Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
I know this thread will be everyone posting their own team's favorite position coaches but I think this guy is legit, so I'll contribute.
^^^^^......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Ok, this went away from actually good suggestions to people just stating the position coaches on their respective teams.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am really worried that Josh McDaniels won't be back in New England next year.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:11 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I am really worried that Josh McDaniels won't be back in New England next year.
I don't know where he could go, honestly.

List of teams that will more than likely need a new coach.

St. Louis
Detroit
Cincinnati
Cleveland (big possibility, but doubtful)
Kansas City (" ")
Minnesota
Oakland
San Francisco

Of those, the only teams i could see going with a young, inexperienced guy is Detroit and Kansas City.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
If Spags leaves to become a HC somewhere else, I hope we promote Sheridan. I don't want a guy to be brought in from somewhere else because I want to run the same scheme. Also what do you think of Mike Waufle, our D-line coach? I think he is our best position coach on defense, but that doesn't neccesarily mean he will make a good DC. As I'v seen Sheridan mentioned more often as well, to take over if Spags leaves.
if spags leaves and Sheridan gets promoted to DC, you know what that means right? Our new LB coach <33333
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a feeling that the Titans will lose a couple of coaches this offseason.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Bears could be in line for new Coordinators on both sides of the ball. The defense has sunk into nothingness so Babich needs to go....I wish Lovie would pull a Wade Phillips and take over the defensive playcalling, see if he can manage anything with it. And Ron Turner.....agghhh....if not for Minnesota, he would probably be the most uncreative playcaller in football.

I think I'd like to see if we have someone from within to promote to DC, but I'd like to find a new OC to bring in a different scheme. Possibly someone from the college ranks? idk.....
Old 11-21-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear Eagles, my Rams would take Andy Reid off our hands. Granted we will prolly go for some offensive coordinator on an 8-8 team. Oh, oh...Atlanta's offensive coordinator, ur our new head coach!
Old 11-21-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
For the Titans...

Jim Schwartz - DC

Dave McGinnis - LB's/Ass. HC

Mike Munchak - OL

Jim Washburn - DL

Chuck Cecil - DB's
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
you can add Tenn LB coach to that list as well.
I'll answer both of these since it pertains to the same individual. It's going to be interesting to see if Dave McGinnis will be given another shot at a head coaching job. He's done a great job as an assistant coach/linebackers coach for the Titans, however, he seems to lack the strategy necessary to become a successful HC. I didn't think he was that bad in Arizona but he seems more like a great assistant than head coach. Jim Schwartz I think will be given a chance more than any other coach on the Titans staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
If Spags leaves to become a HC somewhere else, I hope we promote Sheridan. I don't want a guy to be brought in from somewhere else because I want to run the same scheme. Also what do you think of Mike Waufle, our D-line coach? I think he is our best position coach on defense, but that doesn't neccesarily mean he will make a good DC. As I'v seen Sheridan mentioned more often as well, to take over if Spags leaves.
I love the Giants DL and think there one of the most talented and disciplined in the league. He's mostly coached DL through his carrer and his units have posted some great numbers. What concerns me about him being promoted to DC is this: 1) he's old. Sure, there are old coordinators in the NFL but most have been in that position for quite a while. 2) He's not diversified enough. Looks at Spags: he coached linebackers and the secondary while in Philly. 28 of Waufle's 31 years as a coach are as a DL coach and for me that is a big concern.

IMO, Waufle is better suited as a phenomenal position coach but nothing more.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I know Pendergast and Grimm are on a lot of people HC watch lists
I'm a big fan of Grimm but not that big of a fan of Pendergast for some reason. I think Grimm will be a HC within the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Rex Ryan

Defensive Coordinator; born December 13, 1962, Ardmore, Okla. Defensive end Southwest Oklahoma State 1983-86. No pro playing experience. College coach: Eastern Kentucky 1987-88, New Mexico Highlands 1989, Morehead State 1990-93, Cincinnati 1996-97, Oklahoma 1998. Pro coach: Arizona Cardinals 1994-95, joined Ravens in 1999.

I like Rex Ryan, and think he's a great DC, but I don't think his success will translate well as a HC, must like happened with his father.

Ron Rivera

Defensive Coordinator; born January 7, 1962, Fort Ord, Calif. Linebacker California 1980-83. Pro linebacker Chicago Bears 1984-1992. Pro coach: Chicago Bears 1997-98, Philadelphia Eagles 1999-2003, re-joined Bears in 2004.

I really like him as a HC candidate and think he'd work wonders in a place like St. Louis. Not so much Detroit, though.

Mike Shula

Quarterbacks; born June 3, 1965, Baltimore. Quarterback, Alabama 1984-86. No pro playing experience. College coach: Alabama 2003-06 (head coach). Pro coach: Miami Dolphins 1991-92, Chicago Bears 1993-95, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1996-99, Miami Dolphins 2000-02, joined Jaguars in 2007.

He's a long way off from being considered as a HC or even an OC for that matter. I like his run-first mentality, and his persona harkens back to the old-school days of smash mouth, but he didn't have success as a college HC. His Alabama team was known for not finishing games and regularly got their asses handed to them in the 4th quarter. Not someone I'd want coaching my team.

Josh McDainels

Offensive Coordinator/ Quarterbacks; born April 22, 1976, Canton, Ohio. Wide receiver John Carroll 1995-98. No pro playing experience. College coach: Michigan State 1999-2000. Pro coach: Joined Patriots in 2001.

He will become a HC sooner than later despite Bill Belichick wanting to keep him. I credit a lot of Bellichick and Brady's success to him esp after he made the Patriots respectable even with Jabar Gaffney as their go-to-guy one year. I think he's a more balanced version of Jason Garrett.

Brian Schottenheimer

Offensive Coordinator; born October 16, 1973, Denver. Quarterback Kansas 1992, Florida 1993-96. No pro playing experience. College coach: Syracuse 1999, Southern California 2000. Pro coach: St. Louis Rams 1997, Kansas City Chiefs 1998, Washington Redskins 2001, San Diego Chargers 2002-05, joined Jets in 2006.

Always a hot name to bring up just based on last name recognition. What concerns me is how often he has hopped around, with his longest stint being with a team for only 4 years and that was while his Dad was HC. What I like about him is that he tries to put the ball in the hands of his playmakers but this can also backfire. I'm not 100% sold on him yet until he proves to me that he can be a successful OC. He's starting to prove that, though.

Jason Garret

Offensive Coordinator; born March 28, 1966, 1966 Abington, Pa. Quarterback Princeton 1987-88. Pro quarterback San Antonio Riders (World League) 1991, Ottawa Roughriders (CFL) 1991, Dallas Cowboys 1993-99, New York Giants 2000-03, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2004, Miami Dolphins 2004. College coach: Princeton 1990. Pro coach: Miami Dolphins 2005-06, joined Cowboys in 2007.

He's going to be a HC.

Rob Ryan

Defensive Coordinator; born December 13, 1962, Ardmore, Okla. Linebacker Oklahoma State 1984, Southwestern Oklahoma State 1985-86. No pro playing experience. College coach: Western Kentucky 1987, Ohio State 1988, Tennessee State 1989-1993, Hutchinson (Kan.) C.C. 1996, Oklahoma State 1997-99. Pro coach: Arizona Cardinals 1994-95, New England Patriots 2000-03, joined Raiders in 2004.

Eh. Most people love or hate him. If he would have gone anywhere else other than Oakland I think he would have been given a chance at a HC position. He's done more with less talent than his brother, Rex. I see him as a moderately successful HC but an excellent DC.

Ken Anderson

Quarterbacks; born february 15, 1949, Batavia, Ill. Quarterback Augustana (Ill.) 1967-1970. Pro Quarterback Cincinnati Bengals 1971-1986. Pro coach: Cincinnati Bengals 1992-2002, Jacksonville Jaguars 2003-2006, joined Steelers in 2007.

He's going to have to prove a lot more to me. I'll give him a mulligan this year since Roethlisberger can't complete a pass while laying down or getting smacked harder than Jenna Jameson's ass in an adult movie. He's someone to keep an eye on but isn't a noticeable rising star.... Yet.

Clarence Shelmon

Offensive coordinator; born September 17, 1952, Bossier City, La. Running back Houston 1971-75. No pro playing experience. College coach: Army 1978-1980, Indiana 1981-83, Arizona 1984-86, Southern California 1987-1990. Pro coach: Los Angeles Rams 1991, Seattle Seahawks 1992-97, Dallas Cowboys 1998-2001, joined Chargers in 2002.

Uh. Eh. Hmm... I'm not so sure about this one.

Jim Hostler

Offensive Coordinator; born November 11, 1966, Pittsburgh. Defensive back Indiana (Pa.) 1986-89. College coach: Indiana (Pa.) 1990-92, 1994-99, Juanita (Pa.) 1993. Pro coach: Kansas City Chiefs 2000, New Orleans Saints 2001-02, New York Jets 2003-04, joined 49ers in 2005.

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah. Right...

Chuck Cecil

Asst. Coach/Safeties And Nickel Backs; born November 8, 1964, Red Bluff, Calif. Defensive back Arizona 1983-87. Pro safety Green Bay Packers 1988-1992, Phoenix Cardinals 1993, Houston Oilers 1995. Pro coach: Joined Titans in 2001.

Definitely can see him getting a job as a DC somewhere in the near future, esp. with the success that the Tennessee secondary is having now.

Jim Schwartz

Defensive Coordinator; born June 2, 1966, Baltimore. Linebacker Georgetown 1984-88. No pro playing experience. College coach: Maryland 1989, Minnesota 1990, North Carolina Central 1991, Colgate 1992. Pro coach: Cleveland Browns/Baltimore Ravens 1995-98, joined Titans in 1999.

He will be given a shot as a HC some time in the near future. I like him a lot and think he'd be a very tough HC to play against.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
For the Titans...

Jim Schwartz - DC

Dave McGinnis - LB's/Ass. HC

Mike Munchak - OL

Jim Washburn - DL

Chuck Cecil - DB's
I don't think Munchak will go anywehere, I mean the Titans should be grateful to him for churning out great lineman who come via mid round picks. If anything, probably Washburn has the best chance to make it to DC somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raheem Morris is spot on. He's the next Mike Tomlin.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I think the Bears could be in line for new Coordinators on both sides of the ball. The defense has sunk into nothingness so Babich needs to go....I wish Lovie would pull a Wade Phillips and take over the defensive playcalling, see if he can manage anything with it. And Ron Turner.....agghhh....if not for Minnesota, he would probably be the most uncreative playcaller in football.

I think I'd like to see if we have someone from within to promote to DC, but I'd like to find a new OC to bring in a different scheme. Possibly someone from the college ranks? idk.....
What Babich is awesome (throws up in mouth)

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
I'll answer both of these since it pertains to the same individual. It's going to be interesting to see if Dave McGinnis will be given another shot at a head coaching job. He's done a great job as an assistant coach/linebackers coach for the Titans, however, he seems to lack the strategy necessary to become a successful HC. I didn't think he was that bad in Arizona but he seems more like a great assistant than head coach. Jim Schwartz I think will be given a chance more than any other coach on the Titans staff.
Schwartz will make an excellent HC, and whichever team puts in the patience towards him will be rewarded. I'd expect McGinnis to take over the DC position at Tennessee, or expect Fisher to promote someone else from within.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan
I don't think Munchak will go anywehere, I mean the Titans should be grateful to him for churning out great lineman who come via mid round picks. If anything, probably Washburn has the best chance to make it to DC somewhere.
I hope we retain as many coaches as possible. Munchak and Washburn are two of the best position coaches in the NFL, in my opinion.

I think both stay. For whatever reason, I think Chuck Cecil will get a DC gig somewhere. Nothing but my gut is telling me that - especially if Schwartz pulls a Spagnuolo and stays. I certainly didn't see Sherman being offered OC by the Redskins last offseason.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:03 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So here's the question who would possibly be an OC to run close to this scheme...

Run game:
*Utilizes the Fullback position as both a runner and a blocker.
*Designs plays to get the best out of their players (Build the pass off the playaction and use screens/sweeps and misdirection plays to get their Speedy RB on the outside)

Pass Game:

*Build off the run but can build the run off the pass depending on opponent.
*Doesn't abandon something.
*Isn't afraid of 1/3 Step drops
*Is a "Qb's coach/Coordinator"

I know I'm looking for the perfect coordinator but even someone 70% of this good would take Pittsburghs offense to a new level

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
So here's the question who would possibly be an OC to run close to this scheme...

Run game:
*Utilizes the Fullback position as both a runner and a blocker.
*Designs plays to get the best out of their players (Build the pass off the playaction and use screens/sweeps and misdirection plays to get their Speedy RB on the outside)

Pass Game:

*Build off the run but can build the run off the pass depending on opponent.
*Doesn't abandon something.
*Isn't afraid of 1/3 Step drops
*Is a "Qb's coach/Coordinator"

I know I'm looking for the perfect coordinator but even someone 70% of this good would take Pittsburghs offense to a new level
Steve Sarkisian at USC sounds a lot like the guy you are describing, but I really hope he doesnt bail and go to the NFL.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Of those, the only teams i could see going with a young, inexperienced guy is Detroit and Kansas City.
Why can't you see Oakland, a team who has broken the record for hiring the youngest head coach in the NFL three times, hiring a young guy?
Old 11-22-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Why can't you see Oakland, a team who has broken the record for hiring the youngest head coach in the NFL three times, hiring a young guy?
Because Fassel's the only one willing to take the job.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh McDaniels would never interview for the Raiders job. In fact no well respected OC or DC will waste their time. Raider fans should be jumping up and down for Fassel, we are extremely lucky anyone would want to coach this disaster.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Because Fassel's the only one willing to take the job.
Come on now. Kiffin was an assistant offensive coordinator and scouting director in college before being Oakland's head coach. There's plenty of people who could be fasttracked into the NFL limelight in Al Davis' coaching search. Fassell is a thought, but there's no doubt that some previously unheard names will surface, and I'm sure some of them will be pretty young.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

With multiple media outlets announcing that Kiffin is following his son to Tennessee, I guess we can assume Raheem is now the Bucs heir to the T2 throne.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Come on now. Kiffin was an assistant offensive coordinator and scouting director in college before being Oakland's head coach. There's plenty of people who could be fasttracked into the NFL limelight in Al Davis' coaching search. Fassell is a thought, but there's no doubt that some previously unheard names will surface, and I'm sure some of them will be pretty young.
Yeah, add the fact that you only get 1-1.5 seasons and then you're a free agent.

And with Oakland, and Al Davis, you're name will be in the news.. a lot!

Old 11-30-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
With multiple media outlets announcing that Kiffin is following his son to Tennessee, I guess we can assume Raheem is now the Bucs heir to the T2 throne.
Lucky for you. There was a rumor going around that if we win the Superbowl this year that LeBeau was going to retire and Pitt was supposedly going to transition to a T2... (I don't know why) but there was a rumor going around.

I would've assumed that Morris would have been Tomlins first choice for DC.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
/me mounts BB

I was gonna bring that up in this very thread, yet you beat me off..I mean to it.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
zCaddyz
Rookie

zCaddyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

its gonna be hard when kiffin goes, but morris is the only guy who i would want to take over the dc spot.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bill Sherridan is one of them!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote