Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 12-17-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
If Tsizzle leaves in Free Agency I know we love Barnes, but I'd love to draft Clint Sintim at the end of round 1. I think he'd be a carbon copy of Adalius Thomas but with even better pass rushing skills.
if we lose suggs ill cry
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, hes a huge part of our D. I really doubt we let him go.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
yea just the thought of losing our lb suck i hate this part of franchises lol
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
Old 12-17-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well you never know with whoever offers him the money. If say Arizona were to lose Dansby they'd offer the house to Tsizzle, and that would be awfully enticing for him to play back home, get paid like crazy, and play for a city which has such a renewed excitement in football.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well you never know with whoever offers him the money. If say Arizona were to lose Dansby they'd offer the house to Tsizzle, and that would be awfully enticing for him to play back home, get paid like crazy, and play for a city which has such a renewed excitement in football.
i just dont understand why any def player would want to leave our def i mean money but if we offer him a sweet deal i mean why would you want to play on a bum def instead of the awesome one your on
John Wall
Old 12-17-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
i just dont understand why any def player would want to leave our def i mean money but if we offer him a sweet deal i mean why would you want to play on a bum def instead of the awesome one your on
Money and playing for your city are definitely legitimate reasons to move. NBA for example Joe Johnson had a perfect role on the high scoring perennial playoff Suns team but opted to take money in a porous Atlanta Hawks team where he could be a star. It's the same reason why Mark Tiexera would consider the Orioles and Nationals when The Redsox are offering good money and a favorable situation.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Money and playing for your city are definitely legitimate reasons to move. NBA for example Joe Johnson had a perfect role on the high scoring perennial playoff Suns team but opted to take money in a porous Atlanta Hawks team where he could be a star. It's the same reason why Mark Tiexera would consider the Orioles and Nationals when The Redsox are offering good money and a favorable situation.
yea i can understand that im just trying to not realize the fact that he could leave the ravens :(
John Wall
Old 12-17-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what if we franchised him and then traded him for Boldin I would have a ton of mixed thoughts. I'd be both excited and upset.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
what if we franchised him and then traded him for Boldin I would have a ton of mixed thoughts. I'd be both excited and upset.
I think Boldin is fine with being in Arizona now. Although as much as I love Tsizzle I'd trade him in a heartbeat for Boldin, I'd even throw in a pick if I had to. Boldin is one of a kind physical guy who would make Flacco 10x better. You just throw it to him and he does the rest of the work. As much as losing Sizzle would hurt as we have shown with Adalius we can replace our 3-4 LB's, a guy like Antwaan Barnes looks legit, or drafting a proven 3-4 backer like Clint Sintim. It's so much easier to replace a 3-4 OLB than to find a big time big receiver like Anquan Boldin. Just look at some of the best 3-4 OLB, James Harrison was undrafted and cut 4 times, Adalius was like a 6th rounder or something, Woodley, Tsizzle, Manny Lawson etc., were college DE's. This all is a dream though because we would never get Quan.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love Flacco+Boldin. I wouldnt mind us just trading a 1st for him, I believe he is 27 so he decent age, plus we know we are getting a pro bowl WR.

How would everyone feel if we go WR in the 1st 2 rounds then just go defense the rest of the way?
Old 12-17-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
yea i can understand that im just trying to not realize the fact that he could leave the ravens :(
Well depending on other transactions and how much he could possibly land for. Loosing Suggs could get you guys a 2nd maybe solid 3rd rd comp pick.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a 3rd is the highest comp pick. and still we need suggs we can't lose him. Barnes is good but he cant be as good as suggs.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I would love Flacco+Boldin. I wouldnt mind us just trading a 1st for him, I believe he is 27 so he decent age, plus we know we are getting a pro bowl WR.

How would everyone feel if we go WR in the 1st 2 rounds then just go defense the rest of the way?
I wouldnt mind it, because with us finnally getting a potential franchise QB, it makes sense to give him a weapon, but 2 is even better. Add those 2 to Mark Clayton and D-will and you've got yourselves a pretty nice young WR core. And lets all get our minds of Anquan, its pains me to think about him as raven but knowing that Arizona has no interest letting him go :(
Old 12-17-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea Anquan is wishful thinking.

I wouldnt mind spending a 1st or 2nd on a WR. Then maybe later on drafting a project. But we need youth on D at basically every position. so I say go BPA on defense after we pick up a WR.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

i would do suggs for boldin
John Wall
Old 12-18-2008, 07:06 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post

Well 1st round I'd love either DHB or Maclin, but I don't see worthy 2nd round talent. I'd like someone like Marko Mitchell at the end of the 3rd or early 4th. We did spend a 3rd on Marcus Smith last year, and while he's big and can block, he can't do much else.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lets just find a brandon marshall or marques colston late in next years draft....

*sigh wishful thinking... those teams really found gems late in their drafts

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:05 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
lets just find a brandon marshall or marques colston late in next years draft....

*sigh wishful thinking... those teams really found gems late in their drafts
yea only if we were so lucky we only find gems on the def side of the ball i think we go wr 1st round or try to get one thats already established i think if flacco had a WR like (marshal,Colston) he would be so much better and it would compliment mason alot
John Wall
Old 12-18-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

If we did take a WR, say Heyward-Bey, isnt he more of a developmental pick? someone who will take time to turn out. Take Roddy White for example. Can we wait that long? I've always wanted 1st rounders to come in and produce right away and I don't think Heyward-Bey can do that. Also, I havent watched much of Jeremey Maclin but Im hearing hes more of a Devin Hester type WR. If he is anything close to Hester, I'd rather us take a corner or draft BPA. I want either a deep threat kinda guy like Heyward-Bey or a physical WR like Crabs. We've already got a "devin hester" type WR is Figurs.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Well I wouldn't call Maclin "hester" or "ginn" like. He is much more polished in his route running and has a solid build. I think he'll be good. But this team has too many small wideouts. DHB is the guy if we go WR.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I wouldn't call Maclin "hester" or "ginn" like. He is much more polished in his route running and has a solid build. I think he'll be good. But this team has too many small wideouts. DHB is the guy if we go WR.
And to add to that, DHB is not much of a project. He's not extremely polished or sharp, but he's got great size and speed that will definitely have an immediate impact.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
And to add to that, DHB is not much of a project. He's not extremely polished or sharp, but he's got great size and speed that will definitely have an immediate impact.
Yeah it might take him some time to polish the underneath routes but he will make an impact immediately in the vertical passing game. The intermediate routes will come with time but it's fine because Clayton and Dmase work the underneath game. Clayton could be playing in the slot which would be great for him.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Hmmm. Im starting to like what Im hearing about DHB. Speed demon, compliments Flaccos arm nicely. I wouldnt mind drafting him at all.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

HWB all day but only if we get that CB in free agency
John Wall
Old 12-19-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

seeing from what i saw from fabian washington... i think he can be a starter for us... as either a #1 or #2, but I would like to see a reciever as our #1 pick more so than a corner... thats just my opinion

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote