Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-03-2008, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
yeah give Roy the best team in the country and he'll find a way to blow it(see 1997 KU team) that team never should have lost to Arizona
For the sake of not making your point look completely ********, are we just going to stricken the 2005 national title from this argument?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Hey Prince you going to the Gophers game tomorrow against St. Cloud State?
ahhh I wasn't planning on it

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
For the sake of not making your point look completely ********, are we just going to stricken the 2005 national title from this argument?
verb tense agreement Sniper. you horribly blended the past and future tenses of the word strike. It would correctly be "are we going to strike the 2005 national title from this argument?"

i can be a grammar nazi too
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
verb tense agreement Sniper. you horribly blended the past and future tenses of the word strike. It would correctly be "are we going to strike the 2005 national title from this argument?"

i can be a grammar nazi too
I appreciate it. Seriously.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Preseason All-Americans were announced

F: Tyler Hansbrough
F: Blake Griffin
F: Luke Harangrody
G: Darren Collison
G: Stephen Curry

Collison is surprising to me seeing as he underperformed last year and may see all the talented freshmen guards take PT.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was really hoping to see James Harden on the list. Oh well, people will know him by the end of the season.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I was really hoping to see James Harden on the list. Oh well, people will know him by the end of the season.
He was on 9 of the ballots I think according to the ESPN article
Old 11-03-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was on 9 of the ballots I think according to the ESPN article
It said he was the only player on more than 9 ballots and finished 6th with 25 points. I think he deserves to be on their over Collison and Griffin, but that is just my biased opinion.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-03-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
It said he was the only player on more than 9 ballots and finished 6th with 25 points. I think he deserves to be on their over Collison and Griffin, but that is just my biased opinion.
I agree. Collison has no right to be on there
Old 11-03-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harden really isn't getting nearly as much attention as I expected, do you all still have that big guy that was good? I forget his name obviously.

They put out the SEC coaches poll of all-SEC players, AJ Ogilvy and Patrick Patterson were the only unanimous decisions.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Harden really isn't getting nearly as much attention as I expected, do you all still have that big guy that was good? I forget his name obviously.

They put out the SEC coaches poll of all-SEC players, AJ Ogilvy and Patrick Patterson were the only unanimous decisions.
Yeah, Jeff Pendergraf. He actually used to date my fiancee's good friend. Jeff's major problem is that he gets into foul trouble way too early and it wasn't until late in the season that our former McDonald's AA transfer from Duke Eric Boateng really stepped up. Jeff is a Senior and Boateng is a Redshirt Junior, so I fully expect us to have massively improved on the front court. Our incoming draft class is a little misleading as well because we got a really athletic SF in Johnny Coy who was actually drafted in the 7th round by the Phillies this spring. He'll be playing both baseball and basketball at ASU, so I'm wondering how he is going to perform in February when Baseball Practice begins.

Anyway, I have a lot of faith in our team and I'm hoping we do well against St. Mary's and Wake Forest in the Anaheim Classic. By the way, I think both of those teams will win their respective conferences.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-03-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Yeah, Jeff Pendergraf. He actually used to date my fiancee's good friend. Jeff's major problem is that he gets into foul trouble way too early and it wasn't until late in the season that our former McDonald's AA transfer from Duke Eric Boateng really stepped up. Jeff is a Senior and Boateng is a Redshirt Junior, so I fully expect us to have massively improved on the front court. Our incoming draft class is a little misleading as well because we got a really athletic SF in Johnny Coy who was actually drafted in the 7th round by the Phillies this spring. He'll be playing both baseball and basketball at ASU, so I'm wondering how he is going to perform in February when Baseball Practice begins.

Anyway, I have a lot of faith in our team and I'm hoping we do well against St. Mary's and Wake Forest in the Anaheim Classic. By the way, I think both of those teams will win their respective conferences.
You have Wake beating out UNC? Interesting.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
You have Wake beating out UNC? Interesting.
I honestly believe that Wake has the front court to stop Hansbrough. If you stop Hansbrough, you stop UNC. I guess it depends on how well Ty Walker develops, but I think he can be really dominant this season.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-03-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UK wins the first exhibition 111-53.

We were playing a terrible team obviously but it's the first time the team has topped 100 points in 5 years so it's significant.

This team is going to be good, I'm as pumped as I've been in years... We're going to surprise a lot of people.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I honestly believe that Wake has the front court to stop Hansbrough. If you stop Hansbrough, you stop UNC. I guess it depends on how well Ty Walker develops, but I think he can be really dominant this season.
But UNC added much needed depth in the front court this season. That can only help Hansbrough.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
ahhh I wasn't planning on it

You didn't miss much, we won by 10 but played like garbage.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Mississippi State boi. Jarvis Varnando is gonna own!

Seriously though, UNC is winning it all

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
UNC is winning it all
Man, talk about going out on a limb ;)
Old 11-10-2008, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Basketball season states today with the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic getting under way. Anyone else stoked for this season?

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-10-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Basketball season states today with the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic getting under way. Anyone else stoked for this season?
I am super pumped. I am one of the few fans of a Mid-Major it seems on this board, but I am pumped not only for our season but for the season as a whole.

Illinois State will hopefully be able to make the tournament this year, but we lost the heart of our team in Boo Richardson and have had 3 PG's injured in the offseason trying to replace him. Osiris Eldridge and Chamberlain 'Champ' Oguchi, formerly of Oregon if you Pac-10 people remember, will show quite a scoring punch. Hopefully for the second year in a row ISU can be the best team in the state of Illinois.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What will the effect of moving the 3pt Line back? Will it widen the gap of Mid-Major and Major programs? Will scoring go down? How much will FG% or 3pt% go down?

I have my opinions but I am looking for discussion.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
What will the effect of moving the 3pt Line back? Will it widen the gap of Mid-Major and Major programs? Will scoring go down? How much will FG% or 3pt% go down?

I have my opinions but I am looking for discussion.
As far as 3-PT%, I don't really think there will be much of a difference. If there will be a difference, I see the 3-PT% increasing because of the larger area that zone defenses now have to cover. I am almost certain that scoring will increase this season, mark my words.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-10-2008, 12:40 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
As far as 3-PT%, I don't really think there will be much of a difference. If there will be a difference, I see the 3-PT% increasing because of the larger area that zone defenses now have to cover. I am almost certain that scoring will increase this season, mark my words.
Well Mid-Major conspiracy theorists believe it is a subtle move by the BCS conferences to gain a small advantage due to size in the paint. Some have cited that since there also will be more room that smaller teams will have to switch out of zones and therefore a detriment to interior defense. I think that it may only effect the low major teams but not really the better teams of the 'mid-major' variety. Plus, I think people are just creating problems it really is not a large move.

Any reason you believe scoring will increase or just a feeling?

Old 11-10-2008, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Well Mid-Major conspiracy theorists believe it is a subtle move by the BCS conferences to gain a small advantage due to size in the paint. Some have cited that since there also will be more room that smaller teams will have to switch out of zones and therefore a detriment to interior defense. I think that it may only effect the low major teams but not really the better teams of the 'mid-major' variety. Plus, I think people are just creating problems it really is not a large move.

Any reason you believe scoring will increase or just a feeling?
Because the majority of college teams play some sort of zone defense and by expanding the court, it will make it much tougher to defend outside shooters.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-10-2008, 12:55 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am super pumped. I am one of the few fans of a Mid-Major it seems on this board, but I am pumped not only for our season but for the season as a whole.

Illinois State will hopefully be able to make the tournament this year, but we lost the heart of our team in Boo Richardson and have had 3 PG's injured in the offseason trying to replace him. Osiris Eldridge and Chamberlain 'Champ' Oguchi, formerly of Oregon if you Pac-10 people remember, will show quite a scoring punch. Hopefully for the second year in a row ISU can be the best team in the state of Illinois.
There was a kid from right around my area who went there, Alex Rubin.