Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-04-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera
"I am 99% sure that he is not the real Ben Franklin . . . "
that was the greatest
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Episode tonight! Who's excited? :P
Old 02-08-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the better question should be whos not excited because this is the best show on TV.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Damn Right! Pam's winning.

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

It's kinda funny to see guys mainly liking the 2 minutes they spend in each episode slowly developing this Jim/Pam thing over the humor.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom
Quote:
the better question should be whos not excited because this is the best show on TV.
I agree, however it's hard to get someone who has never seen it before into it for some reason.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
McGraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom
Quote:
I agree, however it's hard to get someone who has never seen it before into it for some reason.
Yeah, my mom has never watched it until a couple of weeks ago, she said it was dumb, I said she was crazy.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Windy and I are having a gentlemen's afternoon in to watch the episode.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Yea...Robert Parrish.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to get a little annoyed by how arbitrary the character of Michael has become. It seems like each person who has written episodes for the show (and there are a lot) has a significantly different perception of how Michael should behave. I found last night's version of Michael to be quite out of line. There has generally been a distinction between Michael being ignorant and Michael being outwardly idiotic. He is such a complex character, and I love the moments on the show where he manages to say just the right thing at the right time in help someone. Like on the booze cruise when he told Jim not to give up in his pursuit of Pam. There is a good side to Michael which is not played up enough, like in the episode where he befriends Toby's young daughter.

Episodes like last night make Michael into too outrageous of a character. Part of what makes The Office so great is that everyone on the show can easily be compared to people in your real life. We all know someone like Michael, but I highly doubt any of these people we know would behave as Michael did last night, or is quite as ignorant as Michael is when it comes to race relations.

Michael seems to be on the verge of a nervous breakdown. This season has sort of been leading up to something of that sort. Twice now this season, Michael has mentioned the strange and resentful relationship he has with his mother and his step-father, Jeff. Many of his actions and reactions can probably be attributed to his dysfuntional childhood.

Last night's episode was easily the worst of season 3, and definatly in the bottom 5 episodes from any season. It had its funny one-liners and quirks here and there, but Michael's obsurdity overshadowed what could have been a classic episode if done correctly.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think I'm rationalizing when I say that it all happened because of Michael's inability to cope with that childhood experience more so than the writing style.

It's general psychology that when we have traumatic experiences as children, we try to overcome them as adults, which Michael tried to do. I think he realized that at the end when he apologized to Phyllis.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4Life
I don't think I'm rationalizing when I say that it all happened because of Michael's inability to cope with that childhood experience more so than the writing style.

It's general psychology that when we have traumatic experiences as children, we try to overcome them as adults, which Michael tried to do. I think he realized that at the end when he apologized to Phyllis.
Yeah, that was the reasoning behind his actions, no doubt. But we have no prior knowledge of his mother's second marriage and this wedding (except for the mention that he has a step-father) before last nights episode. This was the first episode written by last night's writer, and it's sort of extreme in the context of the show. Michael has said a lot of ignorant things before, but this seemed absolutely absurd. His behavior shunned any and all common sense he could possibly have had. NO ONE behaves like he did last night.

I like the fact that they are giving us more info on Michael's background and childhood, I just think this takes the element of realism away from his character entirely.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I'd just like to say that Toby is awesome.

<----------------
Old 02-10-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://gorillamask.net/officedrama.shtml

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4Life
I posted this a couple pages back. Funny though. :D
Old 02-12-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey...they killed peekvid.com so does anyone else know a good site where we can watch the episodes?

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote