Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-13-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

bills_red needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by bills_red
QB name QB Rating in '06 Rank in NFL
Rivers 92.0 started all games 8
Losman 84.9 started all games 11
Eli 77.0 started all games 18
Ben 75.4 stared 15 games 21

QB name QB Rating in '05 Rank in NFL
Rivers 50.4 played in 2 games Below 30
Losman 64.9 played in 9 gmaes Below 30
Eli 75.9 started all games 23
Ben 98.6 played in 12 games 3

QB name QB Ranting in '04 Rank in NFL
Rivers 110.9 played in 2 games Tied for 2
Losman 39.2 played in 4 games Below 30
Eli 55.4 played in 9 games Below 30
Ben 98.1 playd in 14 games 5

Going by the QB rating it's

Ben
Rivers
Losman/Eli

But IMO

Rivers
Ben
Losman
Eli
I wouldn't bother putting Losman in 04 and Rivers in 04 or 05 for obvious reasons.
Agree, but I did
bills_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get how you can't pick Roethlisberger, he was the 10th pick (I had him going 3rd to the Cardinals) and he led his team to the superbowl (He didn't do very much in the super bowl however)
Old 02-13-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The QB gets WAY too much credit when their team wins the Super Bowl. Why not the running back? He is just as important as the QB, without a running game you can't win. Look at Dan Marino. It is a team sport, number of rings shouldn't be considered when talking about who is better. I would take Marino over Bradshaw any day. I say:
Rivers
Manning
Roethlskhdgo;asghosadghosadghosapdghosgrger
Losman
Old 02-13-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always thought Big Ben, even before draft day, was going to be the best of the four and I can assume I'm right for the time being. He does have a ring and he will recover nicely this year. He had a rough year last year with his own injuries and team injuries but he'll be fine.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What if his name was Eli Weathersby?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers cant make the big plays. he is the king of throwing to Tomlinson at 2 yards, then Tomlinson busting it out for a huge run. Rivers would have had a QB rating below 40 in the playoff game if not for Tomlinson making that huge run off a nothing pass.....
Old 02-14-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
buckeyes12
Rookie

buckeyes12 needs more cowbell.

you can say that Big Ben is better than Eli because he did win a superbowl, and MAYBE Rivers because SD went 14-2. But he doesnt have a playoff win, neither does Eli.

but JP LOSMAN!? Absolutely nothing to show for at all. If you consider him better than Eli Manning then you have some problems.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB
Probably would have gone just as high. He was a great prospect
Old 02-14-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My personal rankings are:

1. Ben Roethlisberger
2. Philip Rivers
3. JP Losman
4. Eli Manning

Big Ben is number one for me because he is the most mature of the four and has played in the most games and had the most success. He had posted great career numbers until this year when he had to throw more often then he is accustomed to and was probably in worse shape than he let on after the surgery, accident and injury. He had a bad season this year, but is the most proven so far and has had the most success.

Rivers had a great year this year in a quarterback friendly system, but he had his bumps late in the season and had a couple awful games. He had the best quarterback rating of the bunch this season and made the pro bowl but didn't play due to injury. He is the least experienced in the NFL but had the most preparation for his NFL debut.

JP Losman was statistically the second best of the bunch this year for the Bills wither perhaps the least talent and worst offensive line. He had a fantastic season, especially after the bye week where he started to get hot. He made some comebacks and got the Bills to a 7-9 record. He had his few bad games like everyone else did this year, most notably that game in Chicago, that was a bad day...

Eli Manning has been the most inconsistent player probably. He hasn't really even been able to pull out a good stretch of games to look at ass successful. He had the worst year of all the quarterbacks this year in my opinion because he didn't go through what Roethlisberger did and he still came up empty.

EDIT.

I guess I kind of missed the point of this thread though after that. The best pick in the draft of these four was Ben Roethlisberger. Both at the time of the draft and now. At the time of the draft I had the rankings as Manning/Roethlisberger/Rivers/Losman and Ben lasted until the Steelers pick and they got a steal. They also got the most production the earliest and also got a Super Bowl with him, I don't think you can argue that Ben wasn't the best pick, especially when Manning and Rivers weren't necessarily drafted by their teams so you kind of have to eliminate them.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Gotta be roethlisberger, he's the only one who has won anything.

Eli, JP and Rivers havent done anything in the postseason and thats when it counts

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01
I like Eli Manning, I think most of his problems are just mental. He can correct them though, I know namesake got him some more recognition but I think some people are a bit too hard on him. He also needs to find consistency but once he does that, he'll be a pretty good QB.

Rivers played well this season and some of his late-season "struggles" can be directed at the Lis Franc sprain he suffered. It didn't hurt to have a record-breaking RB right behind him either. I also think he'll be a fine QB and this season really proved that. Once Jackson emerges. . . . .

Roethlisberger had to throw a little too much in the beginning of the season. He is a decent QB, hardly one of the best but I think that he's just going to be decent. He'll manage the game well, so to speak.

Losman really came a long way this season. He went from possibly being benched in favor of Craig Nall to being one of the promising players in the league. I think this year will really do well for him, if he develops even more. I don't think he's the best QB yet in this draft but we can start looking at him more seriously than we did before.
Craig nall:

his touchdowns are worth double
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
PackerFan20

Craig Nall might be apart of a line of Qb's who have had sucess after backing up Favre.

Brunell
Warner(Though he never made it out of training camp)
Hassleback
Brooks
Nall???
Old 02-14-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
mpindo3
Rookie

mpindo3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan
Rivers cant make the big plays. he is the king of throwing to Tomlinson at 2 yards, then Tomlinson busting it out for a huge run. Rivers would have had a QB rating below 40 in the playoff game if not for Tomlinson making that huge run off a nothing pass.....
Spoken like someone who didn't watch a Chargers game this year. But hey, I'll give you that if you concede that Eli is the king of the chunk-it-jump-ball-to-plax throw. And did you actually watch the playoff game? yeah, the same one where his receivers had 7 dropped passes and he STILL had a comparable game to Tom "golden boy" Brady. Bring a coherent argument or shut up.

and for the record, my opinion at the moment is ben, philip, eli, jp.
mpindo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:21 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Roethislberger was a glorified game manager when he won the Super Bowl. As soon as he was forced to throw more to bring his team back in games he threw dumb INT's.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:21 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Is this thread saying which QB had the most value at their pick or who is the best QB out of all of them?
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:09 AM    (permalink

I'll just rank them as quarterbacks, not as picks:

1. Phillip Rivers
2. Big Ben
3. JP Losman
4. Eli Manning
Old 02-15-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
FOOTBALLFAN09

Quote:
If you would have watched the Chargers this year you woud know he led us back 5 times and in two consecutive games brought us back when we were down by 17 or more. He also had the best 4th quarter QB rating in the NFL all year, something like 116. So what are you talking about? Really?

edit: Also, he had a BUNCH of long pass plays to both Vincent Jackson and Malcolm Floyd. He can make the big play.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
FOOTBALLFAN09

Also, consider that we got Philip Rivers, Shawne Merriman, and Nate Kaeding in that trade people. We CLEARLY made the best pick.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by myinnerself
Quote:
If you would have watched the Chargers this year you woud know he led us back 5 times and in two consecutive games brought us back when we were down by 17 or more. He also had the best 4th quarter QB rating in the NFL all year, something like 116. So what are you talking about? Really?

edit: Also, he had a BUNCH of long pass plays to both Vincent Jackson and Malcolm Floyd. He can make the big play.
counting the denver game is misleading and very nearly a compelte misrepresentaiton of the stats. larry coyer had more to do with that win than rivers. jake plummer had more to do with that win than rivers.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
FOOTBALLFAN09

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Quote:

counting the denver game is misleading and very nearly a compelte misrepresentaiton of the stats. larry coyer had more to do with that win than rivers. jake plummer had more to do with that win than rivers.
No, it is NOT misleading. Even if you don't consider that game he led us back 4 times and absolutely drove us down the field over and over against the Bengals in that amazing comeback. He makes big plays, period.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, it is NOT misleading. Even if you don't consider that game he led us back 4 times and absolutely drove us down the field over and over against the Bengals in that amazing comeback. He makes big plays, period.
it's not misleading because he did other things that aren't really related to that particular statement? cool.

let me know when he's won more playoff games than eli.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
bucknut12
Rookie

bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno
Philip Rivers has shown he can handle some pressure after Brees left, look at Rothlisberger this year no one has talked about him. Big Ben did win the big one but still.
Ben should have sat the year out.

He got in a wreck and he was almost killed.

He then had an appendectomy.

Ben is the best QB. He just wasn't 100% this year.
bucknut12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB
Probably would have gone just as high.
No he woulden't have.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
FOOTBALLFAN09

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

it's not misleading because he did other things that aren't really related to that particular statement? cool.

Haha, considering neither have won a playoff game, let me know when Eli has over a 90 passer rating and over 60% completions. Thanks!
Old 02-15-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Haha, considering neither have won a playoff game, let me know when Eli has over a 90 passer rating and over 60% completions. Thanks!
December 3rd at Dallas. any other questions you could've easily looked up for yourself?