Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
last week i predicted Hightower would be starting by week 14, that one came a little too fast
I said he should be starter from when he was drafted, but that was mostly UR bias.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:40 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
am i the only one that is not impressed by DMac
And I was laughed at when I said Jamaal Charles wasn't much different than McFadden. He put up very similar numbers in college, has similar size, and is close in speed to McFadden. At least for one game Charles proved he can pound it out against a tough defense and make some plays.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

[quote=CroomDawgs;1293736]

DT:
Glen Dorsey- Has been pretty terrible this year.
Sedrick Ellis- Injured all year
Kentwan Balmer- Haven't heardm uch on him
Marcus Harrison- Has been pretty good rotating in for the bears
Red bryant- Has been seeing good playing time for seattle

CB
Leodis McKelvin- Has been solid and is a pretty good returner
Mike Jenkins- Didn't see much of hi early but got a pick 6 yesterday
Antoine Cason- Has been good in the nickel role
brandon Flowers- If i'm not mistaken isn't he starting?
DRC- Haven't heard much know he was injured early
Aqib Talib- Have been solid thsu far
Orlando Scandrick- Was getting more hype than Jenkins this season
Terrence Wheatley- Played some nickel for Belichek and has been ok
Terrell Thomas- Special teamer if im not mistaken

QUOTE]

Dorsey has NOT been terrible. Sure he doesn't have any sacks but alot of DT's don't light the world on fire right away. Haynesworth had 1 sack as a rookie and a mere 4.5 his first 3 years in the NFL. The run defense problems are mainly because of the linebackers and the defensive ends.

Also don't know how Brandon Carr doesn't get a mention considering he is starting opposite of Brandon Flowers and has 2 interceptions on the year.

At kicker Connor Barth recently took over for the Cheifs and is 3 for 3 so far on field goals.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
And I was laughed at when I said Jamaal Charles wasn't much different than McFadden. He put up very similar numbers in college, has similar size, and is close in speed to McFadden. At least for one game Charles proved he can pound it out against a tough defense and make some plays.
FWIW, I never doubted Chuckles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
I'd rather face a Chiefs team with Larry Johnson on the field instead of J-Charlie.
I'm just glad the Bucs pulled [it] out.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:49 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
FWIW, I never doubted Chuckles.

I'm just glad the Bucs pulled [it] out.
This is kind of off topic and not to take anything away from a buccaneers win but man the youth on this team really showed. There are probably a half dozen or more examples of young players making mistakes that probably ended up costing us the game, including that fumble by Charles. It really sucks to deal with "rookie" mistakes but I guess we will be better in the long run when these guys grow up.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:53 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope we trade LJ. I really really do. I'd rather see Charles/Kolby Smith in the backfield, they'll try.

I have been pretty impressed with Charles too, to be honest. I'd love to see what he could do with a few more starts under his belt. He did break 100 on a very, very good defense and that hasn't been done this season.

What a great game. Too bad Brandon Flowers was out in the 3rd quarter. Garcia picked on Leggett/Patterson bad for two scores. With Flowers in there I'm not sure they happen.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes that was very sad to see the Cheifs give that up. Mark Bradley has looked like a nice pickup so far though.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:31 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Yes that was very sad to see the Cheifs give that up. Mark Bradley has looked like a nice pickup so far though.
Yes, he has. Alot better than Devard Darling did as our #2 WR.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Rayray52
Veteran

Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.

Bill Belichick should be sending Mangini a thank you card with a bottle of wine for taking Gholston, the Pats were high on Gholston and entertained the idea of jumping ahead of the Jets to snag him, they decided to take their next choice and ended up with Mayo instead...
Rayray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
I really hope we trade LJ. I really really do. I'd rather see Charles/Kolby Smith in the backfield, they'll try.

I have been pretty impressed with Charles too, to be honest. I'd love to see what he could do with a few more starts under his belt. He did break 100 on a very, very good defense and that hasn't been done this season.

What a great game. Too bad Brandon Flowers was out in the 3rd quarter. Garcia picked on Leggett/Patterson bad for two scores. With Flowers in there I'm not sure they happen.
Charles is the real deal. I got flamed a few times by people that thought he was worthless as a RB. I felt Dallas could have taken him in the first round, along with Chris Johnson. Charles really has it all, but he got knocked for being in an option system, and for never "carrying the load". I too, wanna see him get more carries, and prove all the naysayers wrong :D
Old 11-04-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayray52 View Post
Bill Belichick should be sending Mangini a thank you card with a bottle of wine for taking Gholston, the Pats were high on Gholston and entertained the idea of jumping ahead of the Jets to snag him, they decided to take their next choice and ended up with Mayo instead...
Can a Jets fan tell me what the hell is going on with Gholston, I was really high on him before the draft, although he wouldn't really fit the Giants defense I still liked him very much as a prospect, what happened? Right now he has looked like a flat out bust.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Can a Jets fan tell me what the hell is going on with Gholston, I was really high on him before the draft, although he wouldn't really fit the Giants defense I still liked him very much as a prospect, what happened? Right now he has looked like a flat out bust.
You can't call a player a bust halfway into their rookie year.

Then again, he went to Ohio State, so **** him.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
You can't call a player a bust halfway into their rookie year.

Then again, he went to Ohio State, so **** him.
The knock wasn't production from what I hear it's intangible stuff like effort and going 100% full speed. I am on the Jets MB, and so that's the stuff I usually read which is consistent with the pre draft stuff I posted way back when, when people said Gholston is a guy who gives you 1 good effort play and then takes some plays off. I remember vaguely scouts ripping him for that stuff.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
The knock wasn't production from what I hear it's intangible stuff like effort and going 100% full speed. I am on the Jets MB, and so that's the stuff I usually read which is consistent with the pre draft stuff I posted way back when, when people said Gholston is a guy who gives you 1 good effort play and then takes some plays off. I remember vaguely scouts ripping him for that stuff.
From a thread you started...

Quote:
“He’s a dog. He’s embarrassing, he embarrasses himself and his coach,” said one long-time scout. “But about three times a game, he goes like no one’s gone in about five years. He’s got supernatural stuff, he really does. I don’t see anybody in the last five years that has what he has. I’d have to really think back to (Dwight) Freeney or (Julius) Peppers to have the stuff he has. But he’s absolutely a dog, and anybody that tells you different should be fired immediately from their job. If we were up there, I’d be scared to death and, at the same time, I’d feel my adrenalin rushing thinking maybe we could turn him on. I confronted him. I said, ‘You’re about the laziest SOB I’ve ever seen.’ He didn’t know how to explain it. He couldn’t come back on it. He didn’t get mad. I don’t know. He was taken by surprise, I guess. Are you going to spend a top-10 pick on a guy? I don’t know. But he’s got real, real stuff. On a scale of 1 to 10, he’s 10. He had 14 sacks. He should have had 30. He’d have set the world’s record. They shouldn’t be able to block him. He just doesn’t care.” … “I’d have to agree that there’s periods during the game when the guy will disappear,” the college scouting director for an AFC team said. “But even saying that the guy had 14 sacks, and pass rushers are at a premium and so hard to find. If you can push his buttons just a little bit, maybe that five or 10 percent of the game he plays a little harder, I think you’ve got something. Even saying that, I think he’ll come in the league and be a double-digit sack guy, he’s got that kind of ability.” … “I think the guy’s learning how to play a little bit,” a third scout countered. “You have to know what they’re being taught and what the defense is asking them to do. Because you get a lot of guys that grade tape and if a guy’s not chasing everything like crazy from the get go, they’re dogging it. Well, a lot of times they’re told to hang back in certain games against certain people because of tendencies. So you’ve got to be careful about some of that stuff.”
Old 11-04-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From a thread you started...
Do you that thread link? I wanted to read it and see in hindsight now how accurate some of the scouts were.

Yup dead on. I agree it's still early, and the learning how to play is a key statement. BUt if someone never had good work ethic and gave you 100% can that change now? Is that a maturity issue or not? Obviously that's up to Gholston to realize and decide what to do, and the coaching staff has to motivate him to do it.

You're Jackson, WR, Cal, was another guy. Make 1 amazing play, but disappear for couple plays after that. In fact I know he really had maturity issues at Cal. That Dallas game where he threw that ball before the endzone he did that before too! That's not the first time. But he has played very well, so perhaps Gholston can turn it around. But guys like that who have all talent in the world but not mature scare me the most.

Ryan Leaf people consider a bust. But he wasn't a bust because he didn't have talent. The guy had sick, sick talent and potential! Can rival if not be BETTER than P. Manning, but... majority is a huge factor in football. Not just the NFL, ALL levels of football. I coached players who are VERY immature! Our senior TE was immature and you had to baby him because if you yelled at him he would go in the tank. The mental part of the game is very, very important. Ryan leaf didn't have it, and thus failed, and he won't be the first or last. But my point is usually it has nothing to do with talent.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Do you that thread link? I wanted to read it and see in hindsight now how accurate some of the scouts were.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=21640

I knew you had started it, so I checked your created threads history.

Quote:
Yup dead on. I agree it's still early, and the learning how to play is a key statement. BUt if someone never had good work ethic and gave you 100% can that change now? Is that a maturity issue or not? Obviously that's up to Gholston to realize and decide what to do, and the coaching staff has to motivate him to do it.
Kind of bad when 30 million or whatever he's making can't motivate you.

Quote:
You're Jackson, WR, Cal, was another guy.
Your vs. you're.

Quote:
Make 1 amazing play, but disappear for couple plays after that.
He's actually been remarkably consistent for a rookie this year, learning a complex offense and being thrust into the #1 role.

Quote:
In fact I know he really had maturity issues at Cal. That Dallas game where he threw that ball before the endzone he did that before too! That's not the first time. But he has played very well, so perhaps Gholston can turn it around. But guys like that who have all talent in the world but not mature scare me the most.
Jackson's motivation isn't really a question. He's just a monster ego. I'd rather have the guy who tries with an ego.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=21640

I knew you had started it, so I checked your created threads history.

Kind of bad when 30 million or whatever he's making can't motivate you.

Your vs. you're.

He's actually been remarkably consistent for a rookie this year, learning a complex offense and being thrust into the #1 role.

Jackson's motivation isn't really a question. He's just a monster ego. I'd rather have the guy who tries with an ego.

Hmm... so many functions on here I still haven't explored. I didn't know we had a thread history. I will have to check that out. Yeah that was a bad grammar mistake. That was an easy one. I don't know how I slipped up on that one.

I am still waiting on the day we play Manningham more. But he has a line of Wrs in front of him.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Hmm... so many functions on here I still haven't explored. I didn't know we had a thread history. I will have to check that out.
Click on someone's profile, and then click on view previous threads or whatever it is.

Quote:
Yeah that was a bad grammar mistake. That was an easy one. I don't know how I slipped up on that one.
No biggie. It's just one of my biggest grammar pet peeves.

Quote:
I am still waiting on the day we play Manningham more. But he has a line of Wrs in front of him.
Trade him to Philly!
Old 11-04-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despite an awful showing by almost everyone on the Skins except Demetric Evans, LaRon Landry, and London Fletcher, Chris Horton was still flying around making plays. His stats were modest at 5 tackles and 1 sack, but he still is on every play and hasn't given up any substantial pass on him all season.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Bradley looks like a steal so far and heck he can throw too
Old 11-04-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Bradley looks like a steal so far and heck he can throw too
Hey man if anything happens to Tyler you have some options now.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been VERY impressed by DT Pat Sims ever since he was activated this season. He has really been a force in the middle and has been providing nice pressure alongside Domata Peko. He's made some mistakes but he has been going all out on every play and definitely looks the part. If we can get something out of Jason Shirley at some point this season we probably won't have to look DT at all next year.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote