Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default If Cincy gets the #1 overall pick....

If Cincy gets the #1 overall pick who do we want them take?

Obviously we would want them to pick a bust but what player could they logically pick that for whatever reason would make little or no impact on their team.

I'm going with Chris Wells because I think he is overrated and they would be better off with one of the elite tackles.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have Benson, Perry and Watson, Beanie Wells won't be the first pick.

I could see them taking a DT/DE if one shows he's good enough. If not I'm expecting Michael Oher in Cincy.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
What's so special about Benson, Perry and Watson? I could totally see them taking a Wells
Old 10-19-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
What's so special about Benson, Perry and Watson? I could totally see them taking a Wells
I could see wells but thats awfully high for I running back.

I hope they take wells because I don't think its the right move

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who gives a flying fuk?!?!?! It's fuking cincy!!!! They could take the greatest player of all time and still find a way to suck ass!!!! So far they've ruined Carson Palmer, Ocho Ass Fuko, Corey Dillon, T.J. Whosurmamma, Peter Warrick, Takeo Spikes, and on and on and on!!!! They're a fuking joke!!!! Always have been - always will be!! ALWAYS!!!!! Period!!!! End of discussion.

Last edited by CDub : 10-19-2008 at 10:29 PM.
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I could see them taking a DT/DE if one shows he's good enough. If not I'm expecting Michael Oher in Cincy.

So having terrible RBs means you don't take a RB?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah....this is a pretty lame thread, and I have made my fair share of lame thread, actualy we all have.

Really we should be more concerned with who we are going to get or target, I'm for either Safety or Tackle.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orakpo will shoot up and be drafted by Cincy!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
yeah....this is a pretty lame thread, and I have made my fair share of lame thread, actualy we all have.

Really we should be more concerned with who we are going to get or target, I'm for either Safety or Tackle.
Safety?????????

Old 10-21-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Safety?????????
Last year you said RB??????

Clark- solid player, but we could always try and find an upgrade or good backup
A. Smith- Sometimes good sometimes a moron
T. Carter- Seriously I am waiting for us to draft a safety to dump him
T. P- Amazing, we jsut need someone for when he is injured. A. Smith we'll see how he does this weekend.

Its mostly a backup/future starter safety. Lilke Timmons, Mendy, Woodly, just be prepared. You never no we might be in a position where no T or G are worth taking.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Last year you said RB??????

Clark- solid player, but we could always try and find an upgrade or good backup
A. Smith- Sometimes good sometimes a moron
T. Carter- Seriously I am waiting for us to draft a safety to dump him
T. P- Amazing, we jsut need someone for when he is injured. A. Smith we'll see how he does this weekend.

Its mostly a backup/future starter safety. Lilke Timmons, Mendy, Woodly, just be prepared. You never no we might be in a position where no T or G are worth taking.
Yeah, but last year no one expected Detroit to let Mendenhall to slip past them.

I don't mind finding a good player or a backup to Clark... but a first rounder is a little testy when we have obvious needs elsewhere.

That said:

I am expecting Starks to be signed 3-4 years for LT...
I am expecting McFadden to be signed 5 years @ CB...
I am expecting Colon to be signed RFA.
I am expecting Nate Washington to be signed again.
I am expecting Chris Kemoeatu to be signed again...

1) Vince Oghobaase, SDE/43NT, Duke ~ 6'6 310lbs

Could remind quite a few people of Albert Haynesworth. I know if there's 1 other guy than Aaron Smith I'd like at that 3-4 SDE position it'd be Big Al.

2) Andrew Gardner, OT, Georgia Tech ~ 6'6 308lbs

Not the most "Overpowering" OT but Reliable, Consistant and underrated. Reminds me of GB's unheralded Chad Clifton.

3) Fenuki Topou, OG/RT, Oregon ~ 6'5 330lbs

Positional Flexibility, great upside.

3c) Domonique Johnson, CB, Jackson State ~ 6'1 195lbs

Size/playstyle Similar to Rashean Mathis.. Potential may not be as high.

4) Sammie Stroughter, WR/RS, Oregon State ~ 5'9 185lbs

He's a speedy Slot receiver with elite return skills, do I need anything else to justify this? Oh yeah, and he's actually shown the capability to be a WR. he's not limited to returns only.

5) A.Q. Shipley, C/G, Penn State ~ 6'2 290lbs

This guy is just 100% all the time. He owned Terrance Taylor and I have yet to see him lose a 1 on 1 matchup. Worst case, he's a career and reliable interior backup. Best case he is a future OG/C.

6) Jamaal Westerman, OLB/DE, Rutgers ~ 6'3 265lbs

May be a bit faster than Wood coming out, may have a bit less strength, but they both have the Drive..

7) Cody Moore, NT, TCU ~ 6'1 295lbs

Not as Naturally gifted as some, but his hustle/determination allows him to be one of the most difficult NT's to move in college. A PS guy for a year or 2 to get his weight up and his game up to par in a 3-4.

7b) Anthony Scirrotto, FS, PSU ~ 6'1 200lbs

I think He will take the Backup FS spot and move Anthony Smith to SS taking Ty Carters spot.

7c) Brandon Nicolas, DT/DE, Colorado ~ 6'4 290lbs

Athletic Interior passrusher in college as a PS/developmental player.

2009 depth chart:

QB: Ben -- Dixon -- cheap FA/Batch
RB: Parker -- Mendenhall -- Moore -- Davis -- Russell
WR: Ward -- Holmes -- Nate -- Sweed -- Stroughter
TE: Miller -- Spaeth -- McHugh

LT: Starks -- Hills/Parquet
LG: Kemo -- Shipley
OC: Hartwig -- Stapleton
RG: Simmons -- Topou -- (Colon)
RT: Gardner -- Colon

Offense: 26

DE: Smith -- Oghobaase --
NT: Hampton -- Hoke
DE: Keisel -- Eason

OLB: Harrison -- A.Harrison -- Westerman
ILB: Timmons -- Foote
ILB: Farrior -- K. Fox
OLB: Woodley -- Davis

CB: Taylor -- Johnson
CB: McFadden -- Madison
CB: *** --
FS: Clark -- Scirrotto/Mundy
SS: Polamalu -- An.Smith

Defense: 24

ST's: 3 -- Reed, Sep, Warren

Offer Kemo a lowball deal or let him struggle to learn a new playbook.

It's not "Nice" but it's business.

If he chooses to leave you have Stapleton, Colon, Parquet and a Rookie or 2 to plug in.

OG seems one of the least demanding positions of a Rookie.

If We let Kemo go..

There's

If Kemo Walks we would potentially have:

Darnell Stapleton, Willie Colon, Fenuki Topou, Jeremy Parquet, A.Q. Shipley, Kendall Simmons(Hopefully we can get rid of him with minor to no cap implications)..

thats 6 guys who could potentially take an OG Spot..

Max Starks ~ Darnell Stapleton ~ Justin Hartwig ~ Willie Colon ~ Andrew Gardner
Tony Hills/AG~ A.Q. Shipley ~ Darnell Stapleton ~ A.Q Shipley ~ Fenuki Topou

Grooming Andrew Gardner as the Future LT in 2-3 Years.

You got:

Starks, Hills, Gardner for LT.
Stapleton, Shipley, Colon, Parquet, Simmons, Topou who could potentially play either Guard spot.

and Gardner, Topou who could play RT. 3 Guys capable of playing Center.

Nominate | Report

Posted: 10/20/2008 9:34 PM
Post Bengals Mock
I am expecting Starks to be signed 3-4 years for LT...
I am expecting McFadden to be signed 5 years @ CB...
I am expecting Colon to be signed RFA.
I am expecting Nate Washington to be signed again.
I am expecting Chris Kemoeatu to be signed again...

Could remind quite a few people of Albert Haynesworth. I know if there's 1 other guy than Aaron Smith I'd like at that 3-4 SDE position it'd be Big Al.

Not the most "Overpowering" OT but Reliable, Consistant and underrated. Reminds me of GB's unheralded Chad Clifton.

Positional Flexibility, great upside.

Size/playstyle Similar to Rashean Mathis.. Potential may not be as high.

He's a speedy Slot receiver with elite return skills, do I need anything else to justify this? Oh yeah, and he's actually shown the capability to be a WR. he's not limited to returns only.

This guy is just 100% all the time. He owned Terrance Taylor and I have yet to see him lose a 1 on 1 matchup. Worst case, he's a career and reliable interior backup. Best case he is a future OG/C.

May be a bit faster than Wood coming out, may have a bit less strength, but they both have the Drive..

Not as Naturally gifted as some, but his hustle/determination allows him to be one of the most difficult NT's to move in college. A PS guy for a year or 2 to get his weight up and his game up to par in a 3-4.

I think He will take the Backup FS spot and move Anthony Smith to SS taking Ty Carters spot.

Athletic Interior passrusher in college as a PS/developmental player.

Starks ~ Kemo ~ Hartwig ~ Colon ~ Gardner
Gardner ~ Stapleton ~ Stapleton ~ Topou ~ Topou

One guy I'm looking at in the 3c-4 area is..

Clinton McDonald, WDE/LB?, Memphis ~ 6'2 289lbs

Comparison: Cross between Justin Tuck and Levon Kirkland. Memphis is dropping this guy in coverage (Flats and 5-10 yard drop backs).. he's pressuring the QB from all 4 DL Positions and Sacking him. He was playing around in practice last week and dropped a 4.75 40 at 6'2 289lbs. If we could get him.. He could be a monster for LeBeau. See if you could drop him about 10-15 lbs.. he should get faster and stronger in a real Pro System.. Rush him from OLB, ILB, 3-4 DE and allow him to Undertackle in certain situations.

This is what I've been reading about him. I am currently downloading some games to get a personal eyes on review of him.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:52 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I think the Steelers are going to have to pick which FA they want to sign at least form the 2 that will command the most money.

BMac-who decided to show up and play corner, now that he has a contract on the line.
Starks-who is just a mountain of a man, sometimes a good tackle against elite Pass Rushers, other times gets chumped by nobodies.

There is no way the FO signs both, unless one comes for extra cheap.

Kemo thing is a bit of a mystery do we keep him or let him go. Keep him one less spot to worry about and he is still young. But will he want a big contract. IMO we find a way to sign him for a medium sized contract nothing ridiculous, but not dirt cheap.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
I think the Steelers are going to have to pick which FA they want to sign at least form the 2 that will command the most money.

BMac-who decided to show up and play corner, now that he has a contract on the line.
Starks-who is just a mountain of a man, sometimes a good tackle against elite Pass Rushers, other times gets chumped by nobodies.

There is no way the FO signs both, unless one comes for extra cheap.

Kemo thing is a bit of a mystery do we keep him or let him go. Keep him one less spot to worry about and he is still young. But will he want a big contract. IMO we find a way to sign him for a medium sized contract nothing ridiculous, but not dirt cheap.
They will have the money.

Especially if Townsend Retires. And it wouldn't be insane to think they can restructure someone else's contract either.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:53 AM    (permalink
JonasBlane
Rookie

JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We NEED to resign McFadden. We finally have a good group of CBs. I will be choked if we have to go back to having a mediocre core of CB's.

As for Starks, let him the hell go. He hit the lottery this year from one of our FO's few blunders by signing him to a franchise deal. There wasn't much of a market for him last year, I see there being even less of one this year. If we can get him for really cheap, sure. But we can't pay him a decent contract.

As far as the draft goes, we need to address the two lines. The OL needs the highest priority, because it is broken now, and needs immediate help. DL just needs depth, and young guys to fill in down the road for the old guys. Even if there's a Mendenhall type talent available at 32, I still think we have to address one of the lines.
JonasBlane is offline   Reply With Quote