Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post

We got shutout by the BENGALS.
Ya what a surprise the team thats beat you 7 out of the last 9 times we've played including TWO shutouts.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
BcLion
Rookie

BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...ot_fill_t.html

Ford: Lewand, Mayhew will stay with Lions
by Tom Kowalski
Sunday December 21, 2008, 3:30 PM

AP File Photo
Tom Lewand, Detroit Lions executive vice president and chief operating officer, walks the sidelines during Detroit's' game against Green Bay Packers earlier this season. Lions owner William Clay Ford said he wants both Martin Mayhew and Lewand to stay with the Lions next season.DETROIT -- Despite the possibility that his team could finish 0-16 this season, Detroit Lions owner William Clay Ford made it clear that there will not be a complete house-cleaning in the offseason.

Prior to Sunday's Lions-Saints game, Ford said that he will hire another person to join the team's football operations but that person might not fill the typical general manager role. Ford said the new hire might not have total control over all personnel matters and that those decisions could be done by committee.

"It depends. I don't know about the odds (of hiring a GM with total authority),'' Ford said. "Let's see who's available and what experience they have and see if they fit in any of our slots.''

Ford said that regardless of who he hires, he also wants both Martin Mayhew and Tom Lewand to stay with the organization -- possibly in the positions they currently hold.

"I don't want to delineate positions to exactly where 'This is you' and "This is me.' I want to leave some latitude,'' Ford said. "When we get a good person, I want Martin in on that, I want his opinion.''

Ford said the team would begin to interview candidates at the end of the regular season and the process will involve a three-man panel.

"Lewand, Martin and me,'' said Ford, adding he wanted to have some decisions made within three weeks after the end of the season.

When asked if vice chairman Bill Ford Jr. will be involved in the offseason decisions, Ford Sr. said, "I don't know, I think he's got a plate-full right now. It depends on what his availability is.''

Mayhew, who had held the title of assistant general manager, took over as general manager in late September after president Matt Millen was fired. Mayhew has reported directly to Ford since that time.

When asked if he was happy with the job Mayhew has done so far, Ford said, "Oh yeah, very.''

Ford also said that if the Lions decide to go with a general manager who holds total authority over all football decisions, Mayhew will be among the candidates.

If Ford goes that route and Mayhew doesn't get the job, Ford said he still wants Mayhew to stay with the Lions organization.

Lewand is expected to continue in his capacity as the team's chief operating officer and run the team's day-to-day business activities and also have authority over all Ford Field operations.

Ford said he's "talked to some people'' and that the team is still putting together a list of candidates to be interviewed. Ford said he doesn't believe there is one "football genius'' out there who can come in and make all the right decisions independently.

"No. If there is, I haven't met him yet,'' Ford said.

As for coach Rod Marinelli and his job status, Ford said he hasn't made any decisions yet.

"I don't know, I haven't made up my mind. I'm leaving it open,'' Ford said.

When asked about Marinelli's 0-14 record -- and Detroit's losses in 21 of the previous 22 games (prior to Sunday's result) -- Ford repeated: "No, I'm keeping it open.''

If there is a change at head coach, Ford said he doesn't know yet who might spearhead that search, himself or the new GM.

"Both of those (head coach and GM) positions now are a little nebulous so it's hard for me to say the GM will do it or I'll do it because I don't know who's going to fit in what slot,'' said Ford, adding that his goal is to make the right choices that will put the Lions on a winning path.

"I hope when this whole process is over with that we've got an organization that can build a winning team,'' Ford said. "The fans have been great and they deserve winners. We're all frustrated. We want to win, too. I hope this is the end product.''

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This story says it all,nice try Browns/bungals/Rams.....

The Lions are King of the Jungle in Losers.
BcLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Browns have not scored an offensive touchdown in 5 games

Think that one over.
The Lions haven't won a football game since week 16...of last year. What do you expect of a team that is starting a 3rd string QB? I mean, for the Lions, it was Jon Kitna's show and that doesn't instill fear in me at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lions are the worst team by far.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

.999+ Wins > 0 Wins.

Detroit is the worst.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Ya what a surprise the team thats beat you 7 out of the last 9 times we've played including TWO shutouts.
Yeah the Bengals have been real good this year man I really thought going into the year that the Browns would be 4-11 going into week 17 and that we'd lose 14-0 to the Bengals.

I didn't realize what you have done 7 of the last 9 times accounts for what's going to happen, because we played one of the worst game I've seen the Browns play in 2 years earlier this year and we still managed to win 20-12 somehow.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think right now the Lions would beat them.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I think right now the Lions would beat them.
That's my whole point... The Lions obviously have a worse record, but at this point in time the Browns have not scored an offensive touchdown in 5 games... At least the Lions have someone who can throw to Calvin Johnson.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 12-21-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
i dont think the lions could beat an elite college team the browns have wins lol
I don't even trust the Lions to beat a community college team at this point.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I submit the Bills.
BLASPHEMER!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah the Bengals have been real good this year man I really thought going into the year that the Browns would be 4-11 going into week 17 and that we'd lose 14-0 to the Bengals.

I didn't realize what you have done 7 of the last 9 times accounts for what's going to happen, because we played one of the worst game I've seen the Browns play in 2 years earlier this year and we still managed to win 20-12 somehow.
Why wouldn't you think the browns were going to be 4-11? Your 1 season in the last 5 or so that was semi-relevant to the NFL all the sudden made you perennial play off contenders?

Oh, and congrats on beating an offense oriented team that had a career back up QB who had never won a game before that was starting.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:37 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's the Rams. Browns would beat the Rams 3-0 in overtime and the Lions would kill the Rams, no doubt in my mind. Calvin Johnson and Kevin Smith both would have career days.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are over thinking this. No team has ever gone 0-16, especially in a division as mediocre as the NFC North. It's the Lions.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Why wouldn't you think the browns were going to be 4-11? Your 1 season in the last 5 or so that was semi-relevant to the NFL all the sudden made you perennial play off contenders?

Oh, and congrats on beating an offense oriented team that had a career back up QB who had never won a game before that was starting.
If you thought we were gonna go 4-11 before the season either a.) you have ms. cleo powers or b.) you are mentally handicapped.

I'm also guessing you knew we'd have as many injuries as we would have had and Braylon would have his worst season of football he's had probably ever.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:29 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If were going to talk about anyone's preseason hype the Browns have a lot of explaining to do. It doesn't account for what's going to happen but don't act surprised to be shut out by the Bengals. After all, the only two shutouts we have had that I can remember in the last five or so years have come against the Browns IN Cleveland.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:58 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
If were going to talk about anyone's preseason hype the Browns have a lot of explaining to do. It doesn't account for what's going to happen but don't act surprised to be shut out by the Bengals. After all, the only two shutouts we have had that I can remember in the last five or so years have come against the Browns IN Cleveland.
I wasn't surprised we got shutout foo, I said we are a ****** team because we got shutout by the bengals, theres a huge difference.

And yes, I believe u guys beat us 31-0 or something when you had a WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better team though.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the browns beat the giants, something the lions couldn't even dream of doing
Old 12-22-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's the Lions. The Rams, Chiefs and Bengals are pretty bad but not that bad.

They're all trying hard to be though!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ken Dorsey wins player of the week

robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Browns just lost 14-0 to Bengals and 31-0 to the Steelers in back to back weeks they're so good i bet they would beat the Lions.