Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-25-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I seem to recall you also saying a few weeks ago in response to my rankings that Baltimore was in no way better than Dallas. The Cowboys aren't very good. They haven't been for a long ass time. Move on.
I agree completely.

Not to mention the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game since beating Minnesota in what, 1997?

The Cowboys aren't any better than any of the other teams in the playoff hunt, no matter what ESPN tells people.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey, we can all pitch in 10 dollars and buy the Vikings ;) we can have Scott as our GM. I think the Vikings need to take a page of out the Giants' playoff run from last year.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post

Not to mention the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game since beating Minnesota in what, 1997?
And that means what exactly? I wish you people would refrain from mentioning stupid and meaningless stats like that when making in argument. How exactly does that hurt or help any chances for the Cowboys should they make the playoffs? The spirit of Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith are gonna prevent that?
Old 12-25-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
And that means what exactly? I wish you people would refrain from mentioning stupid and meaningless stats like that when making in argument. How exactly does that hurt or help any chances for the Cowboys should they make the playoffs? The spirit of Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith are gonna prevent that?
The consistent failure of your team in big games doesn't concern you? It sure does mine.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
the_Kid
Rookie

the_Kid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I don't even buy the Vikings making it INTO the playoffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcA-NEhWVfI

No!!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
low blow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
I've got $25, a ham sandwich, and an iPhone. I could probably buy the Lions, but if I wanted the Vikings, I'd have to get a job.
coming from the person whos location is cashville

sig by guesswhosback

Adrian Peterson>>>>Reggie Bush
the_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
The consistent failure of your team in big games doesn't concern you? It sure does mine.
Yes, their lack of execution recently does have me feeling a little weary of their playoff chances, but what happened ten years ago in the playoffs has absolutely no influence whatsoever in this year's, so it just ticks me off a bit when people resort to bringing that up as part of their post. Hate to sound like i'm going off on you, but that's seriously a pet-peeve of mine.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually I was more referencing to the last 3-4 years. Obviously they sucked ass under Chan Gailey and Dave Campo.

My point was, everyone keeps talking about Dallas as if they are in the upper tier of the NFL when they have never done anything to establish themselves as such. It's just name and hype. That's it. There's really no legit reason to say that Dallas is ahead of Atlanta. Just like there wasn't a few weeks ago when Dallas fans said they were so far ahead of Baltimore. They just aren't very good. Every team fails to execute from time to time. I don't think Dallas is underachieving more than any other team. They just aren't that good.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 12-25-2008 at 09:19 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Actually I was more referencing to the last 3-4 years. Obviously they sucked ass under Chan Gailey and Dave Campo.

My point was, everyone keeps talking about Dallas as if they are in the upper tier of the NFL when they have never done anything to establish themselves as such. It's just name and hype. That's it. There's really no legit reason to say that Dallas is ahead of Atlanta. Just like there wasn't a few weeks ago when Dallas fans said they were so far ahead of Baltimore. They just aren't very good. Every team fails to execute from time to time. I don't think Dallas is underachieving more than any other team. They just aren't that good.
I'd like to see who keeps saying that Dallas is in the upper tier of NFL teams, cause it sure as hell isn't me. I still believe that they have the talent and have proven this year that when it's clicking, they're an extremely good team, but like a lot of others, we fall victim to coaching and chemistry mishaps. I don't see how you can call them out on not being good when they destroyed the #1 NFC seed a few weeks ago, and barring a 4th quarter debacle, they had the Pittsburgh Steelers on the brink, on the road. The offense was amazing last year, the defense was what held us back. At this time of the year, our defense is playing great, there's no reason to believe that our offense can't pick up the slack and play above average, seeing what we did last year. The NFC as a whole isn't very good, so why should i favor the Atlanta Falcons when their offense outside the running game is average and their defense is pretty ugly. They got destroyed by that same Minnesota Vikings team that you deny giving any respect to.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At this time of the year, our defense is playing great, there's no reason to believe that our offense can't pick up the slack and play above average, seeing what we did last year. The NFC as a whole isn't very good, so why should i favor the Atlanta Falcons when their offense outside the running game is average and their defense is pretty ugly. They got destroyed by that same Minnesota Vikings team that you deny giving any respect to.
There's no reason to believe that? Really? None? Well in that case the Cowboys must be an elite team.

This is exactly what a lot of you (and yes, this is very specific to Cowboys fans).

"We're the most talented team in the NFL"

"What? No I didn't say we were an elite team, just that we could be an elite team. Ya know, if absolutely everything goes the way that I, as a Cowboys fan, thinks it should go."

"The Cowboys are definately better than teams X, Y, and Z."

After the Cowboys lose to all of those teams

"Well the Cowboys are better than these other teams that haven't beaten us yet. Especially once we turn everything around and live up to our hype, which we so clearly deserved."

"But again, I'm not saying the Cowboys are elite at all."

Give. It. Up.

And no, I'm not denying Minnesota respect at all. I think they would kick the **** out of the Cowboys.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

You make it very hard for someone to take your opinions as objective as you try to sound. What exactly leads you to believe that the Cowboys would get destroyed by the Vikings? Or what about the Falcons?
Old 12-26-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

god i hate this arguementt: u make it hard to take opinions. sometimes opinions are based on wrong things. just because something is an opinion doesnt mean it cant be wrong. people should start understand that.

and why the **** did another thread ABOUT THE VIKINGS turn into a cowboy thread?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
You make it very hard for someone to take your opinions as objective as you try to sound. What exactly leads you to believe that the Cowboys would get destroyed by the Vikings? Or what about the Falcons?
By destroyed I mean lose by a touchdown but get gashed in the runninggame. I don't think the Falcons/Vikings are much better than the Cowboys, but I do think they are better.

The Cowboys turn the ball over way too much and they don't stop the run. Romo (who I like a lot) is good for at least a pick per game, T.O. is good for a few dropped passes per game. I've always thought Roy E. Williams (not to mention the other one) was massively overrated.

The Cowboys defense is excellent at getting after the quarterback, but not much else. The running defense seems to have gone soft, and outside of Newman the secondary is average.

A lot of people look at the Cowboys and see stars. I see a group of prima donnas that don't play winning football.

But we'll see if they step up to the plate on Sunday.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
By destroyed I mean lose by a touchdown but get gashed in the runninggame. I don't think the Falcons/Vikings are much better than the Cowboys, but I do think they are better.

The Cowboys turn the ball over way too much and they don't stop the run. Romo (who I like a lot) is good for at least a pick per game, T.O. is good for a few dropped passes per game. I've always thought Roy E. Williams (not to mention the other one) was massively overrated.

The Cowboys defense is excellent at getting after the quarterback, but not much else. The running defense seems to have gone soft, and outside of Newman the secondary is average.

A lot of people look at the Cowboys and see stars. I see a group of prima donnas that don't play winning football.

But we'll see if they step up to the plate on Sunday.
Before the Ravens in the 4th quarter, who exactly gashed the Cowboys in the running game, and what makes you believe the team that was pretty much shut down overall last year by a considerably worse defense can't do the same this year?

I agree with the rest of your post, but despite all of that, they've had a chance to win every game recently. They're playing very good on defense and bad on offense. Maybe one of those will change, who knows, hopefully the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
god i hate this arguementt: u make it hard to take opinions. sometimes opinions are based on wrong things. just because something is an opinion doesnt mean it cant be wrong. people should start understand that.

and why the **** did another thread ABOUT THE VIKINGS turn into a cowboy thread?
I don't have a problem with opinions when they're based on legitimate arguments, like BF51 is finally making (took a few posts).
Old 12-26-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea but people pull out that **** every ******* time" durrrrh its my opinion i cant be wrong" **** that, even opinions can be wrong

btw: to have a chance to win a game late in the game and doing so are two different things. just because the packers couldve won 7 games late in the game doesnt mean they are good. coming close to winning and winning games are the differences between average teams and great teams

Old 12-26-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
btw: to have a chance to win a game late in the game and doing so are two different things. just because the packers couldve won 7 games late in the game doesnt mean they are good. coming close to winning and winning games are the differences between average teams and great teams
I understand that. Who did Dallas just beat handily two weeks ago though?
Old 12-26-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

yea well the giants got beaten by the browns too so i try not to read to much in who u beat but how u have done recently. the giants played without jacobs right?
i mean the cowboys got beaten by the rams

Old 12-26-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch your ******* mouths in ******* thread. lol

I like the Vikings. They play some good D.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
yea well the giants got beaten by the browns too so i try not to read to much in who u beat but how u have done recently. the giants played without jacobs right?
i mean the cowboys got beaten by the rams
If you think that Brad Johnson led team is the same one as now, we can put an end to this conversation now.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I understand that. Who did Dallas just beat handily two weeks ago though?
You beat them without their two best offensive weapons, congrats.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Vikings are known for choking at this time of year.

Everything just seems set up for them to lose to the Giants and miss the playoffs.

If they do make it though, they could beat anyone
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBIB View Post
Vikings are known for choking at this time of year.

Everything just seems set up for them to lose to the Giants and miss the playoffs.

If they do make it though, they could beat anyone
We can still lose and get in if the Texans win!

The NFC North is a conference full of choke so hopefully we are not the biggest chokers this week. Too bad it wasn't the Packers and Vikings fighting for a playoff spot because I mean the Packers are one of the few teams in the league who are bigger chokers than the Vikings this year.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So...if the Packers lose to the Lions by less than four points on Sunday, god forbid, we will have tied an NFL record with 8 losses by 4 points or less in one season. So far, that's 21 points that have decided 7 games. That's just ridiculous. I mean, the Vikings lose by that amount on a weekly basis! :)

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by Boston : 12-26-2008 at 04:32 PM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Old 12-28-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 2008 Minnesota Vikings= the best team in all NFL existence.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of curiosity have they been better with or without Tice?

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote