Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2008 Pre-Playoff Thoughts (No Homer Corner)

#1. Peyton is the MVP, please don't argue. Nobody else is the heart and soul of a great team this year. There are great players in the league this year, and they have put up some amazing stats, but there is only one MVP and he wears #18 for Indianapolis.

#2. Congratulations to...

Michael Turner, for stepping into the limelight and dominating.

Tom Cable and Mike Singletary, for getting bad teams to respond to them and earning their stripes as head coaches.

Chris Horton, for showing 'em.

Brett Favre, Miami owes this guy a beer.

Atlanta, for keeping the NFC South wheel rotating when no one suspected it. See you next year, Saints.

Demarcus Ware, this guy had an amazing year and might just be the best athlete in the NFL. Ed Reed's my DPOY but it was too close to call and ultimately I made the decision based on making the playoffs.

The Detroit Lions, for making history. Too bad they can't go 0-18 and then win a game.

#3. Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah, I predicted the Dolphins contending for the playoffs during the offseason. This was before the Pennington acquisition even; don't get me wrong, he was a huuuuge part of what they got done this year, but my prediction was largely based on their offensive line and running game, and Bill Parcells knowing what to do with a 3-4 Defense. No, I didn't see the Wildcat coming, and I sure as hell didn't realize they would phase New England out of the tournament, but I'm giving myself an official pat on the back for this one.

#4. There are officially a TON of excellent young QBs in the league right now; When Peyton, Drew and Tom go riding off into the sunset (still a ways away, don't worry), they will leave behind Eli, Ben, Philip, Jay, Matt, Joe, Tony, Aaron and a host of other guys who can still prove themselves in the meantime. Aerial attacks aren't going anywhere, but there's no doubt that...

#5. 2008: Year of the Ground game. The most production rookie RB class ever, AD, the Carolina Carltons, Burner Turner and his sidekick Norwood, etc. etc. etc.

This is all with LT having a down year and Darren McFadden not breaking out.

Things I want to see in the playoffs, if I can't see the Chargers win the SB.

1. TN/Pitt: The terrible towel rematch. These games are known in my family as "real football." Physical beat downs that also involve a funny-shaped ball.

2. Whatever the hell the Dolphins have planned next. What, you don't think they were saving something for the postseason?

3. McNabb redemption. The guy deserves it. I've never seen a franchise QB get hated on like McNabb, although he's not without his faults.

4. Carolina, keep on trucking. These guys are my non-homer Super Bowl pick.

That's all for now.

Okay, oneeeee tiny homer comment: Congrats 2008 Bolts: Any team can cash it in with a 4-8 record, but they kept battling and karma rewarded them with a resurrection. They're 0-0 now.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
#3. McNabb redemption. The guy deserves it. I've never seen a franchise QB get hated on like McNabb, although he's not without his faults.

4. Carolina, keep on trucking. These guys are my non-homer Super Bowl pick.
The only two teams that scare me in the NFC. Although McNabb doesn't really scare me at all. But thinking of playing Westbrook a third time makes me need to change my pants.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carolina VS Indianapolis in the superbowl. Mark it down

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tbh, I don't like the Colts chances against the Bolts, they are a dangerous playoff team.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote