Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arians better be let go by the Steelers after the year.

I'll seriously take anyone.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chudzinski will be available only b/c Crennel will get fired and when you fire a coach the staff goes with him almost always. He's a good OC, I hope we keep him in Cleveland.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
What am I overreacting to exactly? Our 5-10 season? Are my expectations suppose to be lower than the playoffs with this team? We're young, sure, but we're as talented as any team in the NFC.
No you aren't. You aren't even the most talented team in the NFC North.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Andy Reid is available for some team other than Philadelphia.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take McCarthy as a head coach in a second, very good coach imo. I love McDaniels as well.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
No you aren't. You aren't even the most talented team in the NFC North.
Haa. Ok. This is gonna turn into a homer debate so I'll stop it before it starts.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Someone should make Jim Colletto their Head Coach. That'd be a shrewd hire.
Maybe Detroit will make him their new head coach.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Chan Gailey wants to go back to coaching college...

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haa. Ok. This is gonna turn into a homer debate so I'll stop it before it starts.
No it's not, I was talking about the Vikings. Unlike many people on this board, I don't feel the need to argue that my team is the best at everything, or even anything.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
I heard Chan Gailey wants to go back to coaching college...
That's probably his best fit.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:26 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else noticing that alot of talented offensive coordinators are probably going to be fired for no reason?

I really think the NFL might be the single most ******** league in the sports world when it comes to coaches. Everyone and their mother knows that continuity is the best thing for a franchise, and most will admit that. But the second a team messes up a little bit...coaches aren't coaching right, aren't calling plays right, are too mean/too nice.

I'm saying this because two guys I think are going to be great for the Jets long term (Mangini and Schotty) have a legit possibility of being gone. For who you ask? Good question, cause most fans only have vague ideas and dreams of that right now.

These two....the Browns coordinator (who I really like after what he did last year)...the Bengals OC was getting alot of praise a couple of years ago...I guarantee if they get fired they get picked up fast and they have successful careers.

It really sucks that the media has so much hidden power in this league...they're the #1 cause of coach firings...and we the fans only have their word to go on too...and most fans will buy anything the media throws their way. In todays NFL guys like Bill Walsh and Chuck Noll would never have made it past their 3rd year...combined they were 33-57 their first 3 years with one winning season between them....imagine that happening in todays league.

It must just plain suck to be a coach in the NFL. You get to do most of the actual brain using work for less pay and less credit...of course when you make it big you make it real big...but you need to find yourself a really smart and ballsy franchise to really get the shot to plant your roots and grow.

// end rant.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:03 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as much as I don't really want to say it, I feel Bratkowski will still be with the Bengals next season.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 04:29 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I wouldn't mind seeing Scott Linehan come in and replace Killdrive after Al Davis makes killdrive the highest paid coach per game in the NFl prior to firing him at half time of week six with a giant guillotine decapitating a life-size Killdrive doll and Al just hitting Gilbride with the oogily eye as his contract suddenly burst into flames.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:45 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
No it's not, I was talking about the Vikings. Unlike many people on this board, I don't feel the need to argue that my team is the best at everything, or even anything.
I feel like the Packers are the most talented then the Bears a close second. For one reason or another, I'm not high on Minnesota. As far as talent, I feel they lack as opposed to the other two teams in the North. It's opinion I guess and no one can be wrong because there's no substansial evidence one way or another. We only know that the Lions are not.

Old 12-25-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Scott Linehan come in and replace Killdrive after Al Davis makes killdrive the highest paid coach per game in the NFl prior to firing him at half time of week six with a giant guillotine decapitating a life-size Killdrive doll and Al just hitting Gilbride with the oogily eye as his contract suddenly burst into flames.
I was honestly expecting Al Davis to hire Bruce Arians.

His offense seems tailor made for Davis. Every WR route is normally 10-15 yards... and his motto? "I don't give a crap how bad the OL is or how often they blitz, Chuck it deep"

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:31 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I was honestly expecting Al Davis to hire Bruce Arians.

His offense seems tailor made for Davis. Every WR route is normally 10-15 yards... and his motto? "I don't give a crap how bad the OL is or how often they blitz, Chuck it deep"
Coughlin has slapped that f it we're going deep mentality out of gilbride a little, but with al's mentoring killdrive will be back to run, run, bomb with the occasional bomb, run, bomb.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:51 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Anyone else noticing that alot of talented offensive coordinators are probably going to be fired for no reason?

I really think the NFL might be the single most ******** league in the sports world when it comes to coaches. Everyone and their mother knows that continuity is the best thing for a franchise, and most will admit that. But the second a team messes up a little bit...coaches aren't coaching right, aren't calling plays right, are too mean/too nice.

I'm saying this because two guys I think are going to be great for the Jets long term (Mangini and Schotty) have a legit possibility of being gone. For who you ask? Good question, cause most fans only have vague ideas and dreams of that right now.

These two....the Browns coordinator (who I really like after what he did last year)...the Bengals OC was getting alot of praise a couple of years ago...I guarantee if they get fired they get picked up fast and they have successful careers.

It really sucks that the media has so much hidden power in this league...they're the #1 cause of coach firings...and we the fans only have their word to go on too...and most fans will buy anything the media throws their way. In todays NFL guys like Bill Walsh and Chuck Noll would never have made it past their 3rd year...combined they were 33-57 their first 3 years with one winning season between them....imagine that happening in todays league.

It must just plain suck to be a coach in the NFL. You get to do most of the actual brain using work for less pay and less credit...of course when you make it big you make it real big...but you need to find yourself a really smart and ballsy franchise to really get the shot to plant your roots and grow.

// end rant.
We live in the microwave era. Everyone wants things done faster and the media outlets instigating every situation doesn't help. Same reasons why rookie quarterbacks are held to a much higher standard now and days and for some reason a "he better make it in his third year or he's a bust" rule is set in stone for a lot of people. Dan Fouts and Warren Moon wouldn't have had a chance in today's league.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
He would be a great OC for the Niners though... as he proved in his last short stay here. Frank Gore, Alex Smith and Vernon Davis all were utilized best under Turner.
I would welcome Turner back in a second. I liked his philosophy a lot more than Mike Martz's. We really seemed to be much closer to a balanced attack...and our offensive redzone playcalling didn't seem that bad compared to this season. Even if it didn't work out, at least that playcalling wasn't absurd. That and Turner really seemed to utilize all parts of the offense more effectively and did things that suited that strengths of it's players. Such as using Alex Smith on rollouts, or actually using Vernon Davis in the passing attack consistently.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:01 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'd welcome him back in a heart beat...he may not be too fond of the run either but, his passing schemes, game knowledge, and game planning trump those of Garrett's.
No thanks, I wouldn't want to bother making a switch if it was Payton, he tries to be cute way too many times as well, wants to get fancy and use trickery at the worst times possible, loves going for it on 4th down all over the field, I liked him when he was here but if we change we need someone to bring the WCO over and a balanced run attack.

If we use all 3 backs next year, and get Romo to start throwing quick slants to TO and Roy and not forcing as many deep passes that aren't there we would be much better all around, I don't think there would be a huge difference in Payton and Garrett.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:11 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Anything can happen with Chan Gailey but he has made our offense look decent this season (moreso since Tyler came in) so I'm kind of hoping with all the vacancies we're sure to have that his isn't one of them.
I concur with this
Old 12-29-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

delete this post.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 01-01-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've defended McCarthy for the majority of the season but now it's just extremely hard to. There has been some games where we hands down should have won but when we don't guess who that falls back on? The Head Coach.
The players for not executing? The other team practices as well, you can't win them all and can't blame the HC for every loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I wish Sean Payton was added to that list. I think he's a very good OC but I'm not fond of him as a HC.

I actually wouldn't mind the Saints bringing in either Chan Gailey or Stan Brock (my personal preference) to be their new OC, which is basically a glorified OL coach.
I know Payton hasn't been brilliant his whole career, but this year he too the team to 8-8 with 15 players on IR and he missed Colston big time at the start of the year.

This is in a pretty damn tough division too, I mean it wasn't that long ago that all three NFC:S teams were holding playoff spots.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
The players for not executing? The other team practices as well, you can't win them all and can't blame the HC for every loss.
Even if the players don't perform well, it's the head coaches fault. See Eric Mangini, see Romeo Crennel. It's the harsh reality of it. I realize the head coach can only do so much and then the rest of it is on the players to do their job and they take equal blame. But what's easier? Firing the head coach or getting rid of players that earn millions a year that the GM has invested so much into? I think if we are a shade under .500 next year, it's time for McCarthy to go. Thompson realizes that because if it becomes the owner's decision at contract time the two may leave together. The GM will let go of the head coach when he feels his seat is getting warm to save his own ass. Thompson doesn't feel it yet, but it should be on pre-heat for next season.