have learned that Jon Gruden is overhyped.
3. True. Gruden did build Oakland and Tony Dungy beat Tampa but Tampa had one of the best defenses ever in that Super Bowl and demolished Oakland.
4. 2002 Bull > 2008 Collins.... Um... What?
5. At many points after they had established that they were a clear favorite. Not 6-7 games into the season.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 10-30-2008 at 08:05 PM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
How do you type out that entire...ugh...thing, without placing any kind of emphasis on the fact that Gruden was the mastermind of Oakland's offense, and that his D was calling out the plays? I mean, seriously??!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:30 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Donnie Avery for Breakout performer!?

Could have been CO-breakout performer :)

The Chief.
Eric Church - Smoke A Little Smoke
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:36 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leon Washington had like 276 yards of offense last week.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
How do you type out that entire...ugh...thing, without placing any kind of emphasis on the fact that Gruden was the mastermind of Oakland's offense, and that his D was calling out the plays? I mean, seriously??!
I did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banner
See? :)

Quote:
1. You corrected an error. Congrats.
2. How is Jeff Fisher not a great coach? Because he hasn't won a Super Bowl? He's taken a team to one and has taken a team to two AFC Championship games. On the other hand, I think most people now have learned that Jon Gruden is overhyped.
3. True. Gruden did build Oakland and Tony Dungy beat Tampa but Tampa had one of the best defenses ever in that Super Bowl and demolished Oakland.
4. 2002 Bull > 2008 Collins.... Um... What?
5. At many points after they had established that they were a clear favorite. Not 6-7 games into the season.
We basically agree on all accounts, I think.

My tone was not too inviting, I admit.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote