Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 11-19-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We may need to unite behind him but we also need to start planning for life after Trent. If we don't draft a QB this year I think it will be a HUGE mistake.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now, I dont really have an opinion on Edwards. I don't really think he's the future, but I still feel that he can be good.

Now, hypothetically speaking, let's say McNabb is released following this season. Do you think we should give him an offer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Right now, I dont really have an opinion on Edwards. I don't really think he's the future, but I still feel that he can be good.

Now, hypothetically speaking, let's say McNabb is released following this season. Do you think we should give him an offer?
So he can look like an idiot for us when he plays for a tie? I don't think so.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post

We never get those type of players. I doubt he would even come here. What if he gets injured, what if he sucks, he is getting older which is not good for a pretty mobile QB. I wouldn't want to do it yet. Besides hasn't Edwards looked better in his first full season than Eli? IMO, yes.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
We never get those type of players. I doubt he would even come here. What if he gets injured, what if he sucks, he is getting older which is not good for a pretty mobile QB. I wouldn't want to do it yet. Besides hasn't Edwards looked better in his first full season than Eli? IMO, yes.
He has completely collapsed when the pressure got on him all season. The only reason we started 4-0 was because of defense and special teams. Trent Edwards needs to improve his big game mentality for me to fully give him my support
Old 11-20-2008, 01:39 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Is everyone else thinking that the Colts will let Jeff Saturday walk in free agency? They drafted 3 centers this past year and Jamey Richard has done a great job in Saturday's absence. If in fact he's on the market, I'd love for the Bills to sign him. He's a true line general at center who will instantly make our line better.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Is everyone else thinking that the Colts will let Jeff Saturday walk in free agency? They drafted 3 centers this past year and Jamey Richard has done a great job in Saturday's absence. If in fact he's on the market, I'd love for the Bills to sign him. He's a true line general at center who will instantly make our line better.
Yeah but will Jeff Saturday come to Buffalo?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
It's worth a shot. He seems like a lunch pail kind of guy that would fit in a blue collar town like Buffalo.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would say there is a better chance Saturday would come before McNabb would. I dont think Saturday would completely ride off the Bills. Indianapolis is somewhat similar to Buffalo.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

Wow the Bulls are on the front page of ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/etick...page=buffalo58

Old 11-20-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^That's pretty cool to see.
Here's the homepage http://espn.go.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah very nice article

Old 11-20-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

That should be made into a movie
Old 11-20-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That should be made into a movie
Too soon after "The Express".....

It may be made when a UB alum (me) finally makes it to Hollywood

Old 11-20-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Quote:
He has completely collapsed when the pressure got on him all season. The only reason we started 4-0 was because of defense and special teams. Trent Edwards needs to improve his big game mentality for me to fully give him my support

Sorry SuperKevin, but I do need to call you out on this because I am a little confused by what you are trying to say.

First, when you talk about "big game mentality" are you just talking about games against winning teams or Monday night games or what? Because for every game and nearly every play this season, pre-concussion, Trent was playing like a big game quaterback from what I saw.

What about 20 for 25 and a game winning touchdown against the Jags. No Int's.

What about the Raiders game where Trent led the charge for a 17 point 4th quarter so we as Bills fans dont have to bare the shame of losing to the Raiders?

This brings me to my second point, how has it that you feel the only reason we went 4 and 0 is because of the defense and special teams? Because those comebacks scores didnt just happen by themself.

Im not saying it wasnt the main reason but because Trent was playing with a big game mentality preconscussion, we were able to win those games, not just on defense and ST, but because we had some really good, efficient QB play. I am not sure on the facts but I know his QB rating was ridiculous for the first 4 games. This was with a very stagnet running attack.

Sorry to go on a tangent but if Marshawn head turned on beast mode a little ealier in the season and not just this Monday we might be still right behind the Titans in the AFC. To see the way he played against a miserable Rams rush defense(19 for 57, no TD's) as compared to someone like Thomas Jones (26 for 149, 3 TD's) is kind of sad. Seeing the way he played Monday though felt good and there should be more of that next sunday against the 29th rated rush defense of the Chiefs but he NEEDS to step it up.

Im just trying to say, dont sell out Trent so quick. He is going through a though stretch right now. We have some serious injury issues at wide out right now aswell, which the Browns took advantage of by the way. Trent just needs his confidence back and he will be fine. He is the best thing at QB that we have had in a long time and it really does feel good to know that. He is the teams future for sure in my mind.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UT OH my two favorite teams are playing. GOOD LUCK BILLS!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
Wow the Bulls are on the front page of ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/etick...page=buffalo58
That rules. I thought this story was just about played up as much as it was going to be, but I guess with them being eligible now they're really going with it. That rules. A win would be so nice on Friday.

Quote:
Too soon after "The Express".....

It may be made when a UB alum (me) finally makes it to Hollywood
I figure by that time I might actually look like I'm college aged, so save a role for your buddy. I can do blackface if need be.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

I can't be the only person here with doubts about Trent Edwards. Can I?
Old 11-20-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course there are doubts. But I personally feel saying things like "We have to draft a future starting QB this year" is overreacting. I know you can say based on his body of work that he hasn't shown that he can lead this franchise, I won't disagree. But I'm giving it at least until the season plays out.

What round are you thinking to go QB? We already need another backup after this season, how early would you want one for them to be able to lead "life after Trent"?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Of course there are doubts. But I personally feel saying things like "We have to draft a future starting QB this year" is overreacting. If Drew Willy was there at our low teens pick then yes, go for it all the way, but we all know he won't last that long.

What round are you thinking to go QB? We already need another backup after this season, how early would you want one for them to be able to lead "life after Trent"?
If a guy like Nate Davis were to declare and be there in round 2 I'd jump all over it.

If not I'd wait to see if anyone wowed us in the 3rd round much like we did with Trent in the first place.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Quote:
If a guy like Nate Davis were to declare and be there in round 2 I'd jump all over it.

If not I'd wait to see if anyone wowed us in the 3rd round much like we did with Trent in the first place.
Yes we do need a back up QB but to use a second round pick on one.... Idk about that.
You dont think we should look more towards tight end or oline with early picks?
Old 11-20-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

I agree with McGee, I do have doubts regarding Edwards but I don't its necessary to draft a quarterback early this year

Old 11-20-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

I do want to say this though.

If Trent cant get it done against some of the defenses we are playing over the next couple of weeks, I will probably change my tune quick. I want to see some college football like scores get posted against the Chiefs and 49ers. There should be NO REASON the Bills should struggle against them.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
I do want to say this though.

If Trent cant get it done against some of the defenses we are playing over the next couple of weeks, I will probably change my tune quick. I want to see some college football like scores get posted against the Chiefs and 49ers. There should be NO REASON the Bills should struggle against them.
I don't know if we should have needed a 17 point rally to beat the Raiders or a 4th quarter comeback to beat the Rams either.

For all this Trent Edwards bashing I'm doing I will admit that most of his poor play is probably due to that nasty concussion he got. Concussions can affect a player for weeks.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

Quote:
I don't know if we should have needed a 17 point rally to beat the Raiders or a 4th quarter comeback to beat the Rams either.

For all this Trent Edwards bashing I'm doing I will admit that most of his poor play is probably due to that nasty concussion he got. Concussions can affect a player for weeks.
I hope you're right. Besides I hate QB contreversies. Flutie Vs. Johnson, J.P. Vs. Holcomb, J.P. Vs. Trent. I hate them all. Just stick with one QB and stick with them for a good amount of time.