Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-01-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I hate math, and I have been on these two questions for about three hours. My TA is an absolute moron and this is much higher level stuff than we have done.

1) 3x^6+7x^5-3x^4-101x^3-102x^2+580x-312<0

2) Describe the solution set of the inequality e^(.001x)>x^(100821)

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
Old 12-01-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bump...nobody? I will +rep you every time i see your name.. This is ridiculously beyond my level and I have no idea how to do it!
Old 12-01-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
36) Determine the empirical formula of 63.50% Silver, 8.25% Nitrogen, and 28.25% oxygen.

37) Determine Determine the empirical formula of 52.11% carbon, 13.14% hydrogen, and 34.75% oxygen.
Assume 100g of substance. Which makes it 63.5g of silver, 8.25g of Nitrogen etc. Then convert grams to moles (molar mass(divide each value by it's atomic number)). Then divide all the values by the lowest. So you'll have one of the moles at 1. If you have a value like .5 multiply everything by two to get even numbers.

If you still don't get it, I'll actually do the question.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
Bump...nobody? I will +rep you every time i see your name.. This is ridiculously beyond my level and I have no idea how to do it!
Sorry man. I'm done with required math for the rest of my life, therefore, it is nonexistent to me.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
You have no idea how to get that 10.81?

Go look at the atomic weight in the periodic table.

Silver = 107.86
Nitrogen = 14.01

etc. etc.
I am a true moron... I tried everything but that... I even divided the percentage by Avogardo's number... that is all I really needed to understand how to do it, but Eaglez.Fan simplified it even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
Assume 100g of substance. Which makes it 63.5g of silver, 8.25g of Nitrogen etc. Then convert grams to moles (molar mass(divide each value by it's atomic number)). Then divide all the values by the lowest. So you'll have one of the moles at 1. If you have a value like .5 multiply everything by two to get even numbers.

If you still don't get it, I'll actually do the question.
Thanks this made it much simpler than what they had in the text book, they wanted me to divide by 1 etc etc. long and unecsessary process.

I really suck at this subject so I'll be posting a lot of HW help, like today I might

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So, I hate math, and I have been on these two questions for about three hours. My TA is an absolute moron and this is much higher level stuff than we have done.

1) 3x^6+7x^5-3x^4-101x^3-102x^2+580x-312<0

2) Describe the solution set of the inequality e^(.001x)>x^(100821)

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
too bad. i coulda done that. i think.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
was this already due?
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
was this already due?
yes.

three hours after posting.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
yes.

three hours after posting.
wow. bad idea.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
7.22/7.22 = 1
21.7/7.22= 3.01

so the answer is 1 mol B: 3.01 mol H
in all technicality. all that means is BH3... or by it's common name. borane.

don't they teach you all about significant figures in chemistry? because 21.7/7.22 = 3.0 +/- .1

Old 12-03-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Yeah, it was due today at one. I got the first one, but the second one was too hard. I got as far as I could and then stopped. Thanks anyway guys.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a research paper due tomorrow and im having trouble finding articles to quote from

Im doing my paper on why the death penalty should be banned

Here are some of my reasons that i need articles for. I need an article that talks about it in the whole article not just one or two sentences.
I will +rep as soon as I can!

Reasons

1.)The endless appeals and required additional procedures clog our court system.

2.)Life in prison is a worse punishment and a more effective deterrent.

3.)It is barbaric and violates the "cruel and unusual" clause in the Bill of Rights.

4.)We as a society have to move away from the "eye for an eye" revenge mentality if civilization is to advance.

5.)The possibility exists that innocent men and women may be put to death.

Again I will +rep as soon as I can.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

If someone could help me with a woksheet that'd be awesome. Plus rep!

1. 1+4
2. 3 x 4
3. 12-7

Please....

those are the only ones I need help with

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguy555 View Post
If someone could help me with a woksheet that'd be awesome. Plus rep!

1. 1+4=42
2. 3 x 4=42
3. 12-7=42
there you go with your woksheet.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I have a research paper due tomorrow and im having trouble finding articles to quote from

Here are some of my reasons that i need articles for. I need an article that talks about it in the whole article not just one or two sentences.

Reasons

1.)The endless appeals and required additional procedures clog our court system.

3.)It is barbaric and violates the "cruel and unusual" clause in the Bill of Rights.

4.)We as a society have to move away from the "eye for an eye" revenge mentality if civilization is to advance.

http://www.law.northwestern.edu/wron...utinginnocent/
http://www.justicedenied.org/executed.htm
Old 12-03-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
alright thanks

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Reasons

epsco host ftw!

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A fan of Hitchhiker's Guide I see...

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
A fan of Hitchhiker's Guide I see...
and of woksheets.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah thank you!! I will rep u by tonight

Old 12-03-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
gameplaya2435
Rookie

gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.

Quote:

Reasons

But, but, but...don't you live in TEXAS?!

http://findarticles.com/p/search?qt=...=art&x=0&y= 0

Too lazy to read through them, but I always use this site if I need "non-internet" sources
Old 12-03-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two things if anyone would be so kind to help.

What would your thesis be if you were writing a paper on an optimist? Or your definition of one?

Also, thesis on not banning guns completely?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Two things if anyone would be so kind to help.

What would your thesis be if you were writing a paper on an optimist? Or your definition of one?

Also, thesis on not banning guns completely?
Will plus rep :D:D:D:D

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Need some help on a question

A cause-effect analysis seeks to answer what question?

A.what is the meaning of life?
B.who are these voices in my head?
C.Why?
D. When will dinner be ready?

Old 01-29-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Find the function values.

f(x) = -4x

A.) f(6) = -4x
B.) f(0) = -4
C.) f(3a) = -4

The doing again i did years ago and forgot about again sucks, someone help me out!