Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-27-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Rjspartan
Veteran

Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.
Default on the rise and on the decline

who is most likely to raise their draft stock to a first round projection and who is most likely to drop out of the first round.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.
Rjspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan

I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
GatorsBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see this being the most ridiculous statement ever.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan

Why is that?..This is just like the Aaron Rodgers/Alex Smith Draft...after the first 5 or 6 picks not much people need QBs and if he doesn't get taken then he could drop...especially if Bradford goes over him

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
GatorsBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why is that?..This is just like the Aaron Rodgers/Alex Smith Draft...after the first 5 or 6 picks not much people need QBs and if he doesn't get taken then he could drop...especially if Bradford goes over him

You're thinking in general terms i believe. Rodgers isnt in Stafford's class as a football player.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford is not a Rodgers/Smith type. He's a prototypical QB that can make all the throws and guys like that don't last very long.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Even in a situation where Stafford isn't the top rated quarterback by almost every team and even in a situation where he starts to fall, the chance of him falling out of the first round is almost an impossiblity. All the teams that are picking later in the round want to trade back for more picks and the moment anyone wants to move up they'll have plenty of options. Any team that wanted him would have to move up further than other teams are willing to. Not to even mention Detroit's second 1st round pick as being the likely extreme floor for Staffords draft slot.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

James Laurinitis could slip to round 2. Aaron Curry going top 3

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul

Last edited by CroomDawgs : 12-27-2008 at 03:11 PM.
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:

You have no idea what you are talking about. None

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 12-27-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mays is rising, consider a top 20 pick now is rising to the top 10 and could go to the top 5 pending workouts.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
James Laurinitis could slip to round 2. Aaron Curry going top 3
Laurinaitis in the 2nd? I don't think so. He may not have a lot of upside but he's a solid backer that can play a number of positions and he should have an impressive offseason. I think Maualuga is more likely to drop because he's not impressive in shorts and has much more glaring weaknesses that will be exposed in tape. Possible character concerns and red flags are another thing to consider as teams do background checks.

Curry will definitely keep rising as long as he stays healthy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-27-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Laurinaitis in the 2nd? I don't think so. He may not have a lot of upside but he's a solid backer that can play a number of positions and he should have an impressive offseason. I think Maualuga is more likely to drop because he's not impressive in shorts and has much more glaring weaknesses that will be exposed in tape. Possible character concerns and red flags are another thing to consider as teams do background checks.

Curry will definitely keep rising as long as he stays healthy.

I said the exact same thing about Posluzsny back 2 years ago and it happened. Now he should've gone fiorst round because he has been quite good. The fact is that when seniors return theres a greater chance of then slipping than imporving. I think it will most certainly happen to James. FWIW I think he's def. better than Maualuga but Rey will be taken by a 3-4 team (SD?) because he's a good fit in the 3-4

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 12-27-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Mays is rising, consider a top 20 pick now is rising to the top 10 and could go to the top 5 pending workouts.
If he runs his supposed 4.3 40 with his size, I guarantee you, even though they should not, the Raiders take him.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 12-27-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
I said the exact same thing about Posluzsny back 2 years ago and it happened. Now he should've gone fiorst round because he has been quite good. The fact is that when seniors return theres a greater chance of then slipping than imporving. I think it will most certainly happen to James. FWIW I think he's def. better than Maualuga but Rey will be taken by a 3-4 team (SD?) because he's a good fit in the 3-4
I thought about Poz, but you're forgetting that Poz was coming back from major knee surgery and that hurt his athletic ability and durability in the eyes of scouts. If it wasn't for that injury he surely would've been a 1st rounder.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-27-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Agree with that. I think Mays will be a consensus top 10 pick when all is said and done.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If JL does drop to the end of round 1 i don't see the Colts, Steelers, Giants and Titans passing on him. Near impossibilty.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see many teams that need a RB or a reason why those teams can't wait until after the first round to get one. I could see someone like Moreno or McCoy lasting until the 2nd.

Teams are gonna be looking hard for the next big stud NT with guys like Haynesworth and Jenkins having such great years. Maybe some big DT will work his way into the first.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Hakeem Nicks' stock should be soaring; he's peaking at exactly the right time a la Brandon Albert last year. If he runs low 4.4s he's got a decent shot at the first round. Mike Teel went from undrafted for sure to semi-draftable. I don't know if Rutgers is in a bowl but that could be huge for him.

Tiquan Underwood has kind of fallen off the map as of late.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Brandon Spikes is a guy i feel could slot in the 10-15 area since he's the second best LB in this draft and is going to have a very good combine.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you'll see George Selvie fall to the first or second pick in the 2nd round. Hoping my Chiefs take him.
I think you could see Phil Loadholt slip into the first round. He is a mammoth of a man and has developed good footwork.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
MidSouthRam
Rookie

MidSouthRam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rising or Falling in relation to the draft board of whom??
MidSouthRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Rise
Taylor Mays
Jermaine Gresham
Jason Smith
Alphonso Smith
Brian Cushing
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Stafford is not a Rodgers/Smith type. He's a prototypical QB that can make all the throws and guys like that don't last very long.
a lot of scouts thought rodgers was the perfect prototypical qb....

i really like zach follett, think he could make an impact.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Found my sig.

If he enters he's going first overall. The Lions will have the first pick. The Lions don't have a QB. Stafford is the next Jay Cutler. Do the math.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
a lot of scouts thought rodgers was the perfect prototypical qb....

i really like zach follett, think he could make an impact.
He's not a bad prospect, but let's be real here. He was going up against Youngblood/Rutledge and Cal made no attempt to hide what they were doing....he blitzed on the same side almost every play and no one blocked him. If we had 1 half-decent RT he would've been invisible.

sig by BoneKrusher