Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 12-31-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Kawika Mitchell is sweet on blitzes, he should be going after the QB all the freaking time.
Yeah, when he rushes full head of steam straight through the middle of the line, its like 75% chance he will get a sack.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talk about starting the offseason on the right foot. 1st we retain everyone, now this:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3806195

I hate life as a bills fan
Old 01-02-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love it. Overrated chumps claiming they're worth millions when in fact they're not worth a spot above Bryan Scott.

I wish we still had Jim Leonhard. He had more heart than anyone on this team, and now he's playing very well in Baltimore. I don't know if he would've done the same with us, he wasn't that great when starting, but it was hard not to like the guy.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I love it. Overrated chumps claiming they're worth millions when in fact they're not worth a spot above Bryan Scott.

I wish we still had Jim Leonhard. He had more heart than anyone on this team, and now he's playing very well in Baltimore. I don't know if he would've done the same with us, he wasn't that great when starting, but it was hard not to like the guy.
very good ST guy. I dont think he woulda been great in Buffalo, but yeah he was a good guy to have around......guess we may need to take Mays.......and ignore DE again YAY!!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Hey guys, theres a forum mock thats being set up if anybody is interested. There are still something like 12 GM spots available if people are interested.

For people that haven't participated in a forum mock in the past they should check it out, they are tons of fun.

Sign-up deadline is tonight, so try to hurry.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...t=28445&page=3
Old 01-03-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a video of the Bills singing "Twelve days of Christmas". I guarantee a laugh.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lo...9-440044da8fa2

Poz wanted nothing to do with it, McKelvin was uncomfortable, and Lynch was great like always.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Half of these guys shouldn't even be on the team

Blake Costanzo just talked

Justin Jenkins did the best
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

Ah man, McKelvin sounds like a little kid. LOL.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Half of these guys shouldn't even be on the team

Blake Costanzo just talked

Justin Jenkins did the best
I was at the Bills game vs. the Pats.
They played the song over the intercom system.

You should've heard Jenkins - his voice was ringing throughout the stadium. It was pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I was at the Bills game vs. the Pats.
They played the song over the intercom system.

You should've heard Jenkins - his voice was ringing throughout the stadium. It was pretty funny.
Yeah his voice was insanely loud haha...they played it like 10 times haha
Old 01-04-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I <3 Marshawn :D
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

Ahhhh man, what is your predictions on our record next year?

I always say we will be around .500 coming into the season, but honestly, I think we will be 3-13

Old 01-04-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
Ahhhh man, what is your predictions on our record next year?

I always say we will be around .500 coming into the season, but honestly, I think we will be 3-13
a lot depends on the offseason and trent's development (which will honge on the offseason anyway imo), so its too early to call imo
Old 01-04-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Optimistically I think we can go 9-7. Realistically it is more like 7-9
Old 01-04-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Optimistically I think we can go 9-7. Realistically it is more like 7-9
7-9. The Jauron Special!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
jdcozart
Rookie

jdcozart needs more cowbell.

Be easy on Jauron. I did a scouting/player personnel internship for the Bills over the summer. I saw him everyday for more than a month. He's one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. In all honesty the Bills are really young and don't have a ton of talent. I don't think that 7-9 is bad with the collection of talent the team has, but that's just my opinion.
jdcozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcozart View Post
Be easy on Jauron. I did a scouting/player personnel internship for the Bills over the summer. I saw him everyday for more than a month. He's one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. In all honesty the Bills are really young and don't have a ton of talent. I don't think that 7-9 is bad with the collection of talent the team has, but that's just my opinion.
Sweet job, I do scouting too (well, for baseball). Yeah I'm a fan of him as a person and all but his play calling is way too conservative. I'd like to see him back with a new OC.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
jdcozart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Sweet job, I do scouting too (well, for baseball). Yeah I'm a fan of him as a person and all but his play calling is way too conservative. I'd like to see him back with a new OC.
Who do you scout for? That's really cool that you're a scout. I'm graduating in May so I still have to get a job, but the internship was a HUGE step...I'm not a fan of Schonert either.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Who do you scout for? That's really cool that you're a scout. I'm graduating in May so I still have to get a job, but the internship was a HUGE step...I'm not a fan of Schonert either.
Cardinals. DII, DIII, and JuCo. I just started.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
jdcozart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Cardinals. DII, DIII, and JuCo. I just started.
That's really sweet man. Congratulations! I'm working hard to become a scout myself. I'm going to he Senior Bowl in a couple weeks and staying throughout to network and I have gotten into the NFL Combine the last two years and sat amongst the scouts and coaches so hopefully I'll be scouting same as you soon! Stay in touch because if and when I get in the league I've always wanted to make contacts in the other major sports so I could get some tickets to MLB/NBA games and hook my friend up with some NFL tickets. Shoot me an e-mail at jdcozart@bsu.edu. Oh, my name is Jon.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I disagree. I can accept 7-9 this year which is only Edwards 2nd year as a starter but I will really question Jauron if he cannot produce a winner by next season. To be fair, our owner must keep the team intact and use his draft picks to improve the team and not just to replace FA's lost. This has been a familiar pattern for the past decade. Hopefully the money secured from the Toronto self off of games will provide us with enough income to change our philosophy.
Jauron is on the very hot seat for me. Win or else.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:35 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I disagree. I can accept 7-9 this year which is only Edwards 2nd year as a starter but I will really question Jauron if he cannot produce a winner by next season. To be fair, our owner must keep the team intact and use his draft picks to improve the team and not just to replace FA's lost. This has been a familiar pattern for the past decade. Hopefully the money secured from the Toronto self off of games will provide us with enough income to change our philosophy.
Jauron is on the very hot seat for me. Win or else.
I am in full agreement.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I'm sure he is, but that doesnt factor into him being on the hot seat or not. Rod Marinelli seems like maybe the classiest coach in the NFL. The way he handled the media this season was nothing short of remarkable, but he still went 0-16 and was fired (rightfully so). Juaron has to produce on the field, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. If you get FOUR YEARS (thats a lifetime for coaches now), you damn well better at least be able to muster one winning season. Next year has to be the year for DJ for sure. Maybe the team doesnt have winning record talent (I beg to differ, but that for another time), but it is the coach and GM's job to bring in players, and he has clearly not gotten it done if that is the case. Now, Ralph is cheap and I am sure we have lost players DJ wanted to keep and so on......but if you are going to coach the Bills, that means u get Ralph and u have to win with what u are supplied. Sorry, Buffalo may be a tougher place to win bc of Ralph's cheapness, but bc he is cheap doesnt mean a coach has a free pass to go 7-9 every year (look at DelRio in JAX, that man gets it done). If DJ cant do it with what Ralph is providing, let someone else have a shot......even if it fails it is an attempt to win. I would rather at least like to see my team aspire to something greater than continue to mire in mediocrity, which so far defines DJ's tenure as head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

ahhhh......that felt good

Last edited by Rob S : 01-06-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
jdcozart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'm sure he is, but that doesnt factor into him being on the hot seat or not. Rod Marinelli seems like maybe the classiest coach in the NFL. The way he handled the media this season was nothing short of remarkable, but he still went 0-16 and was fired (rightfully so). Juaron has to produce on the field, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. If you get FOUR YEARS (thats a lifetime for coaches now), you damn well better at least be able to muster one winning season. Next year has to be the year for DJ for sure. Maybe the team doesnt have winning record talent (I beg to differ, but that for another time), but it is the coach and GM's job to bring in players, and he has clearly not gotten it done if that is the case. Now, Ralph is cheap and I am sure we have lost players DJ wanted to keep and so on......but if you are going to coach the Bills, that means u get Ralph and u have to win with what u are supplied. Sorry, Buffalo may be a tougher place to win bc of Ralph's cheapness, but bc he is cheap doesnt mean a coach has a free pass to go 7-9 every year (look at DelRio in JAX, that man gets it done). If DJ cant do it with what Ralph is providing, let someone else have a shot......even if it fails it is an attempt to win. I would rather at least like to see my team aspire to something greater than continue to mire in mediocrity, which so far defines DJ's tenure as head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

ahhhh......that felt good
Well I guess I'm going to have trouble looking at this objectively since I've worked with him and I'm very good friends with one of his daughters, but I don't know why you all think that the Bills have such great talent. I like most of the guys since I was around them every day too, but athletically who excites you? I like Lynch. I talked to him a lot and I think he's dynamic. I really like Fred Jackson and I think he's underrated. Evans is good, but he isn't near what he should be given the average performances out of the QB position. McGee is good and I like Stroud too. Roscoe is a beast but only on ST. Peters is special, but consistently unhappy with his contract situation. The WRs are average. Same with the LBs. Schobel is overrated and Kelsey is a great guy, but needs to be part of a rotation. Not a starter. The secondary is improved this year, but Whitner and Simpson just do not make big plays ala Polamolu, Reed, Sanders. I do not see a playoff team right now and the talent on the team isn't a reflection on Jauron. He doesn't have final say on personnel decisions even though the team doesn't have a GM. The team needs more special players like Lynch and Peters before I will call them playoff contenders. Right now 7-9 is the best the team can hope for again next year in a tough division.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I guess I'm going to have trouble looking at this objectively since I've worked with him and I'm very good friends with one of his daughters, but I don't know why you all think that the Bills have such great talent. I like most of the guys since I was around them every day too, but athletically who excites you? I like Lynch. I talked to him a lot and I think he's dynamic. I really like Fred Jackson and I think he's underrated. Evans is good, but he isn't near what he should be given the average performances out of the QB position. McGee is good and I like Stroud too. Roscoe is a beast but only on ST. Peters is special, but consistently unhappy with his contract situation. The WRs are average. Same with the LBs. Schobel is overrated and Kelsey is a great guy, but needs to be part of a rotation. Not a starter. The secondary is improved this year, but Whitner and Simpson just do not make big plays ala Polamolu, Reed, Sanders. I do not see a playoff team right now and the talent on the team isn't a reflection on Jauron. He doesn't have final say on personnel decisions even though the team doesn't have a GM. The team needs more special players like Lynch and Peters before I will call them playoff contenders. Right now 7-9 is the best the team can hope for again next year in a tough division.
But you can't keep accepting mediocrity year after year after year. Even if a nice coach is doing all he can with the players he has, if that keeps resulting in missing the playoffs, then you have to see if some other coach can get them there, even if you don't know if it's possible. You can't just keep saying "good job" at 7-9.
Do the Dolphins have amazing talent? No, but look at what they did. And Jauron isn't doing the best he could be, anyway. Browns and 49ers at home? Swept by Jets and Dolphins? We could be doing better.
Against the poor teams we did beat (and should beat - we're not the least talented team in the league) and the good teams that beat us, this season was a showcase of poor coaching. Player underperformance was there, too, in high quantity. But it was not a good year for the staff. (Save Bobby April, he is glorious)
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote