Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-11-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Why So Much Hate On Josh Freeman?

Is it just because of his inconsistency and decision making?
JaxJag_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He sucks. That's why.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

elaborate on why please........
Old 11-11-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God frowns on him, daily.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

I was unaware of that.

I'm not a K State fan either, just wondering why people dislike him.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hes got great physical tools, he just hasn't quite put them together. If he were to enter this draft, he would probably be taken higher than his performance s would warrant based on his immense physical ability, just probably not top 5 or anything like that. Even Jamarcus Russell proved a little while at LSU.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has the good size and arm strength and decent mobility but that is maybe overstated by his supporters. Like all Big-12 QBs i would like to see what they can do outside their comfort zone which is throwing short passes and relying on receivers to get YAC to make them look good. In his defense he probably throws deep more than any other QB in that league. His accuracy and decision making is really his big negative and i think if he can improve on that he could be a steal in the 3rd-4th round area. In his league i would put him behind Bradford and McCoy but ahead of the others.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

I agree with you that J. Freeman has not put it all together, but what makes him so different from Matt Stafford at UGA?

and Freeman has no where near the talent that UGA has
Old 11-11-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

Okay, so let me ask a question, IF Freeman can improve his decision making and his accuracy how good could he be, what would his ceiling be then?
Old 11-11-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has mostly to do with mythbusta/starheather overrating him by a ridiculous amount. If it weren't for that people would see him for what he is, a guy with amazing tools that hasn't put it all together, opposed to everyone hating on him because mythbusta is annoying.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
STARHEATHER
Veteran

STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER

probably because of me. that being said and all his supposed deficiencies, he still has the best physical ability of any qb available. i dont know if he comes out, but if he does he has first rd value just on his physical skills alone
STARHEATHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

Well IF he puts it all together in the NFL (accuracy, decision making) how good could he be?

Old 11-11-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJag_1 View Post
I agree with you that J. Freeman has not put it all together, but what makes him so different from Matt Stafford at UGA?

and Freeman has no where near the talent that UGA has
I think you're better off comparing him to McCoy and Bradford because he isnt in the same stratosphere as Stafford as a QB.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I think you're better off comparing him to McCoy and Bradford because he isnt in the same stratosphere as Stafford as a QB.
Well Stafford too has all the tools minus the mobility that Freeman has, and Stafford has way more talent at UGA. And Stafford isn't there yet as we saw vs. the Gator defense 2 weeks ago.

I'm not a hater on Stafford or a fan of Freeman, I'm just wondering

Old 11-11-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Well Stafford too has all the tools minus the mobility that Freeman has, and Stafford has way more talent at UGA. And Stafford isn't there yet as we saw vs. the Gator defense 2 weeks ago.

I'm not a hater on Stafford or a fan of Freeman, I'm just wondering
Can we stop thinking that every black QB is Vince Young, Freeman isnt all that mobile just like Jamarcus Russell isnt.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

he's mobile for his size at 6'6" 250

Old 11-11-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
STARHEATHER
Veteran

STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER STARHEATHER

he could be daunte culpepper or he could be quinn gray. for me you roll the dice, because if hes culpepper and you pass and someone else gets him its worse than him busting. anywhere in the mid late rd 1 i think if you need a qb you have to roll the dice. his plays taken him out of the highest spots. he hasnt played any worse than stafford, and there is nothing stafford can do physically throwing that he cant. hes a better athlete with more prototype body. if the team roles were reversed, i wonder if thered even be conversation. i only have 4 guys id pick really at the moment. stafford, freeman, pike, perriloux. the rest are in the g file. its damn near impossible to win a sb with an undersize weak arm qb. it hasnt happened much recently. so i like freeman
Old 11-11-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
he's mobile for his size at 6'6" 250
Which is like being the world's tallest dwarf. You're not very tall, and Freeman isn't very mobile. Pound for pound talent means very little in proffesional sports, it's a matter of absolute ability. Freeman is about as mobile as Byron Leftwich.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
Which is like being the world's tallest dwarf. You're not very tall, and Freeman isn't very mobile. Pound for pound talent means very little in proffesional sports, it's a matter of absolute ability. Freeman is about as mobile as Byron Leftwich.
I'm a Jaguars fan, and I've seen Byron run and Josh Freeman is much more mobile than Byron ever was

Old 11-11-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most people don't hate him, they are just sick of him being overhyped on this board. Even before mythbusta/starheather got here I saw a handful of people put him #1 overall in their mock. Realistically, he's still a good quarterback. If he came out this year he'd probably be a fringe 1st Round pick. I still think he's only the fourth best underclassmen quarterback, but that's still a compliment considering the strength of the junior and sophomore classes.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
STARHEATHER
Veteran

i think he has 15 rushing tds. i guess its possible those could all be sneaks. 30 total tds. tebow esque #s on that pretty bad team. hes as mobile as anyone. and better throwing on the run as well as just running
Old 11-11-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow, the two aren't even close. Freeman isn't a Vince Young running but he is stilll pretty mobile for any sized QB (legit pro QB at least). Leftwich had two left feet. Freeman is pretty close to Culpepper in terms of running ability.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
STARHEATHER
Veteran

now i have two names. can you change my name to mythbusta/starheather?
Old 11-11-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Can we stop thinking that every black QB is Vince Young, Freeman isnt all that mobile just like Jamarcus Russell isnt.
Really?Since when?He isn't Vince Young but he can still move around pretty well.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
bspen4
Rookie

bspen4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
He has over 300 rushing yards but your saying he isn't mobile?
bspen4 is offline   Reply With Quote