Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 11-13-2008, 06:47 AM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Preo32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im from Canada and then moved to Atlanta, so i am a Maple Leafs fan no doubt. I root for the Thrashers, but not a big deal if they play bad. The Hawks will be fine this season, cuz u cant win em all in the NBA. And the Falcons will be, too. As long as Carolina just goes downhill. Like, lose to the Lions at home...

Atlanta Falcons
Preo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm glad Marvin seems to have found his range from 3. In college he hit them, but it obviously from a shorter line.

Joe will get it going, I'm not too worried about that.

They showed me a lot today. Without our best defender, Horford in foul trouble, and on the road against the defending NBA champs... it takes a fallaway 20 footer over Horford at the buzzer to win. A loss, but we can take a lot away from it.
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
You guys must be ridiculously happy. Falcons and Hawks are ridiculously hot right now.

I just want the Warriors to get Ellis back. We need a decent PG. I like what I have seen out of Brandan Wright though.

Also, the Sharks are tearing it up ;) They could take the ATL team anyday.
Thrashers are one a 4 game winning steak. HOT HOT!!

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:26 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All 3 teams doing well. Not bad not bad. Last year, the Warriors were very good, Sharks great, and Falcons terrible.

Now its the Warriors are terrible, Sharks dominating, and Falcons very good. If only the trifecta matches up. That would be amazing.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconsrule View Post
I would like to see Randolph Morris get into the game some.....I think he have some potential also J.J. have lost his shot hopefully he can find it tonight.....Lets keep this thread going!
I wish I would have never made this comment....Morris looked like a deer caught in headlights for most of the night.....But the team did compete thats all you can ask for hopefully we can get Josh Smith back soon.
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

I'm all for cheering for the home team and showing good fan support
but watching the Hawks play is like watch a unfundamental high school
basketball team play they make me cringe when I watch them play not
to mention that coach Mike Woodson just folds his arms and makes the team
play a lazy 2-3 Zone defensive scheme just ticks me off
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:14 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cavs > Hawks.

Actually, LeBron > Hawks.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hawks not looking good as of late, early stats, but every time we give up 100+ we lose
Old 11-17-2008, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Cavs > Hawks.

Actually, LeBron > Hawks.
LeBron is the best player in the NBA and will lead the Cavs to the Finals this year.

LeBron > The Entire Eastern Conference
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Twinblade
Rookie

Twinblade needs more cowbell.

Hawks lost like 3 straight lol.
Twinblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinblade View Post
Hawks lost like 3 straight lol.
Josh Smith being out is really hurting the Hawks right now....He gives the Hawks so much energy and intensity on defense plus add to the fact that ZaZa didnt play last game and were already thin at PF and C so things should change once Smith comes back.
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:19 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Georgia Tech's Anthony Morrow is doing a great job for the Warriors. He has an amazing shot.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
LeBron is the best player in the NBA and will lead the Cavs to the Finals this year.

LeBron > The Entire Eastern Conference
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DPZujfHvB4
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread started with us being 6-0 and the celtics in our way. Well, they won that game, but we play them again THIS TIME IN PHILLIPS AREA on ESPN, TONIGHT!!! Im excited for this one, and ready to whoop thier ass. We got a full line up this time, and it will be a first non-playoffs national broadcast game in like a century.
Celtics are riding on a 15 game winning streak however, but if we can end the cavs streak (11), we can end celtic's streak. It will be like a game 7, but this time in our house!!

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-17-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited the game is on ESPN I can't remember the last time the hawks had a prime time regular season game.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Tough loss. And I wore my Smith jersey to my Wednesday night tourney at school to show people my team, and sadly they didnt pull through

Atlanta Falcons
Old 12-17-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preo32 View Post
Tough loss. And I wore my Smith jersey to my Wednesday night tourney at school to show people my team, and sadly they didnt pull through
I felt like we have had a great opportunity to win this game, but we let them in it and then slipped. Celtics are a great team, so you gotta give them credit. Our team is still improving and we're still one of the youngest in the league, but unlike most young teams, we are actually winning our ball games.
Credit to our guys as well for staying in there, all i wanted to see was a great game, but a win would be nice. Like the falcons they are, impressing and amazing people with their play and they will only get better. Makes me pround that this city has a shining light upon it's sports.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-18-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's really a shame because given that situation 9 times out of 10 JJ nails the free throw, just unlikely. And I'm hardly putting the blame on JJ because we had so many other chances to win the game. One play was when Horford who played great allowed KG to spin off him and get a key alley oop. You must stay behind your man in the post at all times if you have no backside help. Just one mental lapse that might have cost the game, but that was just one of many. Smoove is my man, but he had some bad plays himself. He was caught a couple times between fouling and not but ended up giving easy 3 point plays. Also Smoove has improved his ballhandling but he should still not be dribbling to his right with his right hand especially not in traffic.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn Hawks lock up a 4 seed. Amazing who would have ever thought before the season the Hawks would host a playoff series and have around 47-48 wins. Crazy. Crazy thing is Josh Smith missed a bunch of time to start the season, Horford has missed a lot of time and now Marvin has missed a lot of time. I think that if the Hawks can manage to draft a PG like Ty Lawson, Eric Maynor, Johnny Flynn etc., and use the mid level exception on a decent backup big like an Antonio Mcdyess type we could have stability and be a top 4 eastern conference team the next 10 years. For our series we definitely have a shot to win the first round if we can steal at least 1 game on the road. Hell we could win the series 4-3 if we play at home like we should. Personally I'd rather play the 76ers than the Heat although the Sixers are much more balanced and tougher inside. With the Heat Dwayne Wade freaks me the hell out as he could dominate the series but at least you know that if you shut him down you shut down the heat. Wouldn't mind seeing Josh Smith guard him some.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Damn Hawks lock up a 4 seed. Amazing who would have ever thought before the season the Hawks would host a playoff series and have around 47-48 wins. Crazy. Crazy thing is Josh Smith missed a bunch of time to start the season, Horford has missed a lot of time and now Marvin has missed a lot of time. I think that if the Hawks can manage to draft a PG like Ty Lawson, Eric Maynor, Johnny Flynn etc., and use the mid level exception on a decent backup big like an Antonio Mcdyess type we could have stability and be a top 4 eastern conference team the next 10 years. For our series we definitely have a shot to win the first round if we can steal at least 1 game on the road. Hell we could win the series 4-3 if we play at home like we should. Personally I'd rather play the 76ers than the Heat although the Sixers are much more balanced and tougher inside. With the Heat Dwayne Wade freaks me the hell out as he could dominate the series but at least you know that if you shut him down you shut down the heat. Wouldn't mind seeing Josh Smith guard him some.
Really? Doesn't seem crazy at all to me.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Really? Doesn't seem crazy at all to me.
Considering basically everyone said we would be a worse team than last year and wouldn't even get the 37 wins from last year because every single analyst thought that losing Josh Childress killed our bench. I personally laughed because we never had a bench and while Childress was a good defender who was inept on offense Flip Murray and Mo Evans has made this bench much better than last year. Look through any media guide prior to the season not a single one even chose the Hawks to squeak out an 8 seed.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

We were ranked around 12/13 in the EAST by a lot of sites (espn mainly) before the season, and no one had us making the playoffs.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-11-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

I saw a few places that had the Hawks like a 7 or 8, and I thought we'd do better even withou Childress, who I saw play on NBA TV for his Euro team the other day. I just felt 1 year better was gonna make us that much better. I mean, Johnson is a star, Horford is a very solid center, Bibby is an experienced PG with pretty good range, and then Smith is one of the most athletic players in the league. Throw in Williams, Murray, ect, its a good team.

Unfortunetly, of the 4 teams i truly follow (Toronto since im from there, Indiana since i just always loved Reggie Miller, and Sacramento since im Serbian and back in the day they had Divac and Peja), only 1 is getting in, and i really expected Toronto to get in pretty easily. It was a rough year for them, but right now I want a Hawks/Blazers finals. I like the Blazers a lot as well, ever since the Jail Blazers days

Atlanta Falcons
Old 04-12-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

The best thing is that you have to think this team will get better every year. JJ has assumed the role of team leader and doing whatever he needs to do on the court to succeed. Horford, Josh Smith, and Marvin Williams will only get better. All we need is a youth infusion at the PG spot, a true PG and not a combo like Acie Law.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:28 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NRwSL_oCpc