Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-30-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
All aboard the Miami Final Four Express!
Seriously, if ASU disappoints in college basketball I will kill someone. Our team should be so awesome. I really hope that ASU and Wake meet up at the beginning of the season at the Anaheim Classic.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Louisville will win the Nat'l championship this year. so much talent returning plus 2 five star big men......Louisville wins it all
Old 10-30-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Way too much Big East love in this poll.
The Big East has a ton of experienced guys playing this year along with some really solid recruiting classes. They'll beat up on each other during the regular season and I'm sure at the end of the year they won't have as many teams in the top 25, but the league is legit this year. Coaches have been saying this could be the best year for the conference ever with the depth, experience, and talent this season.

And I agree Notre Dame is probably not #9 caliber but they're a damn good team. They play very solid fundamental basketball and have some guys that can really shoot it. Their point guard is relentless as well, tough as nails.

Last edited by derza222 : 10-30-2008 at 02:07 PM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Calethes is a beast. I just hope he doesn't end up like Matt Walsh
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really don't see this team winning it all. I understand that they are the best team on paper, but I just don't think they have a top-scoring threat like most other teams in the country (and I don't believe Hansbrough is a scoring threat).
Hansbrough averaged 22.6 ppg last year. What more do you want out of a scoring threat?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
Louisville will win the Nat'l championship this year. so much talent returning plus 2 five star big men......Louisville wins it all
UNC returns their starting five and addressed major areas of needs (Center/Power Forward/Point Guard Depth). I don't see how anyone can argue they are the prohibitive favorite.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Hansbrough averaged 22.6 ppg last year. What more do you want out of a scoring threat?
I guess I mean more of a perimeter scoring threat. Also, I was looking at Hansbrough's stats and he gets absolutely no assists or blocks. I really think that Hansbrough will get shut down by Wake Forest this year. I'm expecting Wake to seriously win the ACC.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-30-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Teams too Low:
Wisconsin - Always a well coached team that I think gets some lack of respect due to playing a very unexciting style of offense and defense.
I think Wisconsin is fairly ranked where they are.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess I mean more of a perimeter scoring threat. Also, I was looking at Hansbrough's stats and he gets absolutely no assists or blocks. I really think that Hansbrough will get shut down by Wake Forest this year. I'm expecting Wake to seriously win the ACC.
It'll only happen if their trio of freshmen big men are ready to take on a lead role. I like Ty Walker the best of the 3.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
It'll only happen if their trio of freshmen big men are ready to take on a lead role. I like Ty Walker the best of the 3.
Yeah, Ty Walker is the real deal and I see him being able to handle Hansbrough. If you can stop Hansbrough and keep him away from the foul line, you beat UNC.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-30-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ellington is a perfectly fine perimiter scoring threat. And to your other point the Tar Hell front court is loaded besides Hansbrough. They have Thompson and added 2 big men in Davis and Zeller. That's a ton of depth for teams to handle down in the paint.

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 10-30-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3674076

Hansbrough out indefinitely with a "stress reaction" in his shin. Not expected to cause him to miss the start of the season but if "stress reaction" is code word for shin splints then that could be an issue. Shin Splints are with you for life and will continue to be a problem.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

The more I hear about Tim Floyd, the less I like him.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/DougHaller/37547]

Quote:
USC coach Tim Floyd on Thursday talked highly of his freshman class. He said DeMar DeRozan, a 6-foot-7 freshman out of Compton, is as talented as any freshman he's been around, including last year's sensation, O.J. Mayo. "Maybe the best athlete that I've ever coached,'' Floyd said of DeRozan.

But there's another freshman attracting just as much attention, for altogether different reasons. Percy Romeo Miller is a 5-11 guard out of Beverly Hills. If you don't know Miller for his basketball skills, you might know him for his entertainment skills. Miller, formerly known as Lil' Romeo, has released three studio albums and two compilation albums. The son of rap mogul Master P, Miller, 19, also has acted on television as well as the big screen.

Turns out, that can be an advantage, particularly with recruiting.

"I thought I might share a story with ya’ll about Percy,'' Floyd told the Media Day masses. "There’s been a lot of talk about him. He’s a great entertainer. He’s a guy who’s trying to be the best basketball player he can be.

"We had some outstanding recruits in for the Ohio State (football game.) We had five guys out for dinner that night in Santa Monica. We were shooting pool and the kids were there and the parents were there and our players were there. That night Percy was going to host one of the players and take them out. He looked at me and said, 'Coach, now which two of these guys do you really want?' I said, 'I want that one over there and that one right there.' He said, 'Just consider it done.'

"You know the guy’s worth a lot of money, so I looked at him and I said, 'Now Percy, please don’t buy these guys.' I think that’s the first time a coach has ever had to say that to a player. So he went over to the (recruits and) said, 'OK, you guys are coming with me.' We give the guys $30 per player to host players, so I said, 'Here ya go, Percy.' And I put three 20s in his hand. He looked at it and said, 'What’s this for? I said "That’s to take the guys out. " He said, "Coach, just keep your money. I don’t need that.'

"I’ve never had that happen. Normally the guys put (the money) in their pockets and you’re hopeful they’ll buy the (recruit) a Tootsie Roll on the way out. But anyhow (Miller's) a great kid and he’s working his tail off just like the rest of them. And he’s really serious about trying to be the best player he can be."
Anyone else think that this has got to be some sort of NCAA violation?

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-31-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TP, I'm not sure if that is against the rules. I know at Minnesota each football player receives $250 dollars a month on top of having school and housing paid for.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
TP, I'm not sure if that is against the rules. I know at Minnesota each football player receives $250 dollars a month on top of having school and housing paid for.
No, the part where Lil' Romeo takes a bunch of recruits out on the town and spends as much money he wants on them. That is where I find fault here, not in the stipend.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-31-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, the part where Lil' Romeo takes a bunch of recruits out on the town and spends as much money he wants on them. That is where I find fault here, not in the stipend.
yeah, that doesn't seem right

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Why should the NCAA care if a player spends his own independently earned money on his friends and teammates?
Old 10-31-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Why should the NCAA care if a player spends his own independently earned money on his friends and teammates?
Well, this is specifically him spending the money on recruits, not teammates.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-31-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree. I get that it's pretty shady Miller just took the guys out, but is there really anything Floyd did wrong? Although it's kind of implied that Miller was going to spend his own money on them, for all Floyd knows he took them to his dorm and they played video games or something. Beyond that, if he does say something to Miller that implies he's going to be spending his own money like suggesting he doesn't do that then that makes it even more sticky. And Miller volunteered to take the guys out, it's not like Floyd called him over and said hey get me these two recruits and pointed across the room to them. So although it's shady I'm not sure there's anything Floyd did wrong, and I'm not sure how he could have handled the situation much differently without getting into trouble.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really don't see this team winning it all. I understand that they are the best team on paper, but I just don't think they have a top-scoring threat like most other teams in the country (and I don't believe Hansbrough is a scoring threat).
yeah give Roy the best team in the country and he'll find a way to blow it(see 1997 KU team) that team never should have lost to Arizona
Old 10-31-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uconn! Uconn! Uconn!!!
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BOOOO Uconn...go Cards
Old 10-31-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
yeah give Roy the best team in the country and he'll find a way to blow it(see 1997 KU team) that team never should have lost to Arizona
He just won a NC like 4 years ago with UNC...

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-02-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UK's first exhibition is tomorrow night, I have a test that I'm going to slaughter so I don't miss any of it.

I'm extremely pumped about the team, I haven't seen a UK team together like this in forever. Patterson has a good shot at all-american and SEC POY honors, Jodie Meeks is going to surprise a lot of people. They had the blue/white scrimmage last night and he put up 32. I'd say he'll be our leading scorer over even Patterson.

I cannot believe Florida is ranked over us, they couldn't even make the tournament and they lost Speights. I think they'll be improved but not enough to make them ranked.

I'm expecting UK (health provided) to be top 15 by the end of the season, right now I'd put us mid to upper 20's.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Prince you going to the Gophers game tomorrow against St. Cloud State?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote