Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-07-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck
While I'd love to choose California, that defense lost way too much for them to be considered any kind of favorite for anything be 2nd place in the Pac-10. The remaining defensive players certainly have potential, but Mbakogu is going to have to step up majorly, as will the linebacker corps (let's hope Desmond's younger brother can mimick him). It helps that Mixon is coming back (I believe), but that secondary is going to be a bit exposed.

As for the offense, it is going to be explosive. Best, Vereen, and Forsett are going to combine to absolutely slash up Pac 10 defenses, and Jackson could very well have a Heisman year, as long as Longshore can put in another good year.
Dont forget DeCoud, the most ferocious hitter in the Pac-10 is back and Syd will be def better after gettin abused his freshman year. Vereen may just play both ways as a CB also and follett will pick up the slack at LB.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
AZ9er

Texas v. WVU
USC v. WVU
Florida v. WVU

WVU in it.

Returning:
Pat White, QB
Steve Slaton, RB
Darius Reynard, WR.KR
Dorrell Jalloh, WR
Antonio Lewis, DB
Vaughn Rivers, DB
Keilen Dykes, NT
Bobby hathway, LB
pat Lieberg, DE
Marc Margo, LB
Ridwan mailk, DB
Owen Scmitt, FB
Larry Williams, DB
Dwayne Thompson, WR
reed williams
MOST of THERE o-line

They will have the offensive numbers, and last years defense was susceptible to big plays, but with 8 starters comming back, and 6 other players seeing time in at least 10 games their defense will be much better than its mid 60's national ranking.

If they can even have a top 3 defense, run the spread offense with even 4-8 more throws a game damnnnnn watch out

WVU got it next year
Old 02-09-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Charles Rogers v. The world

Winner: Charles Rogers

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
FunJokeshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education
Texas v. WVU
USC v. WVU
Florida v. WVU

WVU in it.

Returning:
Pat White, QB
Steve Slaton, RB
Darius Reynard, WR.KR
Dorrell Jalloh, WR
Antonio Lewis, DB
Vaughn Rivers, DB
Keilen Dykes, NT
Bobby hathway, LB
pat Lieberg, DE
Marc Margo, LB
Ridwan mailk, DB
Owen Scmitt, FB
Larry Williams, DB
Dwayne Thompson, WR
reed williams
MOST of THERE o-line

They will have the offensive numbers, and last years defense was susceptible to big plays, but with 8 starters comming back, and 6 other players seeing time in at least 10 games their defense will be much better than its mid 60's national ranking.

If they can even have a top 3 defense, run the spread offense with even 4-8 more throws a game damnnnnn watch out

WVU got it next year
i agree that WVU will be in the 'ship...but a top 3 defense is a little far fetched for them IMO...i think if they just improve to top 30-40 then they will be alright because their offense is prolly the best in the country at the moment IMO
Old 02-09-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

getting back on topic, i dont think everyone should just be listing the most talented teams, teams that have the easiest schedule and who are the best in the conference will most likely make it...

Texas is going to beat Oklahoma again, and with mccoy, sweed, and charles it be very hard for us to lose in conference...but there are upsets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
AZ9er

woop i meant top 30 LOLLLLL my bad no way they have top threee or they would win it easily and be on of the top 10 teams ever
Old 02-09-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Wisconsin can go undefeated, but their strength of schedule may be iffy

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texas and Louisville

I think USC will be upset by a Pac-10 team (Arizona State or Oregon) so not them, which seems to be a pretty popular pick.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

oregon? you got to be kidding...they cant even figure out who their QB is

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone, it's ucla that has the best chance to upset usc.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

or cal.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:40 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

i'd say Cal has the best chance if anyone...UCLA will get blown out again next year...they lost some key players on defense and USC will be mad after this past year and run the score up on them. my prediction is USC sticks it to them and Karl Dorrell is fired afterwards

Old 02-11-2007, 08:10 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNJ83
Wow sweetness that was a moronic statement.
Ok... :?

Notre Dame SHOULDN'T make a bowl next season, there that better? :roll:

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
i'd say Cal has the best chance if anyone...UCLA will get blown out again next year...they lost some key players on defense and USC will be mad after this past year and run the score up on them. my prediction is USC sticks it to them and Karl Dorrell is fired afterwards
lost some key players but bolstered their staff. I wouldn't be surprised if their defense was even better this year.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami vs FIU 8)

Miami vs someone regardless
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

whose defense, UCLA? i doubt it will be better next year but regardless they wont upset USC next year

Old 02-11-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:

You only to win 6 games to become bowl eligible. I don't see 7 games on their 2007 schedule that they can lose.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman
RUTGERS!- seriously they could go undefeated if they beat Louisville at Louisville
Try beating Cincinnati first.
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC will be untouchable. Their whole defense returns and most of their offense. The players they lose on offense, will easily be replaced by future NFLers. Nobody will come close next season.
As for their opponent, watch out for Florida St. which also returns everybody and now that Bowden's son isn't involved, their offense may finally jell.
Certainly these schools will challange Florida St.:
Tennessee
Michigan
Texas
West Virginia
But nobody will challange USC.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:30 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my opinion, it’s a bit early to make definitive statements such as “nobody will challenge”. These are kids we are talking about, so anything can happen. Certainly, schools like USC have a greater margin of era, but to make definitive statements is a leap, IMO. But for any team to get to the title game, it’s going to take a little bit of luck. As of now, I think I like

Wisconsin – I don’t think the Big 10 is going to be all that strong next year. They get Michigan at home, which helps. Ohio State would seem to be the big road impediment, but as of now, I think the Badgers can handle that one this year.

Texas – This was a tough call, but I’ll lean the Longhorns. There’s only 2 games that look really daunting, Oklahoma and at Texas A&M. I think they get Oklahoma at a nice spot, when the transitioning pieces are still coming together. And I think Texas A&M is at a nice spot for them as well, as it’s at the end, when the hope would be that the transitioned pieces for Texas have melded in.

Other thoughts:

Big East – I think the balance could hurt their chances. I’m not sold on the Mountaineers defense improving enough as of now. I think South Florida is going to be solid again. My favorite now would be Louisville, but I think there’s enough balance there to limit the Big East’s chances.

ACC – Was awful tempted to pick Virginia Tech or Boston College over Texas. In the end, it’s got nothing to do with Glennon at QB, but more to do with that, the Coastal should have a solid foursome. Miami looks good on paper, as does Georgia Tech. Virginia should be improved, and who knows what Butch Davis can do? BC should be the class of the Atlantic, but I’m not sure they are that good to survive their schedule. Road trips to Virginia Tech/Georgia Tech loom, and the Maryland/Clemson/Miami finish could cause them problems. Add in the conference title game, and it’s hard for me to see an ACC squad there.

Big 12 – I was really tempted to put Texas A&M up there, but in the end, the nod goes to Texas as the talent is better. But the Aggies should be a top squad, and it wouldn’t surprise me if they are somehow in the title game. There’s an early trip to Miami that could end any thoughts, though. I like Oklahoma, but not sure they can gel in time. Another year, maybe. The North seems like it’s going to be the lesser of the two divisions. Nebraska’s got too many changes. I like Ron Prince’s kids at Kansas State, but out of the gate, the nod probably goes to Missouri.

Big 10 – Michigan’s defensive losses worry me, but in the end, it came down to the fact that they go on the road to Wisconsin. Ohio State, I think, is a year away.

Pac 10 – Number 3 on my list would’ve been a Pac 10 squad … UCLA. Everyone has USC penciled in … but UCLA returns a quality, loaded squad. In the end, I think people underestimate the Pac-10, which should be a very quality conference next year, and I’m not sure USC is dominant enough to not get a blemish. I like UCLA on paper over USC at this early stage, due to UCLA’s defense.

SEC – Tennessee was there in the final grouping of teams I was thinking about, but for some reason, I’m not gung ho about them. Florida will take a year back, but Georgia should be much better, I think, provided Stafford grows. That said, Kentucky/South Carolina return two very complete squads, and this should be a balanced East. Out West, LSU should be a loaded team again … but I really like Auburn, and Nick Saban will help Alabama a lot. Arkansas’ defensive losses hurt, but they should still be good again. At the end of the day, I think the balance of the SEC hurts their chances, along with the additional title game, but hey, Florida proved everyone wrong this past year.

Mid-majors and independents – Don’t see Notre Dame. Too many losses. As for the mid-majors, that wasn’t even a consideration. I’m not sure there’s going to be a mid-major good enough to challenge for a BCS spot, although TCU seems to be the presumptive challenger.

That said, it’s ridiculously early and anything can happen.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:09 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:

You only to win 6 games to become bowl eligible. I don't see 7 games on their 2007 schedule that they can lose.
I know that, but what I was saying is that they shouldn't be in a bowl game. They play a cup cake schedule that gets them bowl eligible and then they get smoked against the best teams in College Football.

Last year they got blasted by tOSU in the Fiesta Bowl, and this year they got smacked by LSU in the Sugar Bowl.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:22 AM    (permalink

USC VS FLORIDA
Old 02-18-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk
Quote:
RUTGERS!- seriously they could go undefeated if they beat Louisville at Louisville

Louisville vs. Wisconsin.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

dcrls hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by etk
Quote:

Louisville vs. Wisconsin.

and louisville, and west virgina, and even south florida. dont get ahead of yourself

Lionsmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.
dcrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC vs. LSU

Michigan migth have a shot since i dont see them loosing to OSU this year but they are going to be prone to an upset but they definitly have a shot if they can stay focused all year.

Florida lost too much and won't rebound next year but in two years watch out.

West virginia has a chance but needs michigan and lsu to have atleast one loss or else they may be passed over cpming froma weak conference