Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
Matt Ryan is on his way to entering the class with the other elite quarterbacks. I can't wait to see him next year and in 2010.

1. Payton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Carson Palmer
4. Ben Rothlisberger
5. Jay Cutler
6. Matt Ryan
7. Philip Rivers
8. Drew Brees
9. Tony Romo
10. Eli Manning

And to add to that we have quite a few solid QB's as well.

*Donovan McNabb
*Kurt Warner
*Chad Pennington
*Joe Flacco
*Matt Schuab (when healthy and focused)
*Kyle Orton
*Trent Edwards
*Jake Delhomme
*Matt Cassel
*Jason Campbell
*Matt Hasselback
*Aaron Rogers
*JaMarcus Russell

Not really a bad group of NFL QB's, now if the horrid teams can get a legit franchise QB this league would be even more competitive and strong.

Detroit, St.Louis, Kansas City, Cleveland, New York Jets, San Fran, Tampa Bay, Tennessee and Minnesota all need to get their act together when talking about the QB position. Definitly they have made it work so far, but can you imagine if these teams that had made the playoffs without a QB actually had one? They be even better.
Ryan over Brees
Cutler over Brees
Big Ben over Brees

that's funny

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My man crushes grows..

whoa that was umm yeah
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:42 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Ryan over Brees
Cutler over Brees
Big Ben over Brees

that's funny
i dont think he was putting them in order probably just off top
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:45 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
i dont think he was putting them in order probably just off top
I thought so at first but he also has JaMarcus Russel with the solid QB's so i am not so sure

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 12-30-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

personally i feel chris johnson should have been the OROY, but matt ryan was brilliant this season
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well who didn't see this coming? Very deserving though great rookie season. Sadly there were a lot of guys that made strong cases for this.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm happy for the guy. Would have been funny if Ryan Clady had won.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No surprise here. He played really well and he's a QB, he pretty much had it locked up.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

Quote:
I thought so at first but he also has JaMarcus Russel with the solid QB's so i am not so sure
It wasn't in any particular order, I was just naming 10 of the best QBs in the league and as for Russell, I think that he showed a lot of promise towards the end of the season for the Raiders. The game against the Texans was phenominal for him, he really showed why they picked him that high. I saw his potential in a few games this year and his last 2 last year. I think with the right amount of protection and even just a little veteren leadership along the receiving corps he could become an above average QB on the verge of elite status, but certain things have to go right.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
It wasn't in any particular order, I was just naming 10 of the best QBs in the league and as for Russell, I think that he showed a lot of promise towards the end of the season for the Raiders. The game against the Texans was phenominal for him, he really showed why they picked him that high. I saw his potential in a few games this year and his last 2 last year. I think with the right amount of protection and even just a little veteren leadership along the receiving corps he could become an above average QB on the verge of elite status, but certain things have to go right.
promise yeah but solid is exactly the word i wouldnt use describing russel, he has tons of talent but is about as instable as it gets

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 12-30-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
promise yeah but solid is exactly the word i wouldnt use describing russel, he has tons of talent but is about as instable as it gets
Honestly there is no telling how much of that is his O-line. What did the NFL know about Russell before this season: Enormous talent and high ceiling, raw and undeveloped.

What does the NFL know now: Same.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great to see, he has such a bright future in the NFL.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Hey! Thigpen played decently..
Some how I think its you and me against the world in our support for the awesomeness that is Tyler Thigpen, I really like him.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Some how I think its you and me against the world in our support for the awesomeness that is Tyler Thigpen, I really like him.

Thigpen's game is crazy as hell, I like it. I'd rather he be a Chief than Stafford or Bradford though.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors;_...zwHTO5hrEdsLYF

Tennessee Titans running back Chris Johnson said Wednesday that if players voted for Offensive Rookie of the Year, he believes that he, not Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan, would have won the award, according to the Nashville City Paper.

"Of course, it would have been different," Johnson said. "I had the most votes of any rookie [for the Pro Bowl], more than Matt Ryan. I'm the only one that made it to the Pro Bowl out of all the rookies."

"He's a good player, and he played quarterback and did a good job this year," Johnson said of Ryan, who guided the Falcons to an 11-5 record and a playoff berth. "But the whole thing is bogus, because people are voting for it that are not on the same field as the people who are playing.

"I'm disappointed. I did all I could to win it. I feel I did the best. I feel I did all I could do to win it; it just didn't come my way."
Old 01-02-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors;_...zwHTO5hrEdsLYF

Tennessee Titans running back Chris Johnson said Wednesday that if players voted for Offensive Rookie of the Year, he believes that he, not Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan, would have won the award, according to the Nashville City Paper.

"Of course, it would have been different," Johnson said. "I had the most votes of any rookie [for the Pro Bowl], more than Matt Ryan. I'm the only one that made it to the Pro Bowl out of all the rookies."

"He's a good player, and he played quarterback and did a good job this year," Johnson said of Ryan, who guided the Falcons to an 11-5 record and a playoff berth. "But the whole thing is bogus, because people are voting for it that are not on the same field as the people who are playing.

"I'm disappointed. I did all I could to win it. I feel I did the best. I feel I did all I could do to win it; it just didn't come my way."

Chris Johnson wasn't even the best rookie RB; Forte and Slaton were both better. He should shut up. The only rookie Quarterbacks who did was Ryan did were Dan Marino in '83 and Roethlisberger in '04. There are Chris Johnsons' every year.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This just in Chris Johnson, the Pro Bowl is a joke. The reason you made it, yes you did have a great year, is because of a lack of RBs in the AFC. If you were in the NFC, you wouldn't have made it. Furthermore, just because there are better players at Ryan's position than at yours in the AFC, does not translate into you being the best rookie. Please, refrain from talking.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Johnson is upset bc Im sure there was an incentive in his contract that would give him a lot more bank if he won OROY.

thats usually the case.

kind of like how Bradie James threw a girly fit that he didn't make the PB, bc you know, any Cowboy who plays 4 good games in a 16 game season should make it apparently...
Old 01-02-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
any Cowboy who plays in a season should make it apparently...
That's a little more accurate as to their logic ;)

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Chris Johnson wasn't even the best rookie RB; Forte and Slaton were both better. He should shut up. The only rookie Quarterbacks who did was Ryan did were Dan Marino in '83 and Roethlisberger in '04. There are Chris Johnsons' every year.
I am German and i approve this message

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Johnson is now ***** made imo. Stop bitching. The award is nice ot have, but aren't rings and long term success more important?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MVZg639gJ4

You really want him deciding awards?

I think you'd find that a significant number of NFL players are pretty clueless to how good of a season other players are having. Outside of highlights and teams they play they wouldn't pay that much attention to everyones seasons.

Last edited by Bucs_Rule : 01-02-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Johnson needs to realize that playing well as a rookie QB trumps playing well at all other positions.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How were Forte and Slaton "both better"? CJ only gave up the rushing lead between the 3 because he didn't take a single carry in week 17.

Slaton didn't spend the whole season being the #1 focus of defenses he played, either.

I think he was just disappointed and probably has a point about peers voting and not media. I never really understood media votes. The media are amongst some of the least informed, hype controlled and biased fans out there.

But yeah, he needs to realize QB > * and there was realistically no chance a QB wasn't going to win it this year.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Chris Johnson wasn't even the best rookie RB; Forte and Slaton were both better. He should shut up.
Um, no. Just no. Chris Johnson has been the best rookie RB this season.

Unfortunately for CJ, he played on a team that had home field advantage wrapped up by Week 17, so while the Bears and Texans played each other with their starting rookie RB's, the Titans chose to sit CJ for the game.

Both Slaton and Forte played one more game than CJ, yet all three's final statistics were very, very close. Plus, CJ was just as good and even better in many areas as the other two despite his context. Had the Titans played CJ in Week 17, and he maintained his YPG average, he would have finished as the #1 rookie RB statistically, just as he was entering that final week of the season though.

Dang. The guy thinks he's better than another player, and he has legitimate standing ground - It's not like it's Desean Jackson or someone like that saying this. How is he a bad guy? Because he didn't lie through his teeth? Yeah, he should have been more gracious, but the same thing happens year after year. When Vince Young won ROTY, Maurice Jones-Drew had a similar response.

I agree that Matt Ryan should have won ROTY, but I also didn't carry the Titans offense for 15 games this season. CJ busted his tail, and he's upset. Personally, I don't blame him and I'm happy he is cuz that'll only motivate him come playoff time.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote