Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-17-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
99% of nfldc users need to stop whining like small children when people disagree with them.
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i found it for somewhere between 8-13$ per 12 oz bottle.
Sounds about right for nice beers. That is about what the St. Bernardus stuff runs at.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i still don't like storing it. the last couple i've had didn't taste like they'd store well. that said, who knows? you might get better results.
as they say in the sam adams commercials:

"always trust your palate"...

what's good for me may not be for you.
therefore, you probably don't like fish gut stew.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

Sounds about right for nice beers. That is about what the St. Bernardus stuff runs at.
Except 120 IPA comes in 12 oz bottles compared to 22 ozish bottles.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i hope being lyrical was intentional. also no. it sounds terrible.
i was a greek poet in a previous life. no, i wasn't Sappho, i couldn't be that kind of 'wife'.

fish gut stew isn't bad. korean food is a little odd. but don't knock it till you try it. ask bantx. his people eat dogs.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
shattering the dreams of well-read (or historied?) 13 year olds everywhere...
and by 13 year olds, you mean 13 year old girls... the obvious play was to sappho... i don't think you got it njx. sorry.

Quote:
i don't get korean food. burying cabbage in the ground until it rots? then eating it? *shakes head*
It doesn't rot per se... nor is it pickled... and it's not technically buried anymore, they have refrigerators for that... and it's in pots too, it's not like heads of cabbage are covered with dirt...

Quote:
then again. it's not like gefilte fish goes down smooth, crappy red wine or not.
SIMPLY MANISCHEWITZ...

crazy jewish cooking.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

the only things worse are franzia and miller lite.
Unless you are doing a Tour de Franzia. Box wine races.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Box wine, while nasty, can be a riot. Slap The Bag anyone?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that sounds like pretty much the worst idea anyone's ever had.
When I was in track back in HS, each year we had "the chocolate milk mile".

Quote:
Both, of course, a staple of any Texas A&M Greek Life member's drinking selection. Which, of course, makes me want to hit them.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone ever had Mirror Pond? I just had it this weekend and quite enjoyed it.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I was at a kegger this weekend and it was a keg of Bud Select... what an awful tasting beer.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I was at a kegger this weekend and it was a keg of Bud Select... what an awful tasting beer.
Not cheap either, as far as macros go. Stupid selection.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really want a Keg of Fat Tire... That sounds sooooo good.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Fat tire is the most overrated beer ever. I don't get the obsession, at all. I'd much rather spend that 9 bucks on something I enjoy. Soy sauce city.

they get smoked.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
milwaukee's best ice
Any beer with the word "ice" in it is a bad idea.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
I have to go into the depths of hell (Hull, Quebec) to legally buy alcohol, but I went tonight and got me some

At costco. Before that I had some:

Which I got at a grocery store. Yeah, pretty boring stuff but Quebec scares me. I'll get some of the other, less mainstream stuff when I'm old enough to buy where I live.
The advantages of living across the river from a place who will sell alchohol to any kid with money in their pockets. Crazy asians.

This is where it's at......
Old 11-18-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

'tis the season to drink good beer!

Old 11-18-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
'tis the season to drink good beer!

Haha. I just picked up one of those magnum's today. I see you have two and one from a previous year.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Haha. I just picked up one of those magnum's today. I see you have two and one from a previous year.
Yeah that one in the middle is from last year. Gonna get a collection going but I gotta start getting multiples so I can drink them at a year or two old and still have one for later.

We got the Abyss coming out this week and Goose Island's Bourbon County Stout is expected to be in town real soon as well. Real pumped about that one. Never had a chance to try any of their beers. Hopefully I can get my hands on at least a case. Stuff sounds like a can't miss.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
of the isle of lesbos. thus 13 year olds boys. =P
har har. a joke a 13 yr old boy would make. very funny.

Quote:
sometimes it's heads of cabbage AND other vegetables covered with dirt. either way, i prefer to drink rotting fruit and vegetables that've been burped out by small bacteria. especially when, as in the 120 minute, they leave some of the bacteria in the bottle. mmm, yeast.
at least its not 1000 year old egg with stinky tofu.

Quote:
both are extrodinarly bad, on top of anything with ice in the name... any light calorie beer...

Old 11-18-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
any light calorie beer...
If I am in the mood to get hammered, nothing is easier or cheaper than some good ole Lone Star Light.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Yeah that one in the middle is from last year. Gonna get a collection going but I gotta start getting multiples so I can drink them at a year or two old and still have one for later.

We got the Abyss coming out this week and Goose Island's Bourbon County Stout is expected to be in town real soon as well. Real pumped about that one. Never had a chance to try any of their beers. Hopefully I can get my hands on at least a case. Stuff sounds like a can't miss.
I have an empty magnum of 2005 on my dresser. We get one magnum every year for Christmas dinner, to split with my dad. And then just pick up six packs to satisfy us in the meantime. They are hard to come by. I only know of one store he in NJ that sells them. So I had to drive up there today to pick one up.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Box wine, while nasty, can be a riot. Slap The Bag anyone?
Not all boxed wines are nasty. Wish more came that way, as it's a far superior vessel. Like cans are for beer.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I have an empty magnum of 2005 on my dresser. We get one magnum every year for Christmas dinner, to split with my dad. And then just pick up six packs to satisfy us in the meantime. They are hard to come by. I only know of one store he in NJ that sells them. So I had to drive up there today to pick one up.
Dude I think you're the guy that first told me about those magnums. We got 'em all over the place around here. Not sure how I missed them before last year.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Not all boxed wines are nasty. Wish more came that way, as it's a far superior vessel. Like cans are for beer.
Wine in can is a fun one too.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Dude I think you're the guy that first told me about those magnums. We got 'em all over the place around here. Not sure how I missed them before last year.
You can get 6 packs and cases almost everywhere around here, but for some reason I only know of one store that carries the magnums. And it is about 40 minutes away. But that same store has the best selection I know of in NJ. I also walked out with two 12 oz bottles of Dogfish 120 minutes IPA and World Wide Stout.