Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

Old 11-11-2008, 03:50 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtb135 View Post
So does it say more about the Falcons that they got beat handily by half a team? BTW, our offense ranks ahead of the Panthers in both yards and scoring, but they are still half a game ahead in the division.

The Bucs are 16th in scoring, 9th in yardage, 11th in rushing, and 9th in passing. It's not like we're the Raiders or anything. I really don't get the hate from the Falcons fans, but if I had to guess.......:D
We'll see you in the dome
Old 11-11-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
We'll see you in the dome
Kind of a redundant comment. When the Bucs beat you for a second time I hope that finally shuts you guys up.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Kind of a redundant comment. When the Bucs beat you for a second time I hope that finally shuts you guys up.
Beat us up? We deserve a bit more respect than that by now. We are 4-0 at the dome. Ryan has yet to turn over the ball at home. Michael Turner has had three 100 yard games out of 4 games. Here are Drew Brees' numbers before the Falcons game: 69%, 8.4 YPA, 2.14 TD-INT ratio. His numbers during the game: 53%, 7.3 YPA, .66 TD-INT (both his TDs came after the Falcons led 27-6 in the 4th Q).

This is not the Falcons team of the past that you can take for granted.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Beat us up? We deserve a bit more respect than that by now. We are 4-0 at the dome. Ryan has yet to turn over the ball at home. Michael Turner has had three 100 yard games out of 4 games. Here are Drew Brees' numbers before the Falcons game: 69%, 8.4 YPA, 2.14 TD-INT ratio. His numbers during the game: 53%, 7.3 YPA, .66 TD-INT (both his TDs came after the Falcons led 27-6 in the 4th Q).

This is not the Falcons team of the past that you can take for granted.
Your opponents at the Dome: Detroit, Kansas City, Chicago and New Orleans.

Their combined record: 10-26

But all that aside. I look forward to watching the rematch... Unless I have to work that day. :(

Old 11-16-2008, 07:46 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Your opponents at the Dome: Detroit, Kansas City, Chicago and New Orleans.

Their combined record: 10-26
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:11 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our offense sucks? If Gruden could call decent plays in the red zone we would be undefeated and among the most high-powered offenses in the league.

I love how we rape Atlanta and Carolina and yet their fans still talk **** like they're better than us.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Our offense sucks? If Gruden could call decent plays in the red zone we would be undefeated and among the most high-powered offenses in the league.

I love how we rape Atlanta and Carolina and yet their fans still talk **** like they're better than us.
let's not play the 'if' game.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
let's not play the 'if' game.
The second paragraph has nothing to do with 'if'.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Talk **** like they are better than you guys? What the ****? Relax. No one said the Falcons team is better than the Bucs. We are just saying that you can't really chalk that game up as a W because of your dominant win last time the 2 teams played. All the points I bring up are to prove that point. Not the point of us winning easily.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 11-16-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Talk **** like they are better than you guys? What the ****? Relax. No one said the Falcons team is better than the Bucs. We are just saying that you can't really chalk that game up as a W because of your dominant win last time the 2 teams played. All the points I bring up are to prove that point. Not the point of us winning easily.
O RLY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Until Tampa gets an offense and the Saints get healthy, there's a legit case that we are the second best team. You beat us on your home field, yet you narrowly edged the Chiefs who we romped. I've never said we have 53 of the best players, but we've got a good team on the field, no matter what you think. And you can't even step away and read something because I post it, that shows your immaturity, and the fact that you think that shows you twist things to exactly how you want them to sound, or read in this case.

I've said it many times on this board and I'll say it again, read WHAT I say, not read INTO what I say. So until you can show me how I even presented that, keep your malicious false allegations to you and your Tampa Homers.
Now what I said makes a little more sense deangelo?

It appears Gruden still hasn't learned from his mistakes....in fact his red zone playcalling has regressed. What we're capable of is meaningless at this point because we obviously aren't going to run up the score on teams with Mr. 3-point calling the plays.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-16-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Oh. Since when does iloxy's opinion count? Do you guys take him seriously?

Old 11-16-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

No....but he's still a person, no? You said no one said the Falcons are better than the Bucs......he said it, even if his opinion is worthless.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-16-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
No....but he's still a person, no? You said no one said the Falcons are better than the Bucs......he said it, even if his opinion is worthless.
Yeah I guess. I'll change it to no one with an opinion that counts says the Falcons are better than the Bucs.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Twinblade
Rookie

Twinblade needs more cowbell.

Opposing fans will always talk trash to each other, that's the whole point of "fans" in sports.
Twinblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
zCaddyz
Rookie

zCaddyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hows jammal anderson doing?
Old 12-04-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

better than last year, but thats not saying much. its not saying anything at all actually.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
zCaddyz
Rookie

zCaddyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really liked him coming out, i knew his was gonna stuggle for his first few years. It was johnson,adams,anderson, and amobi in that order that i wanted the bucs to get.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Atlanta lost, w00t!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Atlanta lost, w00t!
saints played well and our inconsistent defense needs to be fixed. now do your job and beat the panthers.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:29 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Yeah. I will be rooting for you guys tomorrow. Hand a division opponent their first loss at home against another divisional opponent. You guys can run away with the division crown, and we can get WC. I would be fairly happy with that.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
saints played well and our inconsistent defense needs to be fixed. now do your job and beat the panthers.
Not sure about that run D. I mean the Saints have a horrible run O and you guys got shredded. We need to get Caddy up to par for our match with you guys, otherwise I fear Ryan might actually outduel Garcia. Then again passing on us is pretty much a recipe for disaster, but you get the point. It will be a good game unless we find a replacement for Graham.

Panthers have it tough in their next 4. I'm not too worried about them as long as we get 1 of our next 2.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Not sure about that run D. I mean the Saints have a horrible run O and you guys got shredded. We need to get Caddy up to par for our match with you guys, otherwise I fear Ryan might actually outduel Garcia. Then again passing on us is pretty much a recipe for disaster, but you get the point. It will be a good game unless we find a replacement for Graham.

Panthers have it tough in their next 4. I'm not too worried about them as long as we get 1 of our next 2.
I wonder how Ryan does against the TB D. He has been on fire as of late (69%, 250 YPG, 7 TD, 2 INT last 6 games) but those have been against sub par opponents. He seems to be really getting a grasp of the offense and I want to see how he responds against a top ranked pass D. The good news is the Falcons bounce back well after losses (since week 3, whenever we lose, we win the next 2)

Old 12-07-2008, 11:43 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Matt Ryan likes to take chances 20-30 yards down the field. It's worked most of the time, but not against us. Our defense feeds off that. He needs to play the 8-12 area to beat us. Brian Finneran's gotta bring his A game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Matt Ryan likes to take chances 20-30 yards down the field. It's worked most of the time, but not against us. Our defense feeds off that. He needs to play the 8-12 area to beat us. Brian Finneran's gotta bring his A game.
Yeah. Hopefully he has learned and gotten a chance to review game film from their defense.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

I'm bored at work, and reading this thread brightened my day slightly...

Go San Diego!