Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-30-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

Just because they have identical stats doesnt mean they both go at the same time. Couple things, USC had a harder schedule than Washington did. Booty won more games...i know it wasnt "all" Booty but still, this has to be a factor. Second, this was Booty's first year starting. This was Isaiah Stanbecks senior year I believe. I am a big fan of Isaih Stanbeck but if I had to chose between who i would draft and they were both available, id select Booty first.

Do you think Isaiah will be a QB in the NFL? He'd be a good QB but i think he could also make a nasty RB

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:25 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Booty is going to be a first round pick, he is going to light it up this upcoming season bring USC all the way to the NC and win it. People will be saying he likes Palmer and Leinart in one

:D
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this is going to be a very good year for Booty, knowing that Gable and Moody (with Washington sprinkled in) are more developed to the college game actually establishes a very good run game. I think he did quite well after the Oregon State loss but he had a setback against UCLA.

I think he has a better arm than Leinart and is starting to get the leadership aspect of the game. But he isn't fundamentally sound (as someone mentioned earlier) as well as his touch (the same poster said that too, I happen to agree). I think he can break into the 1st round, it's entirely plausible if he can show that Jarrett/Smith weren't the cause of his success. Patrick Turner has some experience with him, which greatly helps and Vidal Hazelton has a high ceiling. If he can make this season work, then I fully expect him to boost his stock. His main 3 weaknesses are decisionmaking (at times), touch and mechanics. Mechanics can be taught, touch can be developed and I think decisionmaking was more of a lack of experience.

Man, USC is quickly becoming QB U.

Palmer
Leinart
Booty
Sanchez
Corp

The latter three are probably going to start by the JR season as well and when you sprinkle in Cassel, wow.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

yeah, hopefully we will have more of a run game next year. i hope moody and gable start next year. allen bradford was holding down FB nicely in the rosebowl. would be nice to see joe mcknight in cardinal and gold next year too. we have so many RBs we better have a solid rushing attack next year...i still dont even know what stafon johnson can do

Old 02-01-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
terman
Rookie

terman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Stafon is most likely going to have to play safety unless he transfers.
terman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

did he red shirt or just get buried in the depth chart? if he never gets a shot at playing RB i can understand if he decides to transfer. he was the most hyped recruit at his position we got last year out of highschool

Old 02-01-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He redshirted iirc.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
did he red shirt or just get buried in the depth chart? if he never gets a shot at playing RB i can understand if he decides to transfer. he was the most hyped recruit at his position we got last year out of highschool
I think he was buried on the depth chart because of a bad work ethic. I'm not too sure on this one though, I just remember reading it on a message board.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say 3/4

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terman
Stafon is most likely going to have to play safety unless he transfers.

Yeah he's been real unimpressive at RB, and has shown no signs of working to improve either.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This depends on what teams need a QB. If a team like the browns or lions dont draft one, they might use their first R1 pick on him

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote